• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Event Horizon

Swift-Brutal-Death

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
As the title suggest I'm contemplating working on an Event Horizon map based off the movie. Just kind of brainstorming and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the idea. Kind of a tricky prospect due to the level of detail in the ship and where game play should take place within it.. Any input would be much appreciated : )

Also it might be kind of neat to work with someone who has experience making textures as I will have my hands full on construction and would love to have unique touches to really make it shine.

Reactions: Meatwadjenkins
There's a multiplayer map in Conker: Live and Reloaded that seems to be based on the movie. If you can get your mits on that it could help give you some ideas as to how you can reduce the movie's set's detail and still have it look good.

It's last generation xbox though. May still be interesting.

Whatever you do, you need the spinning generator thing in the room with the spikes! That's a very recognizable set piece.

Upvote 0
Nostromo of alien would also be cool. Or the sulaco. You can create a whole themed mappack of famous spacecraft hehe. (and we have the zeds to support it lol) :)

I have a doom 3 texture pack for you, and a atlantis static mesh and texturepack. Want me to post it here? (KF ready)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm interesting idea.

What dimension are you thinking of having the ship based? Hell or our dimension because I would do it either of 2 ways,

Hell, (atmospheric and would fit with the KF universe)

Just make the back end of the ship (this is the part that returned to hell)

Normal,

Break it into 2 maps, rear and front

For window textures you could use a scrolling texture to get the feel that you are in space and the stars are moving past you.

Good luck, sounds like it will be a nice map.

Upvote 0
I have a doom 3 texture pack for you, and a atlantis static mesh and texturepack. Want me to post it here? (KF ready)

Anything sci fi would be great and doom is the epitome of hell and space (imo)

Hmm interesting idea.

What dimension are you thinking of having the ship based? Hell or our dimension because I would do it either of 2 ways,

Hell, (atmospheric and would fit with the KF universe)

Just make the back end of the ship (this is the part that returned to hell)

Normal,

Break it into 2 maps, rear and front

For window textures you could use a scrolling texture to get the feel that you are in space and the stars are moving past you.

Good luck, sounds like it will be a nice map.

Creating this from the hell side seems like the most fun way to do it.

Thanks for the insight

Upvote 0
I found this really good Doom 3 Event Horizon map...

http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Doom-3-Event-Horizon-Map-Download-70396.html

Check it out. It may be a good reference for a KF version.

I didnt dl that map but I watched a short video on it, gotta say the mod itself looked pretty impressive. The level design and textures weren't all that great nor were they screaming Event Horizon for me but the mod looks like it has a good amount of immersion to it, esp. if you're a fan of the movie.

Upvote 0
Hm, I'd like to see how this map turns out, also that atlantis texture pack, what's it from exactly?

Unreal 2 , inside of the player's deployment ship.

Also @ Hemi. These map files are very outdated(Early versions of my Killing space maps.) to the current version however my main HD is still down so I can't give you the current versions. You might still find use for them though. Also just a note they use the UT2004 version of the atlantis pack[included in zip](I had not known about the kf version until much later)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rci8zp383sti4td

Upvote 0