• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vote/Rep system

Vote/Rep system

• Negative votes should not effect rep

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Leave as is

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Remove Rep system completely

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Change system so votes up or down are no longer anonymous

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

the 1st wasted

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
Europe
Many have talked about the Rep system and it's problems.
Many do not care one way or the other, but I feel that some of the new members may be turned off by it causing them to leave, and or, refrain from posting their ideas or comments because of it.

I see a lot of new members with less than 20 posts, but with one or two red rep dots.

So, should TWI change the Rep/vote system?

Thank you for your votes and comments.

Last edited:
If people actually care about what random internet strangers think of their posts...

As I said, some do not. I also said that it may be effecting new members in a negative way. Some new person joins the forum, posts what he, or she thinks is a good idea, and then recieves massive amounts of down votes and no replies. this person now has a red rep dot, and it says "can only hope to improve", or something along those lines.

What a great "Hi welcome to the forums".

I also pointed out that there are a lot of posts of people questionng the system, and complaining about mass down voting.

This forum consists of a small handfull of active members, go take a look in the STEAM KF forum, the amout of active members there is waaaaay more than here, and there are reasons for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
th1 wasted is just suggesting this to only have something to do... he really votes "Leave as is"

I voted that - should not effect rep. IMO it's a popularity and troll system.

I like "member X" so I am goint to vote + on everything he says, or, I don't like "X", so I am going to - everything he says, regardless of what it says.

It also allows people to negativly effect the post without having to offer criticism, constructive or otherwise. IOW, someone gets butthurt because the suggestion will effect them, so instead of adding to the conversation, they simply click dislike and move on to the next thread.

Iif it were totaly removed, that would be ok too.

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r
Upvote 0
Just a question, but how is this related to Killing Floor?

For a second there i thought you were suggesting some kind of rep system be implemented for KF.

It's more for the entire forum, but as the only TWI game I play is KF, I feel that this is the right place for it.

Your post is a perfect example. You made a valid statment/asked a valid question, and someone down voted you without providing a reason why.

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r
Upvote 0
This forum consists of a small handfull of active members, go take a look in the STEAM KF forum, the amout of active members there is waaaaay more than here, and there are reasons for it.

Well, it doesn't help that the forums link on the store page links directly there instead of these forums. Between that and my already subterranean opinion of the steam forums, I feel like that's a half-decent explanation as to their higher population.

Upvote 0
Well, it doesn't help that the forums link on the store page links directly there instead of these forums. Between that and my already subterranean opinion of the steam forums, I feel like that's a half-decent explanation as to their higher population.

Thing I see, and it has been mentioned here and in the STEAM forums is certain (senior) members acting like their opinion is above everyone elses.

Not talking about you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r and Spicy
Upvote 0
Thing I see, and it has been mentioned here and in the STEAM forums is certain (senior) members acting like their opinion is above everyone elses.

Not talking about you.

Oh, don't worry about that. You're right that the sort of "old guard" mentality creeps up no matter where you are. Music, gaming or anything else. "Well, I've played this game since blah blah blah" "I've been a fan of this band since..." "I started reading this magazine back when it was good..."

It all boils down to their "experience" and how that makes them godly in knowledge. Like a certain server admin that everyone always rips on. XD

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
I don't care about your post count or fancy stars, have a reasonable argument.

You're dumb and pathetic if you judge with numbers, just like how people only bother to look on the rated numbers on game reviews.

I do not care about reputation because people tend to vote down because you have a different opinion, and people refuse to grow up and just accept that it's their mind and that they cannot change their mindset.

It's like saying to fans of Justin Bieber he's a terrible musician, they don't change their mind, so just don't bother hating on people that have a different opinion, just don't bother, you can't change it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally, the vote rep system doesn't bother me. Main reason I'm not gonna post here is because I have to wait for a Moderator to okay my posts at random. I've tried to point something out in the whitelisted map download thread twice, and both times, it says it's pending moderator approval. I hate wasting my time.

Edit: And yet, this one goes through just fine.

Upvote 0