• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this a joke?

What else can I provide than the issue and hardware?

The game stutters whenever I turn, or move.

The game freezes for a split-second whenever I fire a weapon.

The sound is crackling up in the background.

The framerate is low.

This happens across two entirely different rigs, one which narrowly passes recommended and one which destroys them.

My old specs were:

ATI HD4890 1GB
C2D E8500 @3,16GHz
Vista 64-bit

My new specs are:

GTX 570
Intel i5 2500k @3,3GHz (gonna OC later and see if it helps)
Windows 7 64-bit

Might as well add: Had no problems with other games on any of the rigs. My new one tears through both Battlefield 3 and The Witcher 2 on max. I know they use different engines than RO2, but they're supposedly a lot more demanding (or at least so I thought.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is completely useless to try to trouble shoot the problems, this game is severely broken, it run crappy for tons of peoples including me.

There is a problem in the game engine that is sound related. And i really hope TWI did not abandon the game cause we have not heard any news from them for a while, and i am slowly losing patience.

The real performance and stutter problems are not fixed, they handled the deluxe beta the worst possible way, this game should have been in open beta since june to make sure the bugs and problems get fixed but no, TWI got scare to show a broken software as a beta to reduce the potential sells, instead they waited for peoples to buy the tittle to make sure they atleasts got some money.

The more they wait the more the servers get empty and peoples move on to a different game, its really a shame i had so much faith in TWI.

I play with tons of experienced gamers and all of them get stutter issue in different location especially some buildings, there is stuttering in the sound most of the time. The frame rate is not constant at all it get huge spike out of no where for no reason, you might be looking at a wall you get 70fps, then suddently for a couple of second you drop to 45fps then it spike back up, really annoying. And all that is despite using ultra or low graphics.

Now i know some peoples will come here and say it run perfectly smooth and everything fine and the error is user related.
1- What do you consider smooth 40fps?
2- Because you dont have problems does not mean its fine, you are a minority and enjoy playing the game with no real problems.

Upvote 0
Ok, what are you using for sound and which drivers? Which drivers are installed for your gfx card? What ingame gfx settings are you using?

Have you anti virus software installed, and which is it? How many processes do you see in task manager before you start to play?

The ability to run other games is neither here nor there I'm afraid.

I'm using my the on-board soundcard of my C45 mobo for the audio. Don't tell me I need a cutting edge soundcard because no game requires something like that. All drivers are the latest, including chipset. I've tried in-game settings medium to ultra, framerate doesn't differ much and the stutter persists.

I do not use antivirus software as common sense usually suffices, I have about 40 processes running when idle. This is a fresh install as I got the computer yesterday.

I mentioned above that all other games run perfectly. I get the same performance on ultra in BF2 with HBAO and 4x MSAA enabled as I do in Red Orchestra 2. Something is wrong, and it's not on my end. When two computers with vastly different hardware suffer from an isolated problem in the same game you can easily deduce the problem.

Reactions: [TW]redeye
Upvote 0
I'm using my the on-board soundcard of my C45 mobo for the audio. Don't tell me I need a cutting edge soundcard because no game requires something like that. All drivers are the latest, including chipset. I've tried in-game settings medium to ultra, framerate doesn't differ much and the stutter persists.

I do not use antivirus software as common sense usually suffices, I have about 40 processes running when idle. This is a fresh install as I got the computer yesterday.

I mentioned above that all other games run perfectly. I get the same performance on ultra in BF2 with HBAO and 4x MSAA enabled as I do in Red Orchestra 2. Something is wrong, and it's not on my end. When two computers with vastly different hardware suffer from an isolated problem in the same game you can easily deduce the problem.

It's obviously too much like hard work for you to be clear about what you are using for sound, which drivers and which drivers for your gfx? Maybe you think someone else should run and check which are the latest drivers? You don't even say what the onboard audio is...

Why should anyone else be bothered to help you when you are not interested in helping yourself?

I was perfectly willing to help you but not with that attitude. I'm glad you have it figured out, I won't waste anymore of your time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's obviously too much like hard work for you to be clear about what you are using for sound, which drivers and which drivers for your gfx? Maybe you think someone else should run and check which are the latest drivers? You don't even say what the onboard audio is...

Why should anyone else be bothered to help you when you are not interested in helping yourself?

I was perfectly willing to help you but not with that attitude. I'm glad you have it figured out, I won't waste anymore of your time :rolleyes:

Do you suffer from reading impairment? I have an i5 2500k, which is the P67 socket, and I mentioned in my previous post that I have a C45 mobo. That is a P67A-C45. The onboard sound is Realtek ALC889A, driver 6.0.1.6438. My graphics card driver is 285.62.

Upvote 0

I've seen you help and give advice in other threads. Sometimes people just want to vent their frustration and it looks like you got caught in the middle. I came in here too to see if there was anything I could add, but it appears there isn't.

Comrade, I hope you are able to resolve your issues and everything eventually runs smooth for you.

Upvote 0
I've seen you help and give advice in other threads. Sometimes people just want to vent their frustration and it looks like you got caught in the middle. I came in here too to see if there was anything I could add, but it appears there isn't.

Comrade, I hope you are able to resolve your issues and everything eventually runs smooth for you.

I'm used to it, the internet is always amusing.

People that expect others to go out of their way to deduce chipsets, check latest driver releases e.t.c are just hilarious :)

Then those that reply with, " Don't you read, you could've figured it out from the limited info I gave you " absolutely take the cake.

I wonder what makes them think others have nothing better to do than run around after them? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Perhaps I could've been nicer, but you were pretty provoking as well.

It's difficult not to get frustrated when you build a new rig and receive no performance increase with all the problems still there.

I provoked you by asking for specs, so I could attempt to help? If you mean replying " in kind " to your first rant then yes I did, but you deserved it :)

Look, there is an ongoing issue with punkbuster and some realtek audio chipset drivers ( unrelated to RO2, it's been happening for a long time ). Just humour me and try playing in a non punkbuster server and just see if there is any difference.

Also make sure to join a non pb server with 40 players or less because 90% of servers with more players are hopelessly under specced and will lag all over the place.

Another thing to try is the following....

Locate your ROEngine.ini ( C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config ) and find the section on Texture Streaming..

[TextureStreaming]
PoolSize=

And set the PoolSize to half your gfx card memory, save and try the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couldn't find any servers with 40 people at this time that didn't have 200+ ping, but I found a non-pb server with 62 and applied the tweak you suggested. Possibly a little bit better. However the framerate still plummets and stutters whenever I fire an automatic weapon, artillery is in the area (I don't need to look at it) or I am being fired at.

Upvote 0
Couldn't find any servers with 40 people at this time that didn't have 200+ ping, but I found a non-pb server with 62 and applied the tweak you suggested. Possibly a little bit better. However the framerate still plummets and stutters whenever I fire an automatic weapon, artillery is in the area (I don't need to look at it) or I am being fired at.

How much RAM? Make sure shadows are not ultra, change from MSAA to FSAA.... I'm thinking ....

Basically I had all kinds of issues until I disabled my onboard Realtek alc1200 audio and bought an Asus D2X, at which point the game behaved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How much RAM? Make sure shadows are not ultra, change from MSAA to FSAA.... I'm thinking ....

Basically I had all kinds of issues until I disabled my onboard Realtek alc1200 audio and bought an Asus D2X, at which point the game behaved.

8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM. Shadow quality has a very little impact on the performance. Same stutter on low as it is on ultra. I've tried the different AA levels as well. Are there known issues with realtek audio?

Upvote 0