• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reconsider the bootcamp level

Marine Rifleman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
I liked RO2's bootcamp phase. The one in MoHPA was pretty good too when it came to weapons firing.

Id love to see targets really out there for the US marksmanship training.

atleast to get to know the rifle's sights and elevation increments.
In the case of the 1903, the rear sight peep can be elevated up to 2 kilometers :D
images

USMC-C-Opening-16.gif

and if possible a rifle qualification system by classes, with 1st class Expert Rifleman being nearly unattainable.

I hope you're not suggesting that you are trying to shoot targets 2km away because it has a peep sight setting for that. It's like saying the sedan of your choice can push 260 km/h (~160mph) because the speedometer goes up that far ;)

Im suggesting some shots that were impossible for the K98 in RO2
Atleast 300m

Im also hoping there could be a set of achievements, atleast 4-5 just for rifle marksmanship. How well you scored during bootcamp rifle qualification (like in America's Army)

The Springfield should have better zoom than any bolt rifle in RO2 and be placed under the Elite Rifleman category in some scenarions.

I think it'd be interesting to have super zoom on a iron sighted rifle. It should promote taking better shots rather than just firing away.

Upvote 0
I liked RO2's bootcamp phase. The one in MoHPA was pretty good too when it came to weapons firing.

Id love to see targets really out there for the US marksmanship training.

atleast to get to know the rifle's sights and elevation increments.
In the case of the 1903, the rear sight peep can be elevated up to 2 kilometers :D
images

USMC-C-Opening-16.gif

and if possible a rifle qualification system by classes, with 1st class Expert Rifleman being nearly unattainable.

If you think thar's overdone, consider the fact that every Arisaka came with it's own anti-aircraft sights

Spoiler!

Spoiler as I don't know how to resize using HTML
File:ArisakaSightsOpen.jpg

Upvote 0
What....What the.....????

This has been done in other games succesfully. Better zoom would be a treat for those who like the rifleman class better and have the option of sniping from medium range also the ability to fix bayonets.

US Marine rifle marksmanship of WW1 outranged the sniper fire of many Germans at Bellau Wood.

Its a good incentive

Upvote 0