• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
Has anyone guaranteed you those other things will be worked on as well? Also at what speed? Hooray, we might see feature xy in 7 month.

Edit: Seriously, twi advertised the game with certain features. They disappointed a lot of guys because they didn't fullfill the adverticed features with release and now they come and ask "guys, is that still important to you?".

correct

Reactions: Schreq
Upvote 0
What first? ...hmmm

1) Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

or

2) no unlocks/upgrades

Ahh that is damn hard to decide. I choose the first one, because sway/speed is much more important for me.

No unlocks/upgrades would be nice, too :rolleyes: (and than all the other stuff, later + no tank AI in a multiplayer battle)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously did it take 3 months to developers to realize what people want ? Do you need a "huge poll" so you are sure you are not mistaken and that is really what people want ?

Come on, the game was released early september, performance is now acceptable (but still needs work) but gameplay hasnt changed that much.

Alright you are working on stuff, and that's cool, but indeed, some people already pointed this out :

- Where is the goddamn SDK ? We need custom content NOW !
- How about Hit registration still broken ?

The community NEEDS a fix to hit reg and ping issues which include Latency Compensation also,

TWI needs to fix the foundation before they move on to the rest of these issues..

If Tripwire wants to listen to the community, listen to this ^^

im out...
plex

Upvote 0
ping-hit detection!

happy holidays TW guys! you deserve it for the GREAT work on kf and ro2

+ Rep

Thank you for realizing the main foundational problems with the game, so many people here on the forums are ignorant to the fact of how bad ping, latency compensation, and hit detection are.. its very sad :(

All modern games have Latency Compensation, without it.. we get games like RO2 where your chance to aim and hit a target is based on luck with little to no skill involved.

Hell I'd love to see new maps at all!

I think the upgrade thing is a gimmick, unnecessary. Really. But eh.

BUT, squads and hit detection is a priority right now imo.
+Rep to you ^^ Your right, squads are what formulate teamwork..

But again, we MUST fix the foundation first! (Ping, hit-detection, latency compensation)

Alright you are working on stuff, and that's cool, but indeed, some people already pointed this out :

- Where is the goddamn SDK ? We need custom content NOW !
- How about Hit registration still broken ?

Listen TWI! the people are speaking for change

plex

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because we can only vote on one option I selected Realism mode: More changes to gameplay (sway/speed/fatigue) because I think that this is very important for the general feel of the game.
The details (described below) are important as well, but the general feel should be nailed down first.

However, I would have voted on Realism mode: no unlocks/upgrades as well.
Though I have to say that I would not want this to exclude things like bayonets or drum mags! These things are supposed to be in.
I would like to see stuff like the MP40/II with the dual mag and stuff like that cut out, any of that questionable stuff.
Same with stuff like scopes for the G41, or at least these unlocks should be removeable so you wont be stuck with it once unlocked.

Next to that Improved features: bleeding/bandaging but also limb deactivation on damage, with priority on limb deactivation.
Bandaging is OK but simply way too fast, it should take time to bandage wounds and preferably longer when you received several wounds, or you should bandage multiple times for multiple wounds. Either way would be fine by me.
Right now you get hit in the leg and arm and you instantly bandage both under a single second, which is ridiculous.
Though I would think these would generally fall in the same as category as the realism mode with sway, speed and fatigue (or as you put it at the end: more realism)

In my opinion the more realism the better, at least for realism mode.
I could care less what you did with relaxed realism mode, that could stay as it is right now. I wont play that anyway.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
No options that address the crappy pings/lag spikes or stability issues aka "ROgame.exe has stopped working" ????!!!

FAIL.

#1 Fix the crashing. I quit playing this game for this reason alone. Stability issues should be first priority...but it seems theyve taken a backseat. It isnt fun when this game crashes every 2 hours in the middle of a epic round.
#2 Fix the lag & pings/hit detection
#3 Introduce new maps & SDK.

THEN you can worry about all the other crap.

Well said THunter,

They need to fix the CORE of the game before they move out to unimportant issues like the ones in the POLL.

Fix Foundation First:
netcode
ping
hit detection
latency compensation
^^^^
FIRST

..then, make changes to gameplay, etc..

But first the game needs to work right.. :(
I dont get it.. it seems like TWI's strategy is to add content and gameplay changes to a broken game?
How is this going to bring players back to the game?

Answer:
Its not going to... Unless they fix the foundation first.

Things not on the list -

Netcode/networking or whatever you would call it. Plus performance improvements for servers.
SDK for the modders and map makers...

I can't remember more right now, but I would prefer these worked on before any gameplay changes. Sorry, realism dudes.

Just listen to us TWI.. let us be heard!

...one of my jobs is to make sure that all the voices in the community are heard.
er..

plex

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We buy the game for multiplayer, not for useless coop e multi campaign, come on, be serious.

I'm sorry are you a little slow?

Co-op was an advertised feature that a lot of people were looking forward to.

The multiplayer campaign is all about multiplayer :rolleyes:

Come on, be serious....

Upvote 0
I'm sorry are you a little slow?

Co-op was an advertised feature that a lot of people were looking forward to.

The multiplayer campaign is all about multiplayer :rolleyes:

Come on, be serious....

Wouldnt you rather the games foundation be fixed first, before these other things are added?

for example:
Hit reg - So when you aim and shoot at a target you acctualy HIT it!
ping - So we dont get 250+ ping in a server thats only 200 miles away from you and lag like your playing in a server on the other side of the world?
Latency Compensation - So the target your shooting at is acctualy where that targets hit box is supposed to be!
netcode in general...

People we need to look at our priorities and decide whats most important to be fixed first, THEN move on to the FUN stuff!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know where the chat fits in but they should deffinatly work on that too. Different colours for teams in chat (russians red, germans blue), don't make chat disappear when something else pops up, etc.

Yes, this would be a VERY simple fix.. i think they should do this in the next patch!

I have suggested this in the past as well, it would make it easier to make out server text from user text and other unimportant text messages also.

+1 rep for good idea!
:)

Upvote 0
Can't believe you all voted for realism instead of improved squad system. it's like the majority of the community on these forums is actively campaigning to make the game worse and less playable.

Be assured that the votes for realism, those are the total amount of people in the entire world that would play that game mode. it's like they want to turn this game into a club for 200-300 people and drive everybody else out.

Upvote 0
Can't believe you all voted for realism instead of improved squad system. it's like the majority of the community on these forums is actively campaigning to make the game worse and less playable.

Be assured that the votes for realism, those are the total amount of people in the entire world that would play that game mode. it's like they want to turn this game into a club for 200-300 people and drive everybody else out.

Thats sums up most of my thoughts when i saw the POLL,

I voted for squad system myslef, as i know how important it is to improve on the promotion of using teamwork in this game and taking objectives as a TEAM.

unfortunately most players would rather not work as a team and experience the game as a team, they just like aimlessly running around COD style and trying to get kills, while completely ignoring the objectives and helping out the team.

meh.. :(

Reguardless the REAL issues that need to be fixed are:
- Ping issues, So we can play without feeling like were in a server in China
- Hit Reg/Hit Detection, So i can aim at someone standing still 10 feet away and actually hit them..
- Latency Compensation, So the targets hitboxes are where the server says they should be so i dont miss when i shoot at them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some people seems to have not read the OP at all or are just trolling.

I voted for the bleeding/bandaging but I think this should also be part of the realism option. they will get to it eventually. a nice xmas present for us would be if the guys at TWI helped the Ogledow guy fix his map for online play so we coud play a new map during the holidays.

Upvote 0

Thats why there are 2 modes. If Tripwire makes the realism mode a little more realistic then you can just stick to playing the arcade mode. I don't see the problem at all.

Upvote 0