• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ogledow

I'm getting much better FPS on the mod maps then the stock RO2 maps...no hiccups & smooth as butter (high/ultra mix settings getting at least 60 fps)

Indeed, I have it at normally at around 40-60 fps, but on ogledow I have constant 90 which is max fps. Really makes me very happy, that means we can make gigantic maps such as Berlin and such in RO2.
Imo ogledow doesn't look like the TWI made ro2 maps , but neither as RO1. More like RO1.5 you could say, which looks good to me :D

Upvote 0
Whats weird is, i start lagging and FPS crashing at the maps menu I.E. where you pick your class/equipment. Gonna delete and re download. If its messed up at the menu , that i believe points to a corrupted file??? what do ya think?

I'm not sure. I think that a corrupted file would more likely cause your map to crash. The maps are distributed in zip archives. A zip archive has a build in CRC to check the validity of the files in the archive. If the CRC is broken, then the unzip tool would normally report to you that one of the files is corrupted. They might still corrupt of course when they are already extracted, but then i would expect the map to crash on you during map loading or during game play. I do not know if there is a validity check inside RO2 or UE3.

Upvote 0
Hey Six Ten,

Thanks for the very nice map and the communication on today's game (on "40-1" server).

Here are some stuff I've already told you in-game but I will repet them in case you forgot (some were mentioned earlier by some folks, I'll just put screenshots on those):

1. Flying grass

After you exit B (coming from german spawn) on the left, there's a small wall (or ruins). There you'll see some ... flying grass.

2. Undeployable windows in B

I just tried with anti-tank rifle but machine-gunners should have the same problem.

None of the upper floor windows in B are "deployable".

Windows overlooking russian spawn:

On the left german spawn, on the right the russian one:

3. Undeployable wall in A

Before entering A from the german spawn, on the right:

4. Deployable barrel (?)

Would be nice if you could deploy stuff on barrels :D

5. Grain fields should show movement

When infantry and even tanks cross those grain fields we should be able to see some movement. As a bonus the movement could increase/decrease if the player is proning or running. Eg: you prone, the grains "shake" a little, you run like crazy -> big movement.

I know you've told me about some coding issues on this one but would really be a nice feature if you could implemented it. As they are now (completely static) kinda sucks :)

6. Cap borders

Especially good for new player but also a nice feature for others would be if the (big) map and the mini-map would show cap borders like we have on the official maps.

7. Resupply crates from RO2

The current ones are, I think, imported from RO1. The ones we currently have in RO2 I think look much better.

8. Haystacks are ugly :D

Reactions: husbert
Upvote 0
six-ten, there's been complaints of german tanks being ably to park tank on the road to the right of the russian spawn and use the ai mg to mow down people spawning. i've seen this before, myself. seems now they're doing it in pairs with one tank keeping the at guys from being able to flank from the left. any ideas on how to stop this?

Yep. I'm thinking of sowing the field with antitank mines, or making the spawn protection extend all the way across the map North to South encompassing the spawn, or introducing a collision element to cause enemy tanks to just fall through the map at those locations XD

It is likely going to be a spawn protection that extends North and South, though not over the whole map, but like 50 or 100 meters out from the spawn.

I'm toying with the idea of setting a Trigger Volume in that area, so that any enemy tank entering triggers a physics mesh -- a giant anvil spawns 10m in the air and drops on the tank, Wile E. Coyote style.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep. I'm thinking of sowing the field with antitank mines, or making the spawn protection extend all the way across the map North to South encompassing the spawn, or introducing a collision element to cause enemy tanks to just fall through the map at those locations XD

It is likely going to be a spawn protection that extends North and South, though not over the whole map, but like 50 or 100 meters out from the spawn.

I'm toying with the idea of setting a Trigger Volume in that area, so that any enemy tank entering triggers a physics mesh -- a giant anvil spawns 10m in the air and drops on the tank, Wile E. Coyote style.

To be fair you must do something similar at the Axis spawn, at the moment their is nothing to stop an Allied tank driving into the Axis spawn from the Hill side. (Axis right)
You can't do it on the original map coz their is a minefield there.

ScreenShot00070.jpg

Shot00119-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that would be awesome! especially if we all get to watch it happen!

i'm kinda surprised that i only have seen the german sides using the exploit. i guess it's just a matter of time before the russians do it as well.

Upvote 0

No the the anvil... I mean it would be funny the first few times but for immersion and realism I would prefer a mine field... one for either side would be good.

When playing on a server with high realism then any of the features should also compliment this... the physics mesh etc wont be as good as the randomness of mines.

Upvote 0