• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Voices?

But cmon, one voice for all different characters?
I hate it

Two voices and don't forget there used to be only 6 skins, other stuff was added as fun.

I might try an experiment, as we have the custom char abilities now with Marco's and Flux's mods. I might make a voice pack. Then do some maths and tell you an approximation of how much it would have cost for studio time and a standard voice actor's rates on top.

We'll see.

Upvote 0
I don't understand this technical limiation. In source you can play as many stupid audio files you want off your HD, why do they need to be cached?

Ok, ignoring the fact this game is built on an engine that was originally made in 2002 and the game released retail 2005.

Due to the access speeds of HDD being what they are when you try to access from them you are prone to hiccups and sync issues and all manor of problems.

Infact, here is a little experiment for you. Remove all but 512MB of RAM from your machine and tell me how well it performs. Then come back to and tell me you can run software straight from the HDDs with no problems.

Upvote 0