• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

Bump!
Smashing Success eh?
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/208/twissmashingsuccess.jpg

TBH Im happy it dies bit by bit, sorta proves the identity crisis theory I didnt want to believe b4 release. Not even the stat fix patch helped bring back many players.. I myself will stop playing once BF3 is out till maybe a few modders finish the game for devs, but there's so much work to be done.
Doubt simply adding more sway and no prototypes will be enough.. I hate the tiny repetitive tunnel maps just as much as zero sway and mp40/II's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I stopped browsing the forums for a couple weeks seeing as how I didn't own the game and there was mainly talk about bugs needed to be fixed and what not. Didn't buy cos I had limited funds, and even now I'm looking at working full time again I still unfortunately see nothing too positive to give me a reason to buy. Real shame, and really bummed about not having that much interest in this game anymore :\

Upvote 0
Stop Whining and Complaining like little Babies, if you dont enjoy the game play your silly Bf3 and have fun with it. Im sure when new Maps are running on the servers some players will come back. I dont care if there are Millions online to play this game, i need only a handfull good players that are using teamwork and voip!!

Upvote 0
^ But whats the point (except the initial sales based on hype and false promises) of lying to us, dumbing down the game, retarded unlocks, proto weapons all for the sake of accessibility when the server browser still slowly starts to look like RO1 (bit exagerated I kno..) only that RO1 is 6 yrs old with disappointed people still playing it.

At the same time lots of research on SG, time spent on detailed aimbot tanks that are now disabled on most servs, useless cover system that pales infront of simple run and gun, things TWI's new target audience doesnt give a shiz about and things that dont make the game realistic considering all the "other features".

Upvote 0
Stop Whining and Complaining like little Babies, if you dont enjoy the game play your silly Bf3 and have fun with it. Im sure when new Maps are running on the servers some players will come back. I dont care if there are Millions online to play this game, i need only a handfull good players that are using teamwork and voip!!

They seem incapable of moving on. They are hung up on something they hate, but can't stop announcing how much they hate it, like anybody gives a toss :rolleyes:

A shrink would have a field day with some of these characters.

FYI, I always chuckle when I read the posts whinging about not enough bolt users ingame. It obviously hasn't occurred to them that a huge percentage of the bolters are in here crying 24/7.

No wonder there are a reduced number ingame :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^ But whats the point (except the initial sales based on hype and false promises) of lying to us, dumbing down the game, retarded unlocks, proto weapons all for the sake of accessibility when the server browser still slowly starts to look like RO1 (bit exagerated I kno..) only that RO1 is 6 yrs old with disappointed people still playing it.

At the same time lots of research on SG, time spent on detailed aimbot tanks that are now disabled on most servs, useless cover system that pales infront of simple run and gun, things TWI's new target audience doesnt give a shiz about and things that dont make the game realistic considering all the "other features".
I'm basicly of the same opinion as you are.
What they've done is take a gun and shot themselves in their own foot (after a couple of tries offcourse, you know lag and all)

Upvote 0
Dogfacboy said:
I stopped browsing the forums for a couple weeks seeing as how I didn't own the game and there was mainly talk about bugs needed to be fixed and what not.
Play the game on Steam if possible, watch youtube gameplays and so on. You shouldn't make your decision basing it only on threads/post from these forums. People can like it or not, but people aren't you. You should find your way to check if you might like the game.

Upvote 0
They seem incapable of moving on. They are hung up on something they hate, but can't stop announcing how much they hate it, like anybody gives a toss :rolleyes:

A shrink would have a field day with some of these characters.

It really is quite remarkable. I've never encountered this kind of reaction with any game I've played in the past.

Upvote 0
Well the players have certainly left the Hardcore/Realism servers.

i only get 3-4 servers under 100 ping and only 1 of them is somewhat populated. Exactly what i have feared has happened; people have moved over to the casual gamemodes.

Our server is running full hardcore mode from Seattle... It generally fills up around 7-8PM PST.

There are still options out there, trust me :)

Wally

Upvote 0
Wasnt RO1 just a free mod for UT like CS was for HL? If so, it's pretty normal that mods aren't always a big succes.

This on the other hand is a fully developed full game made by a gamedeveloper who invested many years and alot of money in this product.
Having a handfull of servers not even 1 month after release is a blatant failure :/

And on top of that we have a divided community because a couple people go for the relaxed realism while others want hardcore realism from a shooter like this, so again, even less people playing...
+ since neither of those groups actually has a game catered towards them but more a mix of the 2 (the tactical view, the gamepace, the achievements and unlockables ... compared to the guns which can be "tweaked" for the length of the shot, the sophisticated commander role, ...) they'll probably all give up eventually (with perhaps an even smaller final playerbase left)
I think they tried to go for the best of both worlds but as most gamers know, trying to make a game and realistic and arcadish enough for the average kid to jump in, fails miserably

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wasnt RO1 just a free mod for UT like CS was for HL? If so, it's pretty normal that mods aren't always a big succes.

This on the other hand is a fully developed full game made by a gamedeveloper who invested many years and alot of money in this product.
Having a handfull of servers not even 1 month after release is a blatant failure :/

I meant Ostfront. It is also a full (retail) game.

The original ro was a mod, that is true, but i cant really remember the playerbase, because it was to long ago.

Upvote 0
I can tell that 11 guys from my squad have the game but only 2 of them are actually "enjoying" it; these two did not play to RO1, of course.

For the others and me: we don't last 15 minutes... after that time we often disconnect "nauseated" or cursing the developers...

Bugs and bad performance are only a part of the problems: the real one is the gameplay.

Right it is.
I need to rethink several times just starting it.
And when i go on im fed up just after some minutes mostly---period.

Yesterday this game had less players than DoD:Source .. which i played in 2004 or 2005 i think.Im goin to look for a RO1 server now .. :rolleyes:

Right now its got 1,3k users in.Sure its a "niche" game as people who still can like it say, and RO1 was too but most players i know from RO1 are quite disappointed with it.
The niche of this game will close in a drop of a hat.
Still im having my eyes on the "Iron Europe Mod" , that looks promising someway since they announced bigger maps and have actually nice sounds presented some time ago. .. Id love to see one of those maps to get a better picture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0