• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dropping a charge on tank from upper story of Commisar's House

clambo

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 17, 2007
Northern Virginia
This game is even more satisfying the more I get in tune with the maps.
Last night on the ever challenging Commissar's House Map as a Russian engineer -
I finally destroyed a Panzer IV from the topmost floor of a building.

Threw 2 RPG charges from a top story window and the 2nd one made it.
Satisfying mushroom cloud, flames, sparks, smoke etc.
Thumbs up to the guy that did the explosion graphics :)
Everything pretty much set to ultra 1080P- from overhead it was epic

This is the best WWII game I have ever played.

How did you get the satchel through the window?

Every time I try, it gets magically stuck in the window...even if it's not touching anything.

That's easy - I used the hand held RPG shaped charges -
If you hit "4" as engineer it comes up first -
if you hit "4" again the satchels come up.

The satchels would never make it out the window
since as you noted they'd hang up on the sills.
*I'd already left the 2 satchels downstairs as a "house warming gift " - ha

Upvote 0
Rare are the weapons in this game that I don't find satisfying in this game (and it's really no one's fault for those, just preference... anway ->) and satchels and AT are really tops. One time on Red October we had a good Russian team but, as always the PIV was murdering us. I was a rifleman and I was trying to give cover to the engineer but he got hit by the enemy anyway, so I told the people I was with to keep it up. I picked up his satchels and 'nades and made my own run for it, dove into a nearby crater and finished the job, and the Russians actually own that match, good feeling.

Upvote 0
How did you get the satchel through the window?

Every time I try, it gets magically stuck in the window...even if it's not touching anything.

I killed 2 teammates due to the satchel being stuck to the air inside a window. I was so bummed, the tank was just outside on Commisars and had no idea I was there. It would have been so easy. But no. I tossed, it stuck to nothing and 2 guys ran in just in time to get blown up. :eek::(

When I have the opportunity to play as anti tank or engi, and there's a tank up, I chase them like a dog chases cars. I don't know why, I just need to blow them up. Damn it feels good when I do.

Upvote 0
I know the feeling. They just need to add in a safety check on the engineer's satchel charge so it doesn't count as a 'team kill' if it was deployed somewhere 'reasonable', such as on objectives, enemy tanks, etc.

If you throw it in spawn, you should just be banned from the whole game for a day or two at least.

Engineer is one of my favorite classes. I just wish people didn't see you throw the satchel and think it is a bloody gift they're suppose to pick up and bring back to you. I've only used it like 5 times so far, but I've managed to get myself killed with it at least 3 times. Very long delay, and has a very annoying tendency to get itself stuck in windows and stuff.

Upvote 0