• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IGN Best of 2011

So many negative responses. I love the WW2 era of games (where COD and BF started). For me RO2 rocks, I hope you guys get something out of this, you deserve it.

I love WW2 era too. And I love RO2 :cool: And I would say that RO2 is better then modern warfare games(BF3 and MW3)... But I hate Modern warfare... I have BF:BC2, MW1 and MW2 and didn't like any of those. So I Won't buy or even try playing BF3 and MW3. :IS2:

Upvote 0
NA scene dead?

NA scene dead?

With one server and less than 100 people playing most days in NA I can't see RO2 winning. When most people in the HOS group are playing BF3 and Skyrim now it should be more than telling. Really great game but the with the launch and competition from other games it's hard to find a server with people who know how to play. Most public matches seem to be decided by which team knows less about the game. I don't think 1 story is going to help.

Upvote 0
Other Games

Other Games

RO2 might have had a shot at gaining players if the first experience players of others games was not a buggy mess. A lot has been fixed but the damage is done and judging by the dates on this forum it would take and extreme effort to get players back and many of the complaints about the game don't look like they are perceived as problems. 1 server full in NA dose not even beat RO in it's darkest period. Tanks being a non entity is awful. Working on the next mod instead of fixing the main game just seems like whistling in the dark. I could care less about the Pacific game if I can't even find a full server on RO2. I could care less about record sales if 90% of those people quit in the first month. A game needs players to survive and this one seems to think otherwise. Talking about awards and such seems silly. Sorry for the bile but I had high hopes for a new RO and now can't find people who want to play it's such a tough sell.

Upvote 0
RO2 is definitely not my favorite in any category:

The hitdetection is still not what it should be. At times you just strafe somebody's arm and he'll die instantly and on other occasions you shoot his chest 2 times and finally on the 3rd he dies.

Bots who can headshot you while they are sprinting in the opposite direction and you being covered in smoke is something I believe is reserved for Chuck Norris only.
Bots are invincible to both gunfire and melee attacks when charging you at so many occasions it's not near any fun.
Nades from time to time just push people around even if they are sitting on them they move like being *****slapped.

Weapon loadout is making fun of history with its dozens of MkB carrying players. I'd rather believe that German heroes get a ppsh smg.

No 1st person full body awareness (guys if you haven't noticed it's 2011, 21st century, and I'm running around with no limbs!)
Crysis series did this with excellence and it's an arcade game no realism shooter.

I had very high hopes, believed in a niche product becoming a CoD basher and fraggin' hell on the game market but with this bug ridden start-off and the still existing problems I realized quite fast that my dream was a castle made from soap bubbles.

If you guys just had sticked to your basics and made a graphical update of Ostfront, no one would complain about class loadout and hitdetection and so on but you acted like a democrat politician who believes he has to satisfy everybody. Now tell me where are the masses of CoD and BF players playing RO2? Was it worth to lose a good percentage of veteran players in order to try your chances to improve the widespread of the game?

A really good thing indeed is the German singleplayer campaign (which got cut off its balls in the German version). If you simply had made it a full campaign like CoD with scripts and movie sequences, it really would have been a blast.

Upvote 0
(guys if you haven't noticed it's 2011, 21st century, and I'm running around with no limbs!)
It's 2012 actually... :D

A really good thing indeed is the German singleplayer campaign (which got cut off its balls in the German version). If you simply had made it a full campaign like CoD with scripts and movie sequences, it really would have been a blast.
Have to agree with this.

Upvote 0
it doesn t deserve it

it doesn t deserve it

you can t nominate a game who is still half working,it is a really a great game,graphics are amazing, maybe the best mutiplayer shooter game so far (for me anyway),but you still get too much frustrations from the game because ,the crashes and some mecanism of the game.so that why,still not a finished product.so that why it doesn t deserve to be nominate.they would have wait 6 months and finish it before the release.it would have won it no problem.:D

Upvote 0
See this link: [url]http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2011/PC[/URL]

Very sensibly (we think), IGN have Red Orchestra 2 nominated for Best Shooter and Best Multiplayer Game of 2011. Keep an eye on it and let us know what you think!

Win or lose, it makes sense. There was sufficient built-in substance from the start. Another thing people fail to recognize is that there were a number of ground breaking titles released last year with as many or more teething problems. I have no sense if RO2 will win, but I don't think that it's much of a stretch that it deserves the nomination.

I will also assert that RO2 is in the best position by far for longevity and forward expansion.

Reactions: [TW]redeye
Upvote 0