• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Redirecting problems / Custom maps

UsF

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Munich, Germany
We are having trouble with redirecting on our server.
The entries have been made correctly into the ROEngine.ini with a Slash at the end, but maps simply won't download, nor will it write any log whatsoever. When trying to connect, it works fine if you already have the map, but will throw you out when you do not.
Could it be related to our redirect link, that contains a port number? We can access the link fine through a browser, but maybe the game has some problems with it. http://url:port/redirect
Relucant to post the link here since it is not my server.

Are there any logfiles to help with this sort of problem?

Also custom maps do not appear anywhere in the Webinterface. The only thing you can do is put them in the mapcycle, but you cannot start them from there, or am I missing something?

Last edited:
The entries have been made correctly into the ROEngine.ini with a Slash at the end, but maps simply won't download, nor will it write any log whatsoever. When trying to connect, it works fine if you already have the map, but will throw you out when you do not.
Could it be related to our redirect link, that contains a port number? We can access the link fine through a browser, but maybe the game has some problems with it. [url]http://url:port/redirect[/URL]

Also custom maps do not appear anywhere in the Webinterface. The only thing you can do is put them in the mapcycle, but you cannot start them from there, or am I missing something?

Can't help you with the redirect part, cos I have no clue if a port number is allowed in the redirect or not, but I know that some download servers do check what kind of client is downloading a file and they only allow known web-browsers. Do do this to prevent that the files on there servers are auto mirrored by bots that scan for downloadable content and to prevent that people will use there servers as a resource for redirects.

About the maps not showing up in your web-admin tool, you need to manually update the ROGame.ini file on your server. Putting this at the bottom of that file will make the new maps known:
Code:
[Ogledow_B7 ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=Ogledow_B7
FriendlyName=Ogledow_B7
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Station>
Description=Ogledow Beta 7 Map

[TE-Ogledow_B7 ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Ogledow_B7
FriendlyName=Ogledow_B7
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Station>
Description=Ogledow Beta 7 Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

[Butovo-B4 ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=Butovo-B4
FriendlyName=Butovo-B4
Description=Butovo Beta 4 Map

[TE-Butovo-B4 ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Butovo-B4
FriendlyName=Butovo-B4
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
Description=Butovo Beta 4 Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly

You need to restart your server after adding the above to your servers ROGame.ini.

Upvote 0
Could it be related to our redirect link, that contains a port number? We can access the link fine through a browser, but maybe the game has some problems with it. [url]http://url:port/redirect[/URL]

Do not use the port number.

Upvote 0
If it still doesn't work, try entering the url of the specific map you want to download in your web browser and see if you can download it via the web browser. If you can't find it or your web browser gives you an errror, and if you are running Winserver on the redirect server, you may need to add the file extension to the MIME types. I know in RO1 on our Windows 2003 servers, I have to manually assign MIME types of: .uz2, .iwd., .pk3., .zip (etc.) to allow files with those extensions to be downloaded.

Upvote 0