• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Players refusing to play as a team... Is this normal?

gonzman said:
This is actually quite sad, It's a players right to drive off in a tank on their own (although rude if it's the last tank availible, but thats very very rare), they probably don't want to have to deal with somebody elses slow responses trying to operate a tank, and feel they can better do it them selves. And the ironic thing is in most cases they can, having complete control over your tank is an advantage in some respect, while you can't move and shoot at the same time you can move where you want EXACTLY without having to wait for your driver to get the idea and STOP or MOVE as you asked him too.

Who's being unfair here? You must be my tank driver or i'll ban you! great attitude!

You are missing the point a little i think.
The guy:
1. Refuses to play as a team (which can be a valid choice, but dont claim a team oriented asset then, go play lone rifleman wolf or something)
2. Refuses to play at all holding the tank hostage
3. Deprives the rest of the team from tank support while keeping the baby act up

And, for the record, server admins and owners can make a set of rules to their liking. Anyone playing on their server is a guest, and you go by your hosts rules. If you disagree with them you can play on another server you agree with or dont have rules at all. I like strickt servers, they are usually more fun, and thats what im after :)

Upvote 0
Ludweg said:
:( i think he meant me...... :( waaa... im hurt :p

i take noobs in my tank... i usualy dont really care who gets in i just like a gunner in that turret... i HAVE gunned before but i found that i was either A. bad at it .. or B. i didnt have as much fun i guess.

Dude, dont be so insecure, i ment the guy who was mentioned in the topic poster's post. Not you. Jeez you wuss! ;)

Upvote 0
I see, that's a little different.

I'm talking about the players who like to tank it alone, personally, I don't care if i have a teammate in the tank or not, usually there's no one at spawn to join me so I go it alone.

I also think the more tanks you can field the better so if the player count isn't really ideal, everyone taking a single tank is a an advantage over the a team that decided to group 3 of its limited player count per tank for example.

I'm just saying that, If i was banned from a server for taking a tank out alone, i'd seriously wonder where internet gaming is going, It's okay for server hosts to have rules, but they >could< be a little more agreeable to more than one type of gamer.

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
I see, that's a little different.

I'm talking about the players who like to tank it alone, personally, I don't care if i have a teammate in the tank or not, usually there's no one at spawn to join me so I go it alone.

I also think the more tanks you can field the better so if the player count isn't really ideal, everyone taking a single tank is a an advantage over the a team that decided to group 3 of its limited player count per tank for example.

I'm just saying that, If i was banned from a server for taking a tank out alone, i'd seriously wonder where internet gaming is going, It's okay for server hosts to have rules, but they >could< be a little more agreeable to more than one type of gamer.

Ah. That was not the original posters point. His point was the guy refused to play at all while the second guy was in his tank. He simply refused to leave the spawn and held the tank hostage, and the original poster mentioned that would not be tolerated on his server.

Upvote 0
he called me a wuss.. MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D now that i know sasq dosnt hate me.. party time... *invites pc ruining gnome* :p...

anyways.. lonewolfs that dont get kicked or banned from servers for doing such things .. but just runnin around ramboing a mg / smg will get destroyed anyway.. they have a right to play it their own way. but the battlefield1942 babys really have to go..

Upvote 0
I'll finish up with a few things, Yes, anyone who plays on somebody elses server is a guest, but from where i come from guests are treated with the highest ammount of respect and hospitality, something RO mod has sometimes failed at over the past, the "casual" gamer was never given a reasonable chance, with different servers run by different clans with different rules, only clanners could totally grasp whats okay with the admins and whats going to get you banned, it's nearly religiously enforced "Play how we want you to or i'll kick/ban you"

No way to treat a guest, and now it's even more important to consider other peoples different playing styles as they'll have paid their good money to play it. Don't make it a negative experience for them, let them have fun in their own way, it rarely effects your enjoyment of the game.

Upvote 0
I love teamwork. Unfortunately, I suck at it. When I'm engaging targets I will get VERY focused on what I'm doing. So much so that not only do I not see text chat messages, I won't even hear people talking to me on voice comms! Because of that I tend to solo tanks by default, since my inattention to such won't ruffle someone's feathers if they're trying to contact me.

If you want to know how badly focused I can get, just ask my wife...

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
I'll finish up with a few things, Yes, anyone who plays on somebody elses server is a guest, but from where i come from guests are treated with the highest ammount of respect and hospitality, something RO mod has sometimes failed at over the past, the "casual" gamer was never given a reasonable chance, with different servers run by different clans with different rules, only clanners could totally grasp whats okay with the admins and whats going to get you banned, it's nearly religiously enforced "Play how we want you to or i'll kick/ban you"

No way to treat a guest, and now it's even more important to consider other peoples different playing styles as they'll have paid their good money to play it. Don't make it a negative experience for them, let them have fun in their own way, it rarely effects your enjoyment of the game.
We dont differ in opinions basically. Other then this: Pewp on my couch and you'll be removed in the most friendly manner possible. They might have payed money to play the game, clans pay money for their server on a monthly basis. It's a two way street :)

Upvote 0
This is what I fear the most about tanks in this game. Unless you are on a server with guys you know, there is bound to be this type of behavior. Behavior where people wont get in the tanks with you, or won't let you in. Thus making it impossible for the outsider to use tanks. Sure, having a good crew is nice, but I want to play as a tanker, and I really could care less who is driving or shooting, as long as I'm in a tank. No one I know is gonna play RO, and I will have no choice but to go it alone. And I really think on the clan servers, this behavior will be worse, and much more practiced.

And then you'll get the fighting over who drives and who shoots. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but this is inheritantly the biggest problem with online games. Obviously if you are the one in the group, you don't experience this, but for an outsider just trying to enjoy the game, it's infuriating. And it's not just kids who act like this. It's also adults, who are far worse then kids.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Today I had the unpleasant experience with a player "<insert name>" who refused to drive the tank if someone else was in it with him. All he did was typing "no no no" until I left, he refused to move the tank.

When I complained to him about this he said that he didn't mind if it was someone who knew what they were doing.

This kind of behaviour will NOT be accepted on the 10-78 servers and it will be an automatic ban.

This game is about fun and accepting everyone in as a team regardless of their talent.

Very unsportsman like and shame on you.

aaw poor u

Upvote 0
Correct Felix, the community has an unrealistic expectation that every public game be like a clan match, Not going to happen, and you are the ONLY ones interested in hardcore teamplay realism stuff, not everyones suited to it and some simply don't enjoy it, don't blow this up to be larger than it is, It's not like lone tankers are disruptive to gameplay like a teamkiller or cheater is.

Teamkillers and Cheaters deserve a ban, people who don't work with you in a tank or turn off VOIP or ignore your radio commands because they hate getting bossed around by randoms don't deserve to be banned.

Upvote 0
To keep people from going it alone in a tank you can always force it upon them to drive with two people. I am sure a system wouldn't be too hard to implement where if only one person is in a tank, the movement of the tank becomes disabled and you cannot move anywhere until somebody else gets in with you. This will also include if someone leaves a tank and only one person is left in it, the tank will not be able to move until somebody else gets in. I see this as a better system than just banning people.

Another system that could work would be to remove the ability to manually change positions. The first person will than always be the driver, the second always the main gun and the third person always the MG in a tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gonzman said:
Not meaning to offend anyone in the community, But I see banning players who don't play a certain way a fairly immature thing to do.

I agree totally with that, and with the last post about the unrealistic idea that public games are all going to be hardcore realism and teamplay.

But on the other hand. That clown who wouldn't move the tank because he didn't like the guy who got in it, that's nonsense, and he needs the boot. He is the one who needs the clan based only server. It is my interpretation that you can not shoot and drive a tank in this game alone, so why would want to be in the tank alone? That is stupid, and childish. It is even more childish to not drive the tank unless you approve of who jumps in it with you.

Upvote 0