• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rats! I don't see MY problem mentioned yet. Freeze on joining any server

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
I verified and loaded. I set my config up. I read through the manual.

I hit Multiplayer and pick a server with an absurdly low ping.

It says Deploying to MAPNAME. And that is it. I get the nice picture and then I sit there until I give up and have to turn my computer off.

I have tried more than one server, more than one map.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300, pent 4, with 3.20 GHz with 1 gig of ram and a bazillion gigs available to my storage. 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. And cable internet.

Last edited:
Yeah, some of us load for a LONG time. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than like 3-4 minutes though. I'd do two things...

1. Make sure your firewall isn' blocking the game from connecting properly.
2. Wait for 20 minutes. =) Might very well be that for some reason you have to wait forever.

=\

Monk

Upvote 0
ldude69 said:
Thats bs. He does not need to get more ram. THe game needs to be properly de-buged or he needs to do smething else. I'll say it again. Minimum spec says 512mb. Which means the game shoul work in that. 1GB of ram is definatly enough. Btw this problem happens to me too.

how do you think servers load maps on FPS today? they have 16 slots of memory, memory is your firend and its kinda cheap for a stick of 512.

Upvote 0
DieFledermaus said:
I verified and loaded. I set my config up. I read through the manual.

I hit Multiplayer and pick a server with an absurdly low ping.

It says Deploying to MAPNAME. And that is it. I get the nice picture and then I sit there until I give up and have to turn my computer off.

I have tried more than one server, more than one map.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300, pent 4, with 3.20 GHz with 1 gig of ram and a bazillion gigs available to my storage. 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. And cable internet.
No there's more to it than your hardware config as with that system, it should be at or under a minute. Have you actually sat and watched the clock though? I'm curious what the actual time is if you don't mind.
With my old system which was an AMD 2400+, radeon 9500, 512mb pc2700 ram, I loaded in between 1 and 2.5 minutes. So if you're definitely over those times, there's something wrong.
Have you defragged your hardrive lately? Ran antispyware/adware programs? Disk cleanup?
I'm not trying to lay the blame on you by any means. I just need to gather a little more info from ya;)

Edit: Forgot to ask. Can you load up a practice session?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hardware said:
back in the day yes it was, now you need more, i have 1.5 gigs and maps load in under a minute. today's games need 2 gigs to operate well but since RO isnt based on that new of a engine it dosent need the requirements of the new games today

okay....

this guys game isn't loading AT ALL. that's what we're talking about here. I'm loading it fine in just 2 minutes with 1 gig. people run the game with 512k. this guy is getting nothing... somehow I think simply popping in more ram isn't going to help this guy.

Upvote 0
After I did a full shut down I got in!

But yes it does take 2-4 min to load maps. I think that it ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

With the mod I was usually one of the first three people on and got to pick any class I wanted.

Now I am stuck with bolt every time, unless there are not enough people to fill everything else up.

These servers say they have a ping of 20 or 30 and I am still coming in after the game is well underway, sometimes with two or three caps already taken and being spawn killed as I leave my first spawn.

I simply will NOT play this game if that does not change.

But I think it must and will change. 3.2 Ghz and 1 Gig ram simply should not have that kind of load time, when the mod was not that different and had like 10 second loads for me.

Upvote 0