• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

7th cav had some great games

Mickg

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Hi guys i played again on the 7th cav server, i had some fantastic rounds last night i like it how the commanders tell the guys where to go next what objectives to take and give you a time countdown it's not all about how many kills you can get but how many guys you can get in the cap zone before the countdown ends. (mickguirey) user name

Loved it.

question: can you run and hip shoot at the same time ? i see it a lot in the games iv'e played just wondering is it actualy in the game or a mod.

That server has a lot of communication. I think Yurizzle post in the forums. Its a shame they changed to 50 players, but i think is better, because there were some lags. Its really great to play there, i just hope that the server dont get off again.

Also, the 2fcg server is good too.

Upvote 0
I wish the =7th Cav= would go back to 64 man server.

No, the server is much better at 50. My ping would increase by 100+ ms between 50 and 64 man because the server just couldn't handle it. A lot of 64 man servers have this problem. Maybe with some testing they could raise it a few (like 54), but at some point between 50 and 64 players everyone starts to get drastic latency increases.

Upvote 0
No, the server is much better at 50. My ping would increase by 100+ ms between 50 and 64 man because the server just couldn't handle it. A lot of 64 man servers have this problem. Maybe with some testing they could raise it a few (like 54), but at some point between 50 and 64 players everyone starts to get drastic latency increases.

Ya, i'm pretty sure that's why they did it
cya on the battlefield!

- =7Cav=Sgt.Reed.T

Upvote 0
I think the server is at Chicaco. I talk to the server admin and 7cav guys and so far the server took 2 hits. Removal of Tanks (and Fallen Fighters from map rotation for some reason:confused:) and going to 50 man from 64 man because alot of players complained about server lag. I run an AMD/ATI setup at 30-60 fps in game and even with 200+ ping it doesnt seem to bother me much. Like...it's still doable for me for some reason and I mean yeah I lag just like the guy next to me, especialy when I see an enemy up close I get a lag spike resulting in my death and "speed hack detected" message has been really present there lately but I think untill the netcode is taken care of it will stay 50 man but I think they are putting Fallen Fighters back into the rotation soon.

A few regulars went to 2fg just because it went from 50 man to 64 which is kind of understandable because I would rather have a 64 man aswell. Been on both servers (mainly 7th cav) and I can say with confidence that both servers have Team Leaders and Infantry voip leading on both sides and players do listen. Some wins/loses are unacceptable which is to happen but you will win through eather pure lockdown or some really close intense matches and you will lose ever harder. So if you want good pubs these are too are definately it.

I am more worried about next week because I also pre-ordered....things ;/

Upvote 0
I think the server is at Chicaco. I talk to the server admin and 7cav guys and so far the server took 2 hits. Removal of Tanks (and Fallen Fighters from map rotation for some reason:confused:) and going to 50 man from 64 man because alot of players complained about server lag. I run an AMD/ATI setup at 30-60 fps in game and even with 200+ ping it doesnt seem to bother me much. Like...it's still doable for me for some reason and I mean yeah I lag just like the guy next to me, especialy when I see an enemy up close I get a lag spike resulting in my death and "speed hack detected" message has been really present there lately but I think untill the netcode is taken care of it will stay 50 man but I think they are putting Fallen Fighters back into the rotation soon.

A few regulars went to 2fg just because it went from 50 man to 64 which is kind of understandable because I would rather have a 64 man aswell. Been on both servers (mainly 7th cav) and I can say with confidence that both servers have Team Leaders and Infantry voip leading on both sides and players do listen. Some wins/loses are unacceptable which is to happen but you will win through eather pure lockdown or some really close intense matches and you will lose ever harder. So if you want good pubs these are too are definately it.

I am more worried about next week because I also pre-ordered....things ;/

Server is located in the North East USA

Upvote 0
I used to play on their server all the time with the Beta and before the FPS lag hit. After the game release any 64 player severs such as 7th cav's became unplayable. They had a 2nd server for a short time with smaller player amount that wasn't bad lag wise but guess they didn't keep it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I used to play on their server all the time with the Beta and before the FPS lag hit. After the game release any 64 player severs such as 7th cav's became unplayable. They had a 2nd server for a short time with smaller player amount that wasn't bad lag wise but guess they didn't keep it.

Our Server is at 50 people now.

- =7Cav=Sgt.Reed

Upvote 0
Thank You!

Thank You!

I appreciate the comments and the fact that you all seem to enjoy our server. We have always aimed for a tactical environment to play in and I am glad to hear that many of you appreciate it. There are a few things we offer as a clan that makes all of this possible.

1. We are a military realism unit that trains to accomplish this task. Many of our members are currently active in the military and many others have military experience. For instance, I am retired from the U.S. Army where I was an infantry soldier with the 101st Airborne Division with training and multiple deployments to the Middle East. What this brings to the table is people with real world experience in military training, tactics and doctrine.

2. Members are placed in sections where they practice each week to work as a tactical team through communication, coordination, and the like.

3. We take our game play seriously and enjoy working with and playing with like minded people. I love playing on a server where not just the clan members communicate but the public players as well, it really brings a tactical realism style to the community.

4. We always endeavor to improve what we are doing and adapt to changes. The server was dropped to 50 players to try and take care of the lag issue that was effecting game play for everyone. As the coding issue (that has been mentioned and acknowledged by the TWI Dev team) is fixed the server will go back to 64.

5. We still have 2 servers, but the second is a private training server available to clan members to practice their skills as well as for competitions and scrims.

We have been in the gaming community for 9 years now and with 450 active members spread across RO2, ARMA2, BF3, COD4, and COD5, we have learned well how to best manage things so they are more equitable to all involved. Any of you who are interested in learning more about the 7th cavalry join me anytime in our TS3 server and I will gladly answer any question you may have. Hit me up via the steam community as well (OIF_VET101) and I will field any questions as well. We are always recruiting like minded gamers for our clan and look forward to playing with you all in our servers.

www.7thcavalry.us

Reactions: pepihoh
Upvote 0
I support 7th cav, it is one of the best servers that are usually populated and one of the only ones with a decent amount of people that use voip.

Some of the realism settings though like the playernames not showing arent helpful imo.
Still it is one of my top 3 servers for sure.

TO all those that like organized play and voip, also have a look at our server called:
tacticalgamer.com

We don't have the server population like 7th cav has atm, as a big part of our community is hooked on bf3 at least now. We can always use some help on that front..

We are trying to get quality teamwork going every time we play. Here are some of the principles.

*Use voip (normally this would be mandatory on TG servers, but here we are lenient bc of the state of the game atm.
*Mandatory to obey chain of command.
-If you go co, and someone doesn't follow your (reasonable) orders, our admins will kick em for you.
-If you are SL and you want some VOIP user in your squad to take a certain kit that someone who isn't following orders won't give up, our admins will kick them for you
*General mature language and behaviour
*Sportsmanship, a good fight > an easy victory using exploits.
*No exploitative tactics of any kind, including a ban on any sort of spawnraping

We aren't there yet, we need some help from TWI, as the line in my sig says. But we have gotten some great games at times with organization I haven't seen elsewhere. Give it a try sometime, and try to join a squad led by a TG member to get a taste of what we are about.

Cheers

PS I hope I didn't piss off the 7th cav guys by posting this here for our server. I hope the community is big enough figuratively speaking. I often SL on thier server too using voip and contributing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0