• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite map

Your favourite map

• Konigsplatz

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Arad

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Hedgehog

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Rakowice

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Barashka

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Bondarevo

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Ogledow

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Basovka

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Kaukasus

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Krasnyi Oktyabr

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Odessa

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Stalingradkessel

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Baksanvalley

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
I voted for Bondarevo, because I love combined arms maps, and I'm a monster with the PTRD.

I was on DBDUK last night with Angel, Pile and Countess on Bondarevo and there were some incredible tank battles happening.

While looking down from the hill in the Western Farm, I watched Countess fend off three tanks in a very intense encounter. Countess was out in the open at a crossroad and was being fired upon from the front, rear and right side. You could hear the shells scream across the map and then you would see the glowing round impact his armor with a crunch. Most of the shots were bouncing off of him. He dispatched two of the three and succumbed to the last. It was quite an amazing sight how this scene played out. This map is my favorite at the moment. Rakowice is a close second.

What I would like to see is some of the skilled mappers in the community get together and create a highly ambitious Stalingrad map, with the Volga and the Silo, and Mamayev Kurgan/Hill. I think if done with care, a map like this could be epic. Here is a link to some Stalingrad pics http://www.stalingrad.com.ru/history/history.htm. Notice the first set of Chuikov pics, there is a shot of some Russians loading a mortar on Mamayev Hill.. cmon add functional static mortars!!!! :cool:

EDIT= Odessa is fun, but it reminds me too much of the 'ol DoD style maps, closed in fighting with only a few routes. If you're a good defending team then it's real easy to block off all of the routes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The best map off all is surely kaukasus, it has great gameplay and it looks great (i even get ammused by walking around in an empty server :p), then baksanvalley, great map (looks great and also great gameplay), then a map like basovka (but i would really like to see them get the arty out and put it like in stalingradkessel wich is random), then hedgehog or odessa. It would be really cool if mappers would make more maps with the graphics/atmosphere/gameplay of maps like hedgehog/basovka/kaukasus, cuz they look really good and there extremely fun to play.

Upvote 0
I am surprised nobody has mentioned Arad, since that's what gets voted about 90% of the time, in my experience. I am going to vote Odessa, since it looks like my type of map...my computer has issues when I connect to it though, so I haven't been able to play for real. Baksan Valley is also a really good map, and that attack and defend one.

Upvote 0
Hedgehog, definitely.

I think a better poll would be which are your least favorite maps. Obviously people will have widely differing opinions on what the best maps are, since there are so many great ones, but I'd like to see what the concensus is on the worst maps so that mappers know what to avoid.

Upvote 0