• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics OMG - Why cant people just defend??

I think the main reason the axis get killed alot is becuase the russians get 2 tanks, the is2 goes after the tiger and the smaller soviet tank just shoots HE shells and gets about 2 kills pershell most of the time. They only hope the axis has is to flank the tank. Easyier said then done, you can do it a few times after that they know that someone is trying to get them.

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
Rave Quote Rave
I have the same problem but other way round.
If Nazis camp the russian right and no one deals with it then russians cant get past the first objective!
Ive never won Konigsberg as Russians and never lost as Nazis.

Yah, people are so concerned with rushing forward to the Moltke monument, they're leaving their right flank wide open. A handful of well placed enemy infantry on the flank can keep the Russians pinned the whole round.

Best tactic I've seen is to push out the right flank and hold the 88mm gun and the searchlight positions until the Western point is capped and the spawn moves forward. The Germans can only really occupy the far sandbag walls, and then they are too far from the monument to halt the Russian advance.

Upvote 0
Eh, well, beta is my first time with Red Orchestra, since I never played the mod (omg heretic!!1). But I wouldn't say I'm too big of a noob in game ;).

In regards to defense, I always give the order to fall back when our reinforcements reach 15% and are outnumbered by the enemy. However, I see a lot of people running right back out to get shot, common example is on Konigsplatz where I say to fall back to the Reichstag and everyone keeps running forward in to artillery :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Good update on whats going on there EH. I think it will just take some time for those of us that are new to RO too learn the ropes. I have been playing games like this for so many years I have lost track. But they are all different and everyone has to learn one way or another. I have spent the last 2 years in CoD:UO and unfortunetly this new CoD2. I think it will be good to see such a big population boost for RO with this new release. I tried the mod back in the day and I just didn't care for it, it was well done but I was just more use to WW2 online during that period of time. This update with Ostfront looks amazing and I hope you beta testers can tell us that are waiting that its worth the wait.

Looks like a good product to me. Hope I am right, and the community will welcome a challenge from the new units/squads joining up.

Upvote 0
EvilHobo said:
In regards to defense, I always give the order to fall back when our reinforcements reach 15% and are outnumbered by the enemy. However, I see a lot of people running right back out to get shot, common example is on Konigsplatz where I say to fall back to the Reichstag and everyone keeps running forward in to artillery :rolleyes:
Indeed. I usually start calling for a retreat to strengthened positions when we're down to about 20:40 reinforcements, but people don't even bother to say "no", much less do it.

Upvote 0
gots to agree though... I find myself doing it often enough as well.

BF2 is a good example of this, capture the 2nd last flag (last flag is uncappable) and all your team has to do is defend... 95% of the time you will slowly see the defenders trickle 'out of the wire' and advance to the attackers position... and of course they all get cut down and the defense is left with 1-2 guys.

Upvote 0