• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maybe you just don't like Stalingrad

68.232.169.146:7777
=OF= Old Farts #1

208.167.246.212:7777
101. Jager-Division Realism Server

109.70.148.63:7779
1st Rifle Division Server [Realism & Ranked]

Maybe the reason you can't find any teamplay is because you aren't being a team player? Lots of other players seem to be able to find some good coordination in-game.

I never see these servers for some reason. Is there a way to type the IP address in also?

Upvote 0
In response to the OP's post:

Assuming what you say about assault teams being the focus of the game is valid (and I am not denigrating your opinion, you're entitled to it), how does the current RO2 model match it?

An assault team as you describe would not include a 50% contingent of bolt-action riflemen. How do THEY assault a position held by a like number of enemies armed with automatic weapons?

In game, there is a fundamental element of unfairness to this. If you like playing with a bolt action, it's far more difficult to do so. If you like to assault and don't have an uber-fast machine, you're stuck with a bolt, with which you can either attempt to assault (i.e., suicide yourself), or camp as a wanna be sniper without a scope.

The current model provides that 50% get autos/semi-autos, and (in general, some still prefer bolties despite the disadvantage) the rest get stuck being targets with a bolt action rifle because the map didn't load fast enough for them. It's patently unfair. We all paid the same price for the game, so why is it that people with solid state drives and uber processors get to enjoy it, and everyone else has to eat their scraps, as it were?

I'm STILL gonna say it: If TWI is going to INSIST on keeping a 50% ratio of automatic weapons, then EVERYONE should be able to select one, if they like. Do away with the mandatory slots model. Personally, I'm sick of either having to take a boltie or exit the game because I don't wanna either camp the edges or provide a target for everyone ELSE'S enjoyment. I paid to enjoy MYSELF, thank you.

Upvote 0
I'm STILL gonna say it: If TWI is going to INSIST on keeping a 50% ratio of automatic weapons, then EVERYONE should be able to select one, if they like. Do away with the mandatory slots model. Personally, I'm sick of either having to take a boltie or exit the game because I don't wanna either camp the edges or provide a target for everyone ELSE'S enjoyment. I paid to enjoy MYSELF, thank you.

Not sure what you're on about. I play bolty when I don't feel like MGing, even if there are auto classes open, and I absolutely dominate the objectives with my trusty bayo. Work as a team and stop trying to win 1v1 fights with the guys with automatics. Use grenades to clear rooms, and cut the pie around corners. You can beat the autos if you practiced instead of ragequitting every time you can't get one. :p

Reactions: EvilKiwi436
Upvote 0
Not sure what you're on about. I play bolty when I don't feel like MGing, even if there are auto classes open, and I absolutely dominate the objectives with my trusty bayo. Work as a team and stop trying to win 1v1 fights with the guys with automatics. Use grenades to clear rooms, and cut the pie around corners. You can beat the autos if you practiced instead of ragequitting every time you can't get one. :p

This ^ The bolt is a viable option I play it all the time and just because you have a bolt by no means should you stay back and ignore objectives.Learning where in the zones to effectively employ the bolt can give you the edge even on the smg guys. Yes it takes more practice and some patients but once you learn where to use it and how to lead targets etc it can be the most rewarding kills of any gun.Not to mention highly accurate and very deadly besides the bayo is too much fun ;)

People who have the patients to master the bolt and learn where to use it have no problem getting in the top 5 of the scoreboard.

Upvote 0

Assuming what you say about assault teams being the focus of the game is valid (and I am not denigrating your opinion, you're entitled to it), how does the current RO2 model match it?

An assault team as you describe would not include a 50% contingent of bolt-action riflemen. How do THEY assault a position held by a like number of enemies armed with automatic weapons?

In game, there is a fundamental element of unfairness to this. If you like playing with a bolt action, it's far more difficult to do so. If you like to assault and don't have an uber-fast machine, you're stuck with a bolt, with which you can either attempt to assault (i.e., suicide yourself), or camp as a wanna be sniper without a scope.

The current model provides that 50% get autos/semi-autos, and (in general, some still prefer bolties despite the disadvantage) the rest get stuck being targets with a bolt action rifle because the map didn't load fast enough for them. It's patently unfair. We all paid the same price for the game, so why is it that people with solid state drives and uber processors get to enjoy it, and everyone else has to eat their scraps, as it were?

Weird argument; it's either going to be everyone or some, I think that's why the battlefield promotion system is there. As for the rifle being harder to use, well yes, but that's not the issue the question is whether or not the potential for rifles > automatics. I would argue that higher tier players will be often better off with rifles in almost any given situation unless they're being 'zerged' in a 64 man server.

For pseudo competitive players like myself who hails from other games rather than starting off from RO1 , I enjoy the rifle and in a matter of fact would prefer if officers/squad leaders could start off with the rifle instead. But you know what, that isn't for everyone however there is a solution right now and it's called battlefield scavenging. I also am not against liberating weapons from players who aren't performing well - you do have TK forgiveness after all.

Upvote 0
Because it is content that didn't belong there, or at the very least not in these numbers. But hey, you probably want IS2 tanks trundling around Stalingrad streets right?

No I don't want no IS2 in the streets of Stalingrad. lol

On a second thought, I think MKB42 should only be limited to heroes and... squad leaders maybe? Maybe not, but something must be done about it.

The standard issue to sturmtruppen in Stalingrad was MP40, nothing more, nothing less. So, realistically, it should be that way...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I agree this is a basic problem. My machine seems to be in the mid range and sometimes I get the preferred classes if I am quick on the draw, but often I am locked into the rifleman, which I actually don't mind. But if I greatly preferred assault class, I'd mind.

Battlefield promotions mitigate this somewhat. Do well and you can be rewarded with 2 of the 3 rounds as another class.

Also, if it's primarily the weapons you care about, you can scavenge the battlefield for a more varied experience.

But I don't like your proposed solution which is "all or nothing". Having no limits to class selection I don't like.

Maybe it would be a better idea to give players a class selection screen where players pick a 1st and 2nd preferred class BEFORE the map loads, then once the map loads, the server calculates a lottery for the limited class selections. So long as none of the classes fill up, everyone gets what they want. When a class has more 1st preferences chosen than slots for it, it is random who gets the slots. Then 2nd preferences are lotto'ed off, and anyone who doesn't get 1st or 2nd preference is dumped off to rifleman class. That way it is at least a level class selection field and you don't have to have a super fast machine to beat everyone to your class.

Upvote 0

I was writing to a player this afternoon who was an assault. But he lied in the capzone as a rifleman to shoot from there the enemy.
And then i think noooooooooo give that weapon to another and take for yourself a rifle.

Upvote 0