• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you Play the game? YES or NO

Can you Play the game? YES or NO

• Total voters
The End said:
You're hardly going to get a fair sample in the tech support forums...

Yes i see where your coming from, but some issues reported here relate to graphical glitches and minor perfromance issues, i want to guage how many of the people in the forum can actually play the game at all.

Some people who had intial problems are in here providing support, i think the sample will reflect the extent of any technical problems being reported, we'll see if the games issues are minor, or if in fact its seriously effecting the number of people that are getting online at this time.

I feel it has a use in guaging that at least. And its a chance for people to voice their situation breifly in one place without specific technical details.

Upvote 0
NO!!!! :mad:

I get the BSOD everytime i try RO.
It restarts my comp when I launch it.

I have Zone Alarm Pro updated to the latest version of Zone Alarm Pro
Program settings to allow Red Orchestra to get in and out thru Zone Alarm
. with WinXP Pro. All drivers are up to date.

I'm very, very, very unhappy with this purchase!

Feels like a beta :(

I should have waited :mad:

Upvote 0
I voted yes. But I'm also going to add a little info as to why I'm probably not having the problems so many are having.

First off, I do not use bloatware (Norton, Mcafee, Zone Alarm) Instead I use AVG anti virus (its free BTW) which uses a fraction of the resources. I also do not use a software firewall, I use a hardware firewall via a router. Next I run Spybot S&D, Windows anti spyware, and Lava Soft anti spyware once a week after doing a virus scan ( all of these are free as well) then I do a clean disc and defrag evrey couple of weeks. Then I use EndItAll before I game to shut down all the unnecessary crap running in the background .

The 2 systems I have are;
P4 3.0 Gig/ 1 Gig Pc3200/GF6600gt/ Win XP Pro

AMD 4000+/2 gigs PC 3200/ Dual 6800 GT's/ Win XP Pro

The second rig is my main gaming rig (obviously) and its easily understandable why that one will run anything out there even though its not "bleeding edge"

But the first one is pretty run of the mill, and probably at or below todays average, and guess what....it too will also run anything out there including RO at full settings.

The biggest problem I believe is that there are many who dont fully understand optimizing what they have, and rely on any game that they may play to do it for them. Do some googling, and find some reputable and popular tweak sites. I think there is a lot that can be done on the part of the user to avoid easily avoidable problems. Hopes this at least helps someone in some small way.

Upvote 0
y2kill said:
Game runs fine for me and all my buddies... I think it's people that don't understand PC's too well are the ones having issues..

You are a total jerk. If you're car doesn't start when you turn the key, does that automatically put the blame on you for not being a certified mechanic (assuming gas and similar basic things are up to par)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I voted Yes i can play, but things dont work as they should. Our clan (loftysmisfits) run a dedi box running Fedora Core4 and it crashes occaisonally. We are sitting tight and waiting for the patch.

The maps do take a little while to load, but we also play BF2 and they take longer.

I have a AMD64 bit 3700 with a gig of ram and a 6200SE PCI-E graffics card installed, not top of the range, but it can play everything out there. Everything is maxed out on this game as well.

All in all the games very good, we expected there to be a few problems and as this is Tripwires' first release we are sitting tight and giving them the benifit of the doubt, (though my oppinion might have changed if I could'nt play it!!)

Just my two penneth anyways!! :D

Upvote 0