• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the best shot you made?

Same here. I was playing... I dunno, a cold map. Snow. A very big river, and a long metal bridge. The bridge and river sperated the axis and allies, and the allies had the last objective to defend. It was basically a stalemate; sniper taking potshots, MG's spraying, artilery and tanks firing every which way. Eventually we took the bridge (Thanks to moi) and me and another guy were 'leapfrogging' down the bridge. One of us would move up to cover and cover the bridge with his rifle while the other one moves, and when he gets there the other starts moving, etc. Anyway, I'm covering the bridge when I get to some sturdy cover and I tell the other guy to stop. We were facing a big hill that lead down from the Russian spawn, and there was no cover for a few hundred feet down the hill, and Russians would run down it in spawn waves. The very first guy I saw was a rifleman, poking his head above the hill and crouch-sprinting down. I lined up my Gewer 43 to where he was going to be, adjusted for range (This was a really long shot) and shot once. Only once. Then, I see the message:
Freshbrains (Guy with bullet in head) PoorSod
w00t!

Upvote 0
My best moment/kills:

The enemy is in a building a sniper and two others cover him... this little squad gives our team so much headache that i tell 3 others to rush them and stall them until i can get em from side or behind...

Thanks to my team mates I go unnoticed... i get close then suddenly comes this enemy from behind... he misses but my cover is blown.... in a snap second i take my gun out... turns around and cap my mag full in his body...

Now the 3 players i was first out to kill has spotted me... I know this is the end... my life flashes by... with the words i will not go down without a fight printed into the back of my head i grap for my grenade.... as I throw it i get a bullet in the head... 2 secs later the 3 players all gets blown up....

My team mates moves ahead and captures this very good and important area!

:D

Upvote 0
this doesnt qualify but entertaining nontheless....
i was on a map where i as an axis member had to defend an apartment... i was on the third floor window in prone with a sniper rifle, when i see hordes of the big red troops storming down the alley... i pick off about 3 but one of them pulls an amazingly lucky shot to knock the rifle out of my hand, my rifle fell to the ground from three stories up where i was... now i guess the big red troops saw this so they blitzkrieg it to the building im at and i am crouched in the corner wielding my pistol only to get pummeled down by a hail of big red bullets. hah it was definetly one of those "oh ****... i hope they didnt see me" moments:p

Upvote 0
I was sniping from the train station (2nd story windows) on Stalingrad Kessel and was aiming into the ruins of the warehouse...Russians had just taken it back and were pushing the Germans back...the Russians would move throug the debris and with I would pick them off...move past a girder...1 less russian to worry about. I had very little room to make the kills but i kept on getting them...Germans regained the offenseive with reinforcements and took the warehouse and held it.

My favorite is when i was playing the map with the Bridge and peninsula(starts with a B...baroshka?) An officer was calling arty down on our left bank near the wall where the tanks were using it for a hull down postion. The gruppenfuhrer was at the bunker above the bridge spotting for another attack. I walk in and make my way past 2 other soldiers, take out my pistol, and shoot him 3 times in the chest...the other soldiers just look at me...then i run back out into my tank...drive across the bridge take out a T34 and capture the north field winning the map...

Upvote 0
I got the most amazing Panzerfaust shot off on a T-34/85 the other day on Konigsplatz, you should have seen it, it was awesome. The tank was way far off, or at least it seemed like it; it was probably only around 100 meters or so, but with a Panzerfaust that might as well be a mile. I had launched my other two PF's at him and got two complete misses, and when I readied my last one for firing, I aimed just a little bit higher than before. He hadn't bothered to move; presumably the crew figured that whoever missed two PF shots already wouldn't be able to do jack with a third. I steady myself, and fire. I follow the path of the grenade as it flies, and as I watch it fall out of the air, my heart sinks and I'm thinking, "Well, crap, there ain't no way that's gonna hi-"

Boom.

The Panzerfaust grenade drops down, impacts, and explodes right on top of the turret. Absolutely perfect shot, punches straight through the thinnest armor on the beast. The tank goes up in flames, and I am the happiest princess at the ball. Three confirmed kills.

Upvote 0
Moe_Rahn said:
I got the most amazing Panzerfaust shot off on a T-34/85 the other day on Konigsplatz, you should have seen it, it was awesome. The tank was way far off, or at least it seemed like it; it was probably only around 100 meters or so, but with a Panzerfaust that might as well be a mile. I had launched my other two PF's at him and got two complete misses, and when I readied my last one for firing, I aimed just a little bit higher than before. He hadn't bothered to move; presumably the crew figured that whoever missed two PF shots already wouldn't be able to do jack with a third. I steady myself, and fire. I follow the path of the grenade as it flies, and as I watch it fall out of the air, my heart sinks and I'm thinking, "Well, crap, there ain't no way that's gonna hi-"

Boom.

The Panzerfaust grenade drops down, impacts, and explodes right on top of the turret. Absolutely perfect shot, punches straight through the thinnest armor on the beast. The tank goes up in flames, and I am the happiest princess at the ball. Three confirmed kills.

nice!!!

Upvote 0
This doesn't really count as a long or difficult shot, but last night I caught a Stug III with his pants down. I came around a hill and there he was, with his butt pointed at me (I was in a SU-76). I took him out with one shot.

This wasn't a difficult shot, but I liked it because I finally caught a German AFV when he was completely and utterly helpless. Even if he did see me (which I don't think he did), there would have been nothing he could do about it :)

Upvote 0
I got behind an SU-76, that was about 200 meters away from me. I had my scoped K98 and the crew was completely exposed. I take aim at the driver first, knowing that the gunner won't notice and will continue to sit there. First shot hits the driver in the head, the gunner doesn't even notice his fallen comrade. Second shot magically misses and the gunner pokes his head up, big mistake. I take aim again and this time my round hits him in the back of the head.

Upvote 0
Ah well, one of my memorable shots had to have been when a Russian was sprinting with his bayonet ready to stab one of my teammates in the back, and I shot him with my rifle just as he reached my ally; the Russian's ragdoll slumped over and touched my teammate's feet, it was that close.

I suppose it wasn't necessarily a good shot, but rather, an amazingly timed one.

Upvote 0
EvilHobo said:
Ah well, one of my memorable shots had to have been when a Russian was sprinting with his bayonet ready to stab one of my teammates in the back, and I shot him with my rifle just as he reached my ally; the Russian's ragdoll slumped over and touched my teammate's feet, it was that close.

I suppose it wasn't necessarily a good shot, but rather, an amazingly timed one.
Wonder how your teammate reacted when he turned his back :)

Upvote 0
I just had few nice ones, a guner on the tank was holding our advance witht he machine gun, so i flanked him from right, and snicked in really close maybe 30 meters away from him. I didnt wanted to miss him otherwise i would have been dead meet, alligned the iron sights on him and pulled triger. Not necessarly a difficult shot, but it took some work to snick in and not geting noticed by the enemy.

Upvote 0
This isn't exactly an amazing shot, but I was really happy with myself after it. I was a German on Konigsplatz, a map I do not really like that much. Since I do not like it a lot, I would just take 3 Panzerfausts, go to the right side through the ditch, and take out any tanks that pass by.

Well one time I was running through the ditch to get there and I get to the end and come upon a T34 with its back to me. I roll my mousewheel to switch to the Panzerfaust, and I realize I forgot to get one! I had been killed the past 3 times in a row by artillery on our spawn, so the 4th time I ran into the ditch and forgot to get one!

There was nothing I could do, or so I though. Just then, the sticks his head out of the hatch. He doesn't know I am behind him! I bring up my sights, carefully aim it, and I squeeze the trigger. Tank commander has been killed.

Then, the driver freaks out or something because he gets out of the tank. I aim at him and drop him. The gunner then panics and gets out, but my shot misses. He drops back behind the tank while I bring out my grenade. I pull the lanyard, hold it for a second, then throw. It explodes over the tank for a nice airburst that kills him.

I had taken out a tank all by myself without using any form of AT weapon. I was mighty proud of myself.

Upvote 0