• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Total Biscuit on Unlocks.

Unlocks are good.

It gives more meaning to multiplayer.

If you play single player get more of a sense of accomplishment when you defeat the game.

With Multiplayer there is no sense of accomplishment becasue you cant finish the multi player game..there is no point in it where you can say you have beaten the game.

Atleast with un-locks it gives you some level of accomplishment.

I can see where in certain situations it can be ****ty...but generally it is good.

Upvote 0
Jump to 5.20.
No, I actually meant it. I listened to the whole thing and was going, "Right on!"

With Multiplayer there is no sense of accomplishment becasue you cant finish the multi player game..there is no point in it where you can say you have beaten the game.

And here I thought that playing a hard-fought battle was where we got our fun and sense of accomplishment from!

I don't feel rewarded when I get an unlock in any game. It feels incidental, almost tacked on. But when both sides are down to 10 tickets and we somehow manage to cap and win, that's a real good feeling. No unlock can give me that feeling of pride.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unlocks are good.

It gives more meaning to multiplayer.

If you play single player get more of a sense of accomplishment when you defeat the game.

I can see where in certain situations it can be ****ty...but generally it is good.

What is wrong with only having a rank system like in BF2?

Upvote 0
unlocks put me off games, I get enjoyment from a good fight, or a completely one sided one where I come out on top, as long as it doesn't happen too often (it doesn't).

If they removed the unlock system from ro2, put everybody at max level I would play more, also if they made it so you can choose your unlocks, but all of this **** has been said countless times before.

Upvote 0
If you actually listen to what he says, he expresses that weapon unlocks are OK.

The weapon unlocks are more like side unlocks in BF3 though... Most of them, anyway, and the scopes/front-grip are more like gimmicks.

The rest like having to unlock rockets, radar evasion and flares for jets... Have fun grinding by trying to shoot down missile spewing, air radar-omniscient ace-pilots with your chain-gun till you are at equal footing or able to attack ground-tragets. Same goes for tanks and basic class unlocks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is realistic, Once you survived your baptism of fire in real life you had more experience and knew what you should do in the heat of battle.

I think the unlocks and rewards etc... fit in really well with realism, on top of wanting to acheive goals in the game like, killing a certain amount of enemy etc..

The more you fight the better you get. Just like in real life.

prehaps there should be a disillusioned cynism unlock for old RO:OF players who cant stand the new players coming up and enjoying the new game more than the old one.

Bob Dylan sounds like **** - Southpark - YouTube

The Achievements are probably one of the best things about the game.

Upvote 0
It is realistic
It is realistic that the standard issue for Soviet soldiers is a PPSh41 with a stick mag or a Mosin Nagant without bayonet?

Once you survived your baptism of fire in real life you had more experience and knew what you should do in the heat of battle.

Stat reset every time you die then, cause you don't survive the baptism of fire.

Upvote 0
It is realistic, Once you survived your baptism of fire in real life you had more experience and knew what you should do in the heat of battle.

I'm sorry, but this is total bull****. You gain experience YOURSELF by playing the game and getting better by your own knowledge and skill. You don't need an ARTIFICIAL improvement, or if you do it means you're not so skilled.

Upvote 0