• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, Tripwire, can we actually choose what we've unlocked?

And that would be bad why?

The Drum was standard issue at this time, it should be extremely common, the 35 rounder didn't really catch on till after Stalingrad.

There is a misconception that the 35 rounder had been around for a while, because people confuse it with the old PPD-34 magazines, which of course had been around since 1934 and looks very similar. But the PPD-34 mag's were not compatible with the PPSh-41, they could not be inserted in the gun.

The PPSh-41 box mags weren't designed till sometime in 1942, and then production lines had to be set up to make them, and finally they had to mass produce enough of them, and mag-pouches for them, before they could start issuing them. It's actually unlikely that they could have been in Stalingad in anything but small numbers by 1943, and there probably weren't any there in 1942.
You stop speaking facts on this forum RIGHT NOW mister! Totally unacceptable!

Upvote 0
Damn it! Why don't the most popular threads ever get the chance to be responded by a dev? Any words AT ALL would do just fine.

What's the point if this thread dies and then a week later another one starts with the same question...

It would be waste of time. They'd get quoted a few times and then the ramble would go on. Even if something got changed, people would find another thing to complain about and would proceed to complain until dev answers to complaint again and we're back to square one.

Upvote 0
+1

If this ever happens, bayonets would be better off as standard issue, attachable/detachable in real time, and the vast majority of unlocks would need to be balanced in a way that makes all loadouts relatively fair.

I realize a feature like this will probably be a ton of coding and testing, but it really needs to be done. There is just too much going on with proficiencies and upgrades for any of it to be truly balanced (except when everyone is max rank) or -in my case- enjoyable. Now, I don't have anything against unlock systems, but I really think this game would have been better off without it. There is no flexibility or freedom with this system; you defeat the purpose of having it when you force people to use specific gear.

There are few ways TW could go about redoing this feature.

1. Let players make and save their own loadouts in their profile so they can just use them when they hop in game.

2. Every time the player enters role selection they just go through the list of add-ons when picking their weapon etc. (I imagine this would be the easiest to implement)

3. A combination of 1 and 2. Let players make loadouts on the role selection screen and have it save the data to a file so that they don't have to do anything the next time they play if they don't want to (the file could probably be used to make loadouts out of game as well)

I'm sure there are plenty of people in the community who would be willing to help make this happen (I would), but right now I just want to see TW give a word or two on this particular matter. People have been making requests for a better loadout system since the beta and I think it should be addressed.

...if proper unlock management was on the Dec 14 poll, I would vote for it in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can you be sure if they haven't responded to any of these threads?
It's tripwire, they make polls so we can decide what they work on for the next patch and they've added new guns to killing floor, a game that's now more then 2 years old. They support their games over a very long term basis and they're the only developer I know of who follows community suggestions so closely.

Besides, this seems like a basic thing that was either forgotten or not implemented by release.

Upvote 0
So its technically imposible?

No, but it's unlikely to be added anytime soon I'm afraid:

1) Add a new key bind for "fix/remove bayonet"
2) Add code to weapon handling, to allow bayonet to be switched at will
2b) Decide whether reload/melee should interrupt bayonet fix/remove
3) Add animations so players can see this happening

Animations would be the biggest job I think. They may actually have been made already - maybe the bayonet was originally intended to be removable as with RO:Ost, but they changed their minds. Given the other things on the "priority list", I don't think this one will be done in a hurry.

Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0