• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

No its not, many a great tank battle has been had with unlimited tanks. :IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:
It would be the battle for the spawn exit and the Allies wouldn't be able to leave spawn most of the time. Good RO1 tank maps become good RO2 infantry maps. We need maps at least the size of Gumrak in order to have a good tank only battle, otherwise one team would never be able to leave spawn. RO1 Arad already suffered that problem sometimes.

Upvote 0
It would be the battle for the spawn exit and the Allies wouldn't be able to leave spawn most of the time. Good RO1 tank maps become good RO2 infantry maps. We need maps at least the size of Gumrak in order to have a good tank only battle, otherwise one team would never be able to leave spawn. RO1 Arad already suffered that problem sometimes.

I can see your point about it turning into a spawn battle, but the Allied tanks are faster than the Axis and should be able to make faster progress to the cap zones, forcing the Axis to come out and defend/attack, coz if they don't, they lose.

Upvote 0

Get over your fear of tanks. The tankers can decide whether to be trapped in spawn or brawl their way out.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Get over your fear of tanks. The tankers can decide whether to be trapped in spawn or brawl their way out.
In RO1 Arad yes, but there the Allies have the mighty IS-2 and the ISU-122 in some versions. With the paper armor T-34/76 we got now, they don't stand a chance on frontal battles.

I love tanking, I really do, but it would be really imbalanced with 10 tanks per side in maps like Ogledow and Arad (In Ogledow at least the Allies can try to flank through the back of the hill, but in Arad they can't avoid exposing themselves and getting hit before getting a chance of firing. Bring Blackdayjuly to RO2 and there we can have a proper and awesome tank battle. Remember that tanks spawn as fast as infantry now and killing a tank only for it to spawn and return to the same place it was before 30 seconds later is not fun at all for me.

Upvote 0
In RO1 Arad yes, but there the Allies have the mighty IS-2 and the ISU-122 in some versions. With the paper armor T-34/76 we got now, they don't stand a chance on frontal battles.

I love tanking, I really do, but it would be really imbalanced with 10 tanks per side in maps like Ogledow and Arad (In Ogledow at least the Allies can try to flank through the back of the hill, but in Arad they can't avoid exposing themselves and getting hit before getting a chance of firing. Bring Blackdayjuly to RO2 and there we can have a proper and awesome tank battle. Remember that tanks spawn as fast as infantry now and killing a tank only for it to spawn and return to the same place it was before 30 seconds later is not fun at all for me.

Who says you have to fight a line battle? Use the speed and maneuverablity of the tanks to your advantage. Work in groups instead of singly. Be creative and go kill those panzers.

Upvote 0
Who says you have to fight a line battle? Use the speed and maneuverablity of the tanks to your advantage. Work in groups instead of singly. Be creative and go kill those panzers.
Go try that on pub servers :D

When equally skilled players face each other, the PIV wins almost all the time, and the T34 isn't that much faster than the PIV. How would a T34 be able to leave the spawn area in Arad when there's one PIV already aiming at the only exit? If there are lots of players, there could be a dozen PIV camping the spawn exit, and every time the allies would have to organize a simultaneous charge from their spawn to have the slightest chance of surviving, and everybody knows there's only one spawn exit in Arad that's very easy to cover.

Another problem is tanks respawning on less than 30 seconds, meaning that if you are camping a spawn exit the tanks you have just killed might show up again before you finish reloading. That's another thing that can be solved only by making larger maps with either making separate respawn timers for infantry and tanks (which I don't think is possible) or making tanks spawn a lot further from the action (at least I know that's possible, but would require large maps).

Upvote 0
Remove the first tank spawn for each team, and use the second tank spawns which are further back on the map and protected by trees,keep the first spawns for infantry only.
The Axis second spawn must also be given some protection from campers on the far left side of the map, who can at the moment shoot right into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calumhm
Upvote 0
Go try that on pub servers :D

When equally skilled players face each other, the PIV wins almost all the time, and the T34 isn't that much faster than the PIV. How would a T34 be able to leave the spawn area in Arad when there's one PIV already aiming at the only exit? If there are lots of players, there could be a dozen PIV camping the spawn exit, and every time the allies would have to organize a simultaneous charge from their spawn to have the slightest chance of surviving, and everybody knows there's only one spawn exit in Arad that's very easy to cover.

Another problem is tanks respawning on less than 30 seconds, meaning that if you are camping a spawn exit the tanks you have just killed might show up again before you finish reloading. That's another thing that can be solved only by making larger maps with either making separate respawn timers for infantry and tanks (which I don't think is possible) or making tanks spawn a lot further from the action (at least I know that's possible, but would require large maps).

What version of Arad has only one narrow exit for the Allies? There is no way for even your theoretical 12 German tanks to trap the Allies that way.

Upvote 0
Hi all... im posting my **** here :D,maybe someones interested...
Buildings/Made in modular... not everything UV mapped... nothing textured
Spoiler!

Tanks and vehicles(mainly UV mapped,expect BT7-tank part)
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
What version of Arad has only one narrow exit for the Allies? There is no way for even your theoretical 12 German tanks to trap the Allies that way.
I think all the versions, but that's their spawn when they hold South Field and South Village. If one of those is taken they spawn further back on a better position, but that's only when they are already losing. Even then, the battle is most of the time around the spawn exit, because the map is too small for large tank battles. The ideal maps for 32 vs 32 tank battles would be Blackdayjuly, Orel and maps like we see in the Jolly Rogers DH server, especially now that tanks respawn in less than 30 seconds.

Upvote 0