• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.'

Strike, all I did was as is mentioned above. Open Steam, select File->Change User (which you say you have done), then I logged out, closed Steam (from the System Tray also) then logged in again.

That did it for me. It really is frustrating how Valve / Steam is so dodgy. So far I think I have had nearly all the problems mentioned in these forums and have managed to rectify them.

Let me know if you still have these problems and I'll try to suggest some other actions (if I can).

Upvote 0
There are two different messages that are popping up, one has a solution, and one doesn't, I believe.

"Can't Connect - The version you are running is different from the servers"

Is solvable by logging in/out as has been said.

'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.'

I believe is a separate message and issue, caused by the server not being able to auth your steam account.

I'm pretty sure that a solution would be to make a new steam account and re-buy RO, but I'm really not prepared to spend another $25 to test my hypothesis.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work for me either, i'm getting a "connection failed" message now as well but I suppose I"ll deal with that after that 'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.' thing is gone.
Like Cappo said nothing works, do we even know if this is a steam related problem or a RO one?

Upvote 0
Strike said:
Doesn't work for me either, i'm getting a "connection failed" message now as well but I suppose I"ll deal with that after that 'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.' thing is gone.
Like Cappo said nothing works, do we even know if this is a steam related problem or a RO one?

Strike, read my messages. It's a steam related issue and the only way I could solve it was to make a new steam account, and buy RO again.

Upvote 0
Ok, so far I have managed to play after a "This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to" error by doing naff all.

I played on friday night, couldn't on saturday morning, could saturday afternoon, would not work on sunday.

On sunday I tried logging out and into steam to no avail, was tempted to go for the bull in a china shop approach and buy the game again, but i've got the feeling that this will not work for everybody

Upvote 0
Cappo said:
not match two times for the same , and it can yet it will not act further

yoda.jpg

Upvote 0
I had exactly the same problem after installing a dedicated RO server on my gaming machine... I fixed it after reading a previous post from BORAT ... all I did was log completely out of steam by going to view->settings and 'login as a different user...' this logged me out and closed down steam... which then reoppened and asked me to logon... once I logged on again all was well... This has worked for me... so far.. :)

Upvote 0
all of the above did not help... i am not going to pay for a game that i have been playing for a week and after coming home from my 2nd funeral in 3 weeks and have this bs happen... this is someones error and im not paying for it... i deleted all the folders and what not and am currently redownloading game... i love this game too... i am hoping for a Tripwire statement of this steam support doesnt know what they are doing it seems...

Upvote 0