• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question for those around here who don't like/play RO2

SCandChives

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2011
New Zealand
Just wondering, is the reason that so many people who are unhappy with the game are still hanging around because RO2 is the closest modern game to what they're looking for and they're waiting to see if it changes into what they're looking for?

I'm trying to understand your guys side of the story as I'm really enjoying the game, and I think a little understanding between everyone would go a long way to helping everyone here.

So please explain, if you don't like the game why are you still hanging around the forums? (Serious question)

I payed them?

Anyway, a good comparison is actually comparing it to Duke Nukem Forever. Very hyped, lots of history, great potential... but ultimately a huge fail because of the modern nanny features that have been put in.

You're opinion on how it's a great game pretty much falls down the drain when 80% of the original players have given up on it ;) (source: steamgraphs)

Upvote 0
You're opinion on how it's a great game pretty much falls down the drain when 80% of the original players have given up on it ;) (source: steamgraphs)
Was that meant to make sense? My opinion is exactly that, my opinion, something that can't be wrong. Regardless of how many people have left I still think it's a good game, and no matter how much of the player base leaves I still like it.
Also notice how after every major patch the player count rises dramatically and then starts going down again? If one day we get a patch with the right stuff it might stay higher, which is the point of this thread, to see if thats what people are waiting for or if it's something else. All those people around here are surely here for a reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wondering, is the reason that so many people who are unhappy with the game are still hanging around because RO2 is the closest modern game to what they're looking for and they're waiting to see if it changes into what they're looking for?

I'm trying to understand your guys side of the story as I'm really enjoying the game, and I think a little understanding between everyone would go a long way to helping everyone here.

So please explain, if you don't like the game why are you still hanging around the forums? (Serious question)

Because I bought the game. Because there is a chance that the game gets fixed either by TWI or (most likely) by modders. I bought the game so I will complain about anything that I consider as wrong with it. That's the point of this board - especially in the Ideas & Suggestions subforums. If RO2 fades away into another generic crap shooter the whole point of RO fades away into nothing. Since RO is the only game of It's kind, which I tend to love, why would I leave?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I absolutely, 100% stop playing RO2, I'll probably stop posting...Until the next TWI game or something. That said, I think expecting only people who actively play the game to post is a bit unrealistic, I still lurk and (occasionally) post in forums for communities I have long ceased being active in.

---

Upvote 0
When I absolutely, 100% stop playing RO2, I'll probably stop posting...Until the next TWI game or something. That said, I think expecting only people who actively play the game to post is a bit unrealistic, I still lurk and (occasionally) post in forums for communities I have long ceased being active in.

---
Oh no that's not my expectation at all, if anything people who actively play are less likely to post, hell the only reason I'm here is because I (mostly) like the community. BTW why is your rep so low? You seem fine to me.

Upvote 0
I'm sticking on the forums cause I hope that devs will one day hear our cry and decide to turn that game into something serious again. I don't care for new maps, vehicles or stuff, I want the gameplay to be tweaked. As for now I'm looking into Arma2 and playing some online coop, atleast there I can get some realism.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I enter into a server and after 30 min i quit. Thats because the RAMBO style kills made me angry. Rambo style (i call it) is when a enemy comes run into you (even when axis runs with the weapon in one hand only) and in less than 1 second he stops, aims, and kill you. Or when a enemy MG (usually the axis) assault a building shooting from the hip, and aim evrything.

This day I encounter and enemy who is running, then in a second he jump down to the prone position, aim, and kill me.:mad:

Maybe the RO1 was a little bit slow aiming, but is better that than this exploit that people are doing.

So that one reason i stop playing, i enter time to time but that things is very dissapointing.

Upvote 0
I sometimes visit this part of the forum just because I've been a member for so long, I mostly go to the podium.

The problem with RO2 for me is lockdown, I can't handle such timepressure apparently but it seems it's my problem, i did tests, puzzles with and without timer, and it seems I did worse on timed puzzles. And since I only like the territory mode the game has pretty much nothing to offer me besides alot of stress.

Upvote 0
Even though I am still playing the game I am generally struggling to find balance in it.
On all the Territory Realism servers I am able to get good pings on (TDP, Brothers) the gameplay is seldom balanced - one side is always rolling the other over. It makes for some frustrating gameplay that I am finding less and less fun, and less appealing.

Reactions: Grumms
Upvote 0
I'm sticking on the forums cause I hope that devs will one day hear our cry and decide to turn that game into something serious again. I don't care for new maps, vehicles or stuff, I want the gameplay to be tweaked. As for now I'm looking into Arma2 and playing some online coop, atleast there I can get some realism.

That's the way I feel aswell. There is no point for me to play on new maps if I don't enjoy the gameplay. As a matter of fact I don't see much wrong with the maps right now. I think must of them are great. If TWI want RO2 to become like it is now there is no point to play it for me. The reason loved and still love RO ost was because it was diffrent.

Upvote 0
I bought the game expecting to have a proper RO1 sequel. What I ended up getting was a game with 0 teamwork, tiny maps, no intense gun battles because now every gun can hit any target at any range first try, terrible laggy servers no matter the location, hard to find servers with my play settings.

I played RO1 over other games for a specific set of reasons. Those reasons I played RO1 and now no longer present in RO2, as such, I have moved on to my beloved Battlefield series that I play for a different set of reasons.

The thing TWI forgot, is that they will never be able to compete with BF, or COD on their home fields, so why did they try and make their game more like BF and COD - we liked RO1 because it was different.

Obviously my opinions and thoughts are shared by many, as there has been a huge decline in players since BF3 came out... (http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=q35450&jstime=1&from=1315861200000&to=)

Oh, and I also forgot, I actually expect a game to be finished when I buy it, and don't rely or modders to make the game I wanted to play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i paid for the game, and really want to enjoy it, but it was kind of a let down. I still stick around because im hoping that maybe with a couple more patches and when the community starts making their own maps, things might be better. I only play it every now and then, but im just not that into it. In Ro1 i would play for at least an hour straight sometimes, and then switch to Darkest Hour, and play for another hour. Here though, i play for like 25 or 30 minutes and then just stop for 2 or 3 days...

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0