• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just wondering why.

I'm wondering why all the cooler features were cut out of the game, like Multiplayer Campaign, the Co-op, and the Skirmish. Also the map 'sizing' seems to not be in either... And not the mention the most important piece, the SDK.

Were they not finished? (I know the SDK wasn't) I mean, you have the beautiful gameplay, amazing graphics, server system, the whole structure is there. But sometimes when I play I feel cheaped out cause there aren't any custom maps, mutators, or campaigns I can really get into to take over Stalingrad.

I wonder if you guys are working on the promised update, more maps, or working on getting some of the features listed above into the game.

Sometimes I just feel cheaped out, and I'd like to hear your guys thoughts.

Most maps were no bigger in RO1, aside from the ones with combined arms and halftracks, which will be included eventually. Pretty much everything you listed will be added in patches.

But why weren't these features in the Vanilla? They should have not mentioned them if they knew some of the more fun modes weren't going to make it stock.

I think even inf only maps were large in ROOST. Danzig feels a lot larger than Apartments...

---

I think it's because the gameplay is much faster in RO2.

Upvote 0
But why weren't these features in the Vanilla? They should have not mentioned them if they knew some of the more fun modes weren't going to make it stock.

I think it's because the gameplay is much faster in RO2.

They added a crapload of the stuff we got to play with in Osftront in post release patches. Just the way it is. They can't include everything they might have originally thought they'd get done due to time constraints, so they release it later, free. Better than nothing, or charging us for it.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering why all the cooler features were cut out of the game, like Multiplayer Campaign, the Co-op, and the Skirmish. Also the map 'sizing' seems to not be in either... And not the mention the most important piece, the SDK.

Were they not finished? (I know the SDK wasn't) I mean, you have the beautiful gameplay, amazing graphics, server system, the whole structure is there. But sometimes when I play I feel cheaped out cause there aren't any custom maps, mutators, or campaigns I can really get into to take over Stalingrad.

I wonder if you guys are working on the promised update, more maps, or working on getting some of the features listed above into the game.

Sometimes I just feel cheaped out, and I'd like to hear your guys thoughts.

Because people were ranting and raving about how they wanted their hands on the game "NOW" and they didn't care what state it was in. The devs pushed back the release date for a month, and again, people started going nuts. So, it was released with promised additions later.... and people went crazy about why the game wasn't finished as promised... :rolleyes: Am I seriously the only one that remembers all of this?!

Upvote 0
Because people were ranting and raving about how they wanted their hands on the game "NOW" and they didn't care what state it was in. The devs pushed back the release date for a month, and again, people started going nuts. So, it was released with promised additions later.... and people went crazy about why the game wasn't finished as promised... :rolleyes: Am I seriously the only one that remembers all of this?!
Back in the Steam Forum we were telling TWI to delay it further. It seems most of that was coming from here

Upvote 0
I think even inf only maps were larger in ROOST. Danzig feels a lot larger than Apartments...
Other way around, actually. Compare these two shots of the same place. RO2 has a smaller field of view, but comparing to the size of the characters, there's a clear difference in scale. They multiplied all the dimensions larger when they carried the map into RO2:
Danzig west bridge
Apartments west bridge

RO2 has much longer and more open maps in general. RO1 just had you moving very slowly and with a total lack of zoom, so 50 meters in RO1 winds up feeling about like what 150 meters does in RO2, and all the weapons' accuracy are similarly nerfed to the same scale, so you wind up with pistols that can barely hit anything even at just 10m.

Reactions: Kerc Kasha
Upvote 0
This game is all about having faith that the devs and modders will fix it. frankly, the gameplay is too boring to even wait for all that. That's why this game is dead. It's not even fun enough to wait for any new content. They haven't even confirmed that they will even fix the shooting mechanics. I would like my money back, TW screwed this one up pretty bad. RIP RO

Upvote 0
Jezus what a bunch of idiots, listening to a bunch of acne filled 14year olds instead of thinking for themselves.

I'd be suprised if it's actually true but it would go hand in hand with their kiddie unlock system

Upvote 0
Jezus what a bunch of idiots, listening to a bunch of acne filled 14year olds instead of thinking for themselves.

I'd be suprised if it's actually true but it would go hand in hand with their kiddie unlock system

It is true, pretty much everyone wanted the game to be released when it was, and it were not only kids demanding it, it was much more people than you'd think.

TWI pretty much didn't have a choice, and what they did was to respond to what the people demanded. Everyone was aware that the game wasn't fully complete.

OP, they are indeed working on new maps, free DLC, new vehicles, the campaign, etc. None of this was cut out I belive, just delayed. :)

Upvote 0
Other way around, actually. Compare these two shots of the same place. RO2 has a smaller field of view, but comparing to the size of the characters, there's a clear difference in scale. They multiplied all the dimensions larger when they carried the map into RO2:
Danzig west bridge
Apartments west bridge

RO2 has much longer and more open maps in general. RO1 just had you moving very slowly and with a total lack of zoom, so 50 meters in RO1 winds up feeling about like what 150 meters does in RO2, and all the weapons' accuracy are similarly nerfed to the same scale, so you wind up with pistols that can barely hit anything even at just 10m.
I remember getting the 200m riflemen achievement on Arad. The enemy I shot was a small pixelspeck on the horizon.
In RO2, an enemy at 200m away is like a toddler seeing a large MacDonalds sign in the distance along the highway.
Both feel strange though.

Upvote 0
- People were whining because the game was delayed.

- People are whining because the game isn`t finished.

It`s a strange thing the behavior of men.

I wouldn't call it strange...

We are a consumption driven economy, to survive as a company attracting consumers of your products is the most important thing. As a result of that competition and cost efficiency became the most important goals.
Unfortunately, this economic system is counterproductive when it comes to products being durable or finished.

Due to this, companies need to make tough choices, that benefits nobody besides those that are at the top of the pyramid, for example Activision, EA. They thrive on the fact that nobody can compete with them, and rack in huge amounts of money because of it.

And while the economy stimulates consumption, we as the consumer will most likely only have a limited budget to spend. So we want value for our product, which is why we don't want an unfinished game.
The impatience to wait on the other hand is due to the way advertisement works, people will almost always go for the safe choice. They knew Red Orchestra 1 and Killing floor were good games, so Red Orchestra 2 must be as well.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt mind waiting for the extra features if we were kept in the loop about what was going on and a timeline on when it maybe done by but instead we get nothing......... I have tryed and tryed to get our server ranked and this is day 3 now, sure its not that long and i'm sure the devs are busy but my clan m8's wont stay and wait on there weekend off from work in some slim hope it maybe done most of the are downloading BF3 to give a try and will they come back to RO2 or will our server be dead now? I asked for a key to start mapping and getting used to the tools but got nothing! not even a message telling me I was getting nothing!
How often do the devs read the forums? is it just me? do I smell or somthing? ;)

Sorry rant over, its just I get anoyed by the lack of any sort of feedback and feel the game may already be dead before they give us the things that we brought the game for in the first place!

Upvote 0