• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

my god i have seen a real is2 and more..

I am on vacation in valkenburg / holland.
About 1 hour driving brings me to the warmuseum at overloon.

At the entrance stands a real IS2. When i get in the huge buildings i see 2xT34, a panther, 3 russians halvetracks (ROost), a stug, many shermans and many, many other tanks and vehicels. Too much to name it. Even tanks from this time fe, a dutch leopard.

Because i am using a iphone now, its impossible to upload them.

You have to wait about a week.

It is a day of my life.

You should come check out the Royal Army Museum in Brussels.

Some nice tanks there too. But I think it's only accessible during the summer.

No IS2 but they have an IS3.

03.jpg

The museum only has about 30 tanks on show through the year but they rotate almost every year with one of the over 250 different tanks they've stocked at the Fort Kapellen tank depot.

I can't find a list of the collection online but I saw the depot once and it was immense with some rare tank history gems.

In the depot is also a wide variety of pretty much every Soviet & main Western tank from 1945-end of the Cold War

Here's a nice pic of their ISU152 I found:

5313040820232029.jpg

And if you want to see your share of King Tigers & Panthers, just head over to the Ardennes. :)
Pretty much every town (Malmedy, etc.) that was at the center of one of the battles there has quite a few tanks preserved on their town squares.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And there is also a type xxl to visit.

The type XXI sub is in Bremerhaven in north western Germany http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Bauer_(U-boat)

Visited it a few years back - it's really cool.

On the same trip (but obviously, other day), I've visited the Panzermuseum in Munster, which someone already had mentioned in previous comments. They don't have an IS-2, but who needs that if you can see a King Tiger? :p

Upvote 0
I am on vacation in valkenburg / holland.
About 1 hour driving brings me to the warmuseum at overloon.

At the entrance stands a real IS2. When i get in the huge buildings i see 2xT34, a panther, 3 russians halvetracks (ROost), a stug, many shermans and many, many other tanks and vehicels. Too much to name it. Even tanks from this time fe, a dutch leopard.

Because i am using a iphone now, its impossible to upload them.

You have to wait about a week.

It is a day of my life.
Dude please tell me you saw the Panther G, cromwell and EPIC CHURCHILL MKV

Upvote 0