• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DT Upgrade for DP28

lyosha

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2008
Kent, United Kingdom
My suggestion is that the DT (Degtyaryova Tankovy) Tank mounted version of the DP28 be an upgrade for the DP28. It saw widespread use among the Rifle Divisions as it had a heavier barrel for longer sustained fire as well as a bigger magazine (60 Rounds). This would be a good historical unlock for the RKKA Machine gunner as right now they are not rewarded in anyway and must keep the bucking bronco that is the DP28.

Having handled both machine guns i can honestly say the DT is FAR heavier than the DP but is able to be carried by one man easily.

So why not give the RKKA a 60 round magazine with a heavier barrel when the gitlerites have 75 Rounds and maybe even the belt feed!

48.jpg

I support this. Thousands and thousands of DT's where used in stalingrad, all from abandonded AFV's or from the factories that stopped producing AFV's during the siege

At the Volgograd Tractor Factory alone did red army soldiers took thousands of DT machineguns, wich where intended for production

60 round pan mag, pistol grip, heavier barrel also contributed to better accuracy and less recoil

Upvote 0
while the DT was actually a bit lighter then the DP28, the whole package weighted more. However it still was less then a typical MG34 gunner

So yeah=
-better magazine capacity
-Pistol grip and other things=Less recoil
-Heavier barrel=More accurate and less overheating
-Much better Bi-pod also less recoil

Soviet troops where very fond of DT MG's. There where even requests to stop DP28 production and replace it with the DT. This was considerd unacceptable by the soviet high command. A belt fed DP was promised and as a comprise, the DP was upgraded to the DPM, wich also included a pistol grip, a much better Bipod and some changes to the recoil mechanism

Upvote 0
Abit of information on the DT & DP machine gun:

DP:
Weight: 11.3 kg (loaded), 9.3 kg (unloaded)
Rate of fire: 550-600 rpm
Feed: 47 round drum magazine

DT:
Weight: 12.7 kg (loaded), 10 kg (unloaded)
Rate of Fire: 550-600 rpm
Feed: 60 round drum magazine

In addition to the larger magazine capacity the higher weight of the DT and similar ROF should lead to a slightly decreased recoil as-well.

The MG34 for comparison:

MG34:
Weight: 13.6 kg (loaded [50 rnd drum]), 12.1 kg (unloaded)
Rate of Fire: 800-900 rpm
Feed: 50 round assault drum or straight belt feed of up to 250 rounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do seriously want. As a dedicated Russian MG'er, having larger mags and even -better- recoil management than the MG34 (the DP is already a lot more managable, making it even MORE so would easily put it on par with that big 250 round monster).

In reality the DP28 really isn't anymore managable than the MG34, seeing as both guns kick straight back into your shoulder, making them both very managable in a prone position.

Upvote 0
In reality the DP28 really isn't anymore managable than the MG34, seeing as both guns kick straight back into your shoulder, making them both very managable in a prone position.

Well, it has ~2/3 the rate of fire as the MG. Less vibration = less rigorous to keep on target, I'd imagine.

Besides, the manageability of the DP is the one real advantage it has in-game. I can put longer bursts accurately on-target than with the MG34. Don't nerf the one advantage out... ;_;

Upvote 0
Well, it has ~2/3 the rate of fire as the MG. Less vibration = less rigorous to keep on target, I'd imagine.

It's lighter too though, and it doesn't have a muzzle break :)

Truthfully, they are just as easy as one another to control in reality, and infact the MG34 does produce more accurate fire, simply because of the much thicker barrel which helps prevent the high barrel whip created by automatic weapons.

Besides, the manageability of the DP is the one real advantage it has in-game. I can put longer bursts accurately on-target than with the MG34. Don't nerf the one advantage out... ;_;

Hehe, nerfs, perks & porks :p

No really, it would be a mistake looking at it that way, seeing as we're striving for realism here, not artificial balance. And as such they should be just as easy to control as on another ingame just as they are in real life.

But ofcourse currently a lot of things ingame aren't realistic, which needs to be looked into. In general though the Russians should get better map placement and more reinforcements to counter the slightly higher effectiveness of the German weapons, if things are to be realistic ofcourse..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And PPSH needs to be buffed, yes it needs to be. Dont come with the typical argument "i went into the server yesterday and killed 2 people)

Way to much recoil on that thing

The recoil of the following weapons need to be looked at:

MG34 & DP28: Reduce recoil
Mkb42: Reduce recoil and make it more linear, i.e. reduce sideways movement
PPSh41: Reduce recoil

Upvote 0