• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you miss this?

I don't see anything I wouldn't see on a good RO2 server.

Seriously, I don't.

Do you see all the bullet impacts that actually don't hit anybody? You don't see that in RO2. There are no sustained firefights in RO2, suppression isn't being used as such in RO2, suppression is just a mere gimick in RO2, not really functional like it was in RO when you hit the deck instantly when you heard bullets wizzing by you and got the chance to either take cover or return fire or both. RO2 will just leave you waiting in a respawn list wondering how the hell you could get hit 5 seconds after your last respawn.

Upvote 0
Do you see all the bullet impacts that actually don't hit anybody? You don't see that in RO2. There are no sustained firefights in RO2, suppression isn't being used as such in RO2, suppression is just a mere gimick in RO2, not really functional like it was in RO when you hit the deck instantly when you heard bullets wizzing by you and got the chance to either take cover or return fire or both. RO2 will just leave you waiting in a respawn list wondering how the hell you could get hit 5 seconds after your last respawn.

Yes I do, and I also see that in Ro2. Maybe you run and gun around too much dying and miss it? There are sustained firefights. I don't know what server you're playing on, but there's plenty on Old Gits Army. Suppression works better in Ro2 than it does in Ro1.

Maybe it's because I still remember something from army basic training, but I feel staying alive in Ro2 isn't that hard as people make it sound like.

Upvote 0
Yes I do, and I also see that in Ro2. Maybe you run and gun around too much dying and miss it? There are sustained firefights. I don't know what server you're playing on, but there's plenty on Old Gits Army. Suppression works better in Ro2 than it does in Ro1.

Maybe it's because I still remember something from army basic training, but I feel staying alive in Ro2 isn't that hard as people make it sound like.

It's actually the ease of getting kills that bores me in RO2. After 1000+ hours on RO/DH I feel that I can still use the skills that I aquired from RO1 but it just doesn't feel as satisfying to get kills because I know that my aim is 99% accurate at most ranges as is it for everybody else.

Upvote 0
Bah, DH on Berlin was the worst experience ever. Like being in a big meatgrinder. Boring and senseless.

I thought it was a fantastic map! With the rather huge exception of the final bridge objective. That objective was hilariously unbalanced, and not to mention entirely lacking in any fun. Of the many many times I've played Berlin, I only recall Allies taking the bridge a few times.

I still have nightmares of the time the Allied team blitzed through all the other objectives in record time... and then spent 45 minutes stuck unable to take the bridge :p

Reactions: Mike 78 and Forssen
Upvote 0
This is what you call a firefight? Look at those kill messages literally scrolling past the screen, it is just a bunch of people running into a meatgrinder. While it looks awesome from a vantage point, from a player perspective this is several times worse than running around getting killed all the time in RO2.

I've never seen a multiplayer game with firefights in them. You can't have a firefight if most participants are more intent on killing the enemy than preserving their own lives.

Two gamers aiming at eachother = one of them dies
One gamer aims at another = one of them dies
One gamer can't see anything = He has nothing to shoot at, but may get shot any moment
Two gamers can't see anyhing = One of them gets careless and makes himself seen and killed

Whatever situation you can come up with, it always ends with a quick death for either party, as it would in real life. Gamers have nothing to fear so there is no point in being careful, and so there is always someone to shoot and kill. Real life firefights don't happen because of poor accuracy, they happen because people are not fearless and uncaring gamers, they try and survive and won't stick their face anywhere near impacting bullets and they certaitainly don't run across the street to look for the enemy without knowing what's out there. A gamer can do that because what does it matter if you get killed? You can respawn and now you know where the enemy is so you can go kill him before he sees you!

Accusing RO2 of not having firefights is a misleading argument because it is not a staple feature in any shooter before it, not even RO1. That's like turning down an apartment offer because it doesn't have a solid gold toilet seat.

Upvote 0