• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hate the community! (Rage & Recruit thread)

Gee

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Yes it's another one of these threads.

I joined an empty HoE server on Manor, I started alone and got myself all the way to round 9 alone (Berserker w/ Katana & LAR rounds 1-6, Medic w/ Xbow + Dual HC rounds 7+), and someone joined mid round, I asked him what perk he'd be using, he replied "idk xD", I then went on to ask what levels his perks are, he said "idk 3 I thinK", he then exclaimed that he joined to get an easy HoE map achievement. Obviously I didn't want to go through round 10 with him as he's only level 3 and there for the achievment.
So I votekicked him but it requires 2 people, so I tried to get him to leave by kiting a clot around the map for about 10 minutes, fortunately someone else joined and assisted me in kicking him.
I then killed the clot and gave that guy all my money (

Last edited:

I joined an empty HoE server on Manor, I started alone and got myself all the way to round 9 alone (Berserker w/ Katana & LAR rounds 1-6, Medic w/ Xbow + Dual HC rounds 7+), and someone joined mid round, I asked him what perk he'd be using, he replied "idk xD", I then went on to ask what levels his perks are, he said "idk 3 I thinK", he then exclaimed that he joined to get an easy HoE map achievement. Obviously I didn't want to go through round 10 with him as he's only level 3 and there for the achievment.
So I votekicked him but it requires 2 people, so I tried to get him to leave by kiting a clot around the map for about 10 minutes, fortunately someone else joined and assisted me in kicking him.

Reactions: TheAzathoth
Upvote 0
Why does it bother you that someone else gets an achievement because of you? Do achievements mean that much? If I were you I'd just accept that playing with randoms doesn't lead to the smoothest games around and relax.

he doesnt rage because someone want the achiv, he rages because someone without experience enters his game just to increase the enemy spawns and just to die in a seconds leaving him with all the job

Upvote 0
Why does it bother you that someone else gets an achievement because of you? Do achievements mean that much? If I were you I'd just accept that playing with randoms doesn't lead to the smoothest games around and relax.

Pretty much what armando said.

I don't give a crap if he actually had a high level perk (able to spawn with a weapon and make GOOD use of the money I would have gave), then it's fair to join on round 9 and get the achievement (although I personally think Achievements should only be given if you are in the whole game).
But no, he joins with level 3 perks, has no intention of doing anything or even comprehending the amount of extra zeds he will spawn.

Upvote 0
Wait, so you're telling me that there are ambassadors of the entire KF community, and you met both of them in one game? Amazing.

If you think that there's no one else who does this kinda thing, you'd be wrong.

Another scenario:
HoE game on Foundry, I'm playing with a Sharpie friend of mine and we're top of the board with 400 kills each, holding down a great position with the whole team, there's another Sharpie who has been in the whole game with 50-60 kills, just camping behind us with a handcannon (not picking off Fleshpounds w/ Xbow before you ask) doing absolutely eff all. Each round he wasn't even getting 10 kills, yet he adds like an extra 50 or something to the spawn total? (I dont know the numbers).

Anyway I know ranting will achieve nothing but unfortunately all my friends only play Normal/Hard so I can't hit some HoE with them. So if anyone wants to play then add me: GeorgeGeee

Upvote 0

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
The game will instantly become way more fun when you accept the fact that there is a chance that your team might be bad and the odds are fairly high that you will wipe (especially on HoE). Just play the game to have fun, don't worry so much about achievements or necessarily winning each and every game. Just enjoy the experience; you win some you lose some.

It sucks when low-level players or people that powerlevled to 6 join games and mess them up, but that's part of the experience imo. Stuff happens, just enjoy the game for what it is and come into every game with a mindset of regardless of whether I win or lose I'm going to have fun.

For the record I pretty much always play with randoms. Sometimes 1-2 friends join along, but most games I play have at least 3-4 randoms in them.

Upvote 0
I play in pubs 99% of the time and i can honestly say KF's community is one of the best multiplayer community I've seen.

There are practically no greifers, no cheaters (bar a few glitchers) and not a lot of jerks. I've had lots of fun both with a pro players on six-man HoE and with newbies on normal.

If it where me in your place, i would have played that 10th wave with him. Most of the best OMG WTF moments i've experienced in the game came from poorly structured teams filled with low level players in high difficulties. Sometimes, a group of low levels are more fun to play with than 5 lvl6 players.

but that's just me

Upvote 0
i'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong to join a server your skill or level doesn't warrant to get an achievement = but i do know it happens.
I certainly won't deny that players who die early make your life more difficult - but i try to explain they should go spectator for the best chance to have the map finished, if that's thier sole intention - but if they wont so be it.
I see it as an increased challange - thou i accept when repeatedly trying to finish certain maps in long/hoe it's frustrating - best ot make steamfriends when you meet decent players.

IMo you can't let things like this bother you, it can put you off your game, and if you do then fail you just get more upset.
KF can be a very ragey game for coop - hard but it's best to let the small things (like how ppl chose to get their achievements) get to you.

Upvote 0
I don't understand: if you wanted to play alone, why you were playing on server? Start solo game: now network lags, stunned Scrake's head always in place and many other benefits...

I didn't want to play alone.

My thought process:

• All HoE servers are 6/6 or 0/6
  • Join an empty server making it show as 1/6 for others
  • Have others join me mid-game

Anyway maybe I shouldn't have used the generalisation of all players being like it, and yes the KF community is possibly one of the best game communities, but it's spoiled by completely stupid people who have no idea what the hell they are doing.

Upvote 0
I have to say, before the free weekend, the community was brilliant. The free weekend flooded the community with new, low level casual players. Now, I'm definitely not saying the KF community is screwed, but as time goes on, all these new players will become better and better (that's just my take on it).

New players are fine in hard and under, especially when they are kind and ask questions.

Sorry what were we talking about again?

Upvote 0