• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

15-20 fps on a high end computer

But have you tested on ATI HD5000 series? Because from what I can tell, those are having a very hard time, and I don't know anyone with those cards who are getting good frames(not to say that everyone with those cards get bad frames, I just haven't seen any posts with those saying they get good FPS).

This is true. I own an ATI HD5770 GPU, and the game used to run great untill the patch. I've seen other users experience the same problem arround here with similar GPU's.

Upvote 0
But have you tested on ATI HD5000 series? Because from what I can tell, those are having a very hard time, and I don't know anyone with those cards who are getting good frames(not to say that everyone with those cards get bad frames, I just haven't seen any posts with those saying they get good FPS).

Hey,

I own 2x HD5850 Toxic in crossfire

When the big 3gb patch released i went from 20-35 fps to almost 60 fps steady with a few stutters here and there, so i was really happy.

Yesterday i read somewhere you could get rid of those stutters by deleting the .ini files in My Documents. So i did that and couldn't wait to play with 60 fps steady.

When i got in the game my fps was back to 20-35 with massive stutters... So the patch fixed most of the problems i had. I just had to break it again myself.

My specs are:

Amd Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.4 ghz
8 GB DDR2 RAM @ 800 mhz
MSI K9A2CF
2x HD5850 Toxic

It kinda sucks my game runs like crap again. Can't really blame TW tho.. I love those guys bringing us some of the most awesome games on the planet and giving us the support we need.

StrxXx

Upvote 0

Yes, like I said in the post. I'm typing this right now on a Q6600/HD5850/4gbRAM.

I can play the game on Medium on a 64p server. I can put it on High when I'm in SP.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We have 3 more Phenom II X4 940/GTX470 machines
Can i ask, what sort of FPS do these rigs get and on what settings are they tested with? (if you know) on 64 player servers. I ask as it's very close to what i have (when at default speeds), i run a PII X4 at 3.9ghz and a GTX480 @ 850/4000.

PS @ beh0lder.
I think with regards to the latest driver your talking about the 3d profile that was added to the recent driver set, i run the same driver and there is no performance increase for RO2 mentioned in the release notes pdf for any of the up to date sets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@PUTZ

I would like to kindly ask you to give me any idea how come that my rig is starting with 60-80 fps and after some time (between 30-60 mins), it reduces fps to 20-40? MSI Afterburner shows that temperature of my graca is fine, CPU and GPU are not at 100% (by far not), disks have been defragmented, drivers are up to date and so on, and so on. Game settings are high on 1920 x (i forgot this number now).
My graphic card having a problem? I doubt because I am running Silent Hunter 5 and Shogun 2 maxed out and have no problems, stable fps.

I really don't know what's going on. Certainly I am not an expert but before I am asking, I checked online for many tweaks and could not find any improvement of what's been stated.

Upvote 0
Hey,

I own 2x HD5850 Toxic in crossfire

When the big 3gb patch released i went from 20-35 fps to almost 60 fps steady with a few stutters here and there, so i was really happy.

Yesterday i read somewhere you could get rid of those stutters by deleting the .ini files in My Documents. So i did that and couldn't wait to play with 60 fps steady.

When i got in the game my fps was back to 20-35 with massive stutters... So the patch fixed most of the problems i had. I just had to break it again myself.

My specs are:

Amd Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.4 ghz
8 GB DDR2 RAM @ 800 mhz
MSI K9A2CF
2x HD5850 Toxic

It kinda sucks my game runs like crap again. Can't really blame TW tho.. I love those guys bringing us some of the most awesome games on the planet and giving us the support we need.

StrxXx

Anyone got an idea how to fix my problem ?

Upvote 0
funny I have a i7 @860
8 GB DDR3 @1333
and 2 ati 5770's

and I tear this game up all settings ultra and 60 fps
shadows on medium foilage on medium

so its gotta be certain cards I suppose, I can't run one 5770 in ultra though it will hiccup and stutter but still get 50 fps with only one card

Really? i use one 5770 and i can't go above medium with 30-40 fps.

i also use the latest Game booster FYI.

Upvote 0