• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add more realistic wounding in realistic mode.

Add more realistic wounding in realistic mode.

• Yes

Votes: 108 99.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

undead10000

Sep 2, 2011
I like RO2 realistic mode and good thing is you can kill with single bullet makeing it more enjoyable to play when you don't have spray half of magazine to able to kill one enemy.

But it's not enough to me any more i want it more realistic.
I hate when you get hitted legs or hands it never makes different and make it bit non realistic some time.

So it would belot better if you get hitted leg you cant's run same speed and running spend more stamina then you not got hitted to leg and you get hitted both legs you have to crawl to move.

When you got hitted to one arm your accuracy drops like 60-80% then you not got hitted to leg and when you got hitted both arms you can't use iron sights, then you have to use hip-fireing.

This would make RO2 even more realistic in realistic mode.

This has been suggested before. The important thing is that all effects should be temporary (+- 30 secs or so).

I disagree with this. If you're shot in the leg...that's you done. Slow movement (limping) and the only way you don't 'bleed out' if you bandage.
People don't magically in 30 seconds.

The above may only be attributed to a future 'Hardcore' mode...

Upvote 0
We could have bandaging (i.e. medical care) being done in first aid centres, that might be where ammunition boxes are now. So a player would be out of actions for a minute or two if he is wounded.

But most important thing is that a wound should have an incapacitating effect lasting at least 3-5 seconds (according to the energy of the bullet) , so that a player, if he is hit, cannot shoot back and later bandage!

Maraz

Upvote 0
it should be considered that a lot of soldiers were on amphetamines or other substances during battles. i've seen a documentary where a landser claimed his right hand got severely wounded and he continued bolting like a madman.
drugs and adrenaline can work wonders in dire situations! :eek:

i agree with lowered speed after being shot in the leg (no sprinting perhaps)
and improved sway after being hit in the arm/hand. that would be great.

i don't know about the duration of these effects though. making it permanent could easily lead to suicidal gameplay, too short would make no difference at all. one minute or something like that should be a good balance.

Upvote 0
Simple changes will make the world of difference...
- Base Bleedout timings on worst location hit: Body-30 seconds; leg-45 seconds; arms-60 seconds.
- Adjust the comedy ninja bandages: takes 10 seconds to apply.
- Whilst Bleeding Out your Stamina does not regenerate (also covers off the need for Leg wound speed penalties).
- Wounds to Arms increase Sway and ADS time by 200%.

Upvote 0
Krobar has an idea... what if to compensate for that "suiciding because of ineffectiveness" thing respawn times after suicides are twice or even three times as long and suicides not only take team points, but kill points as well.

Good idea, but even with that, permanent wounds would lead to suicides. So no permanent wounds pls.

Reactions: Icey_Pain
Upvote 0
Permanent disables won't have any real effect on gameplay when trivial respawns are also around. Being killed isn't a huge penalty, so there's no point to making being wounded worse than being killed. Penalizing suicides isn't a solution, as you're only penalizing people who can't manage to suicide by enemy fire.

Forcing a bandage is an effective short-term penalty, as the amount of people killed while bandaging attests to, but I'd like to see an immediate effect as well. A significant amount of random view kick would help smooth out the weirdness of being able to continue lining up a shot unaffected while you're getting hit. It's strange that a near miss affects your aim more than an actual direct hit.

Upvote 0