• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just played a bit of RO1...WOW

Check the video in my sig,that video will show you how fast ADS is killing the game. Fast ADS,fast reloading,auto reloading,what were you thinking tripwire! The twitch shooter fans are loving the fast aiming down the sight. What is the point of having a freeaim system when you can ADS so fast you'll never have to use it?

I use hipshooting all the time in cqc. Hipshoot wins over ADS all the time indoors if you have practiced...

Upvote 0
I use hipshooting all the time in cqc. Hipshoot wins over ADS all the time indoors if you have practiced...
I've had the same experience with everything but the PPSH (I can't use that properly however much I try, feels like bullets just go through guys without causing damage, or I'm missing).
Quite funny killing someone with a hip fired MG before they managed to get the rifle to their shoulder.

Upvote 0
Also would people stop complaining about the "zooming" in RO2. I'm not sure how many times it has to be explained before it gets to your thick skulls, but it replicates focusing in real life. Pixel hunting for soldiers is complete bull**** in RO1.

Actually, it does not represent 'focusing'. It represents , well , representing things at their actual size as you would actually see them, whether you are 'focusing' or just looking around.

Upvote 0
Check the video in my sig,that video will show you how fast ADS is killing the game. Fast ADS,fast reloading,auto reloading,what were you thinking tripwire! The twitch shooter fans are loving the fast aiming down the sight. What is the point of having a freeaim system when you can ADS so fast you'll never have to use it?

Oh no, a German soldier is running through a building interior shooting unaware Russians in the back!

Seriously, not one of his victims was looking at him. The one or two that were couldn't see through the smoke, and were framed by the lighting. My granny could have pulled those shots off.

That has nothing to do with fast ADS and everything to do with unaware, stupid players.

Reactions: Nimsky and B4$$TarD
Upvote 0
There are some customers in this world who you can bring the whole dev team to their house to perform acts that cannot be discussed here, and these people will still complain about the knee prints in their carpet.

I program games as a hobby/side business with a few friends and co-workers, and honestly I don't think I will ever make a sequel to a game.

I'm working on an Applied Computer Science in Game Design BS, so I'm intimately familiar with this kind of thing.

To quote a great man:

Fans are clingy complaining dip****s who will never be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill tremulous voices the happier you'll be for it.

Upvote 0
I guess running around 20min doing nothing and sniping someone with a laser beam rifle is "realistic". 9/10 posters on this board bring the vivid image of a fat, smelly nerd fully decked out in MARPAT and face paint, angrily shouting orders and Doritos crumbs into a headset. Then coming here to reminisce about how much better Ostfront was than this "CoDified crap".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that many of you who are dissatisfied with the game in comparison to RO or any other game are confusing players' lack of ability to play the game with the actual gameplay itself. Just because people are playing like idiots doesn't mean the gameplay is lacking.

I'll take the ADS thing as a good example. Many players seem to want to blame the faster ADS when they get killed by run-&-gunners, when in reality it's their own fault; they still have the advantage but it's just not as large as in RO. It seems to me that the training wheels (sway, ADS, move speed, etc) have been taken off by Tripwire and some have just decided to refuse to adapt and learn the game in favor of whining about how things used to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess running around 20min doing nothing and sniping someone with a laser beam rifle is "realistic". 9/10 posters on this board bring the vivid image of a fat nerd fully decked out in MARPAT and face paint, angrily shouting orders and Doritos crumbs into a headset. Then coming here to reminisce about how much better Ostfront was than this "CoDified crap".

They're different games with different pulses. You can't really fault them for seeing it that way.

Personally, I don't know what RO vets are talking about with "tougher aiming." They were all goddamn ninjas when I played RO, and if they're angry that their skill means less in RO2....well...tough titty. Everyone has to deal with that at some point the longer they stay with a "series."

I think RO2 has just traded trenches and fields for buildings and craters, and the maps aren't quite as long. And they're having difficulty accepting that.

Upvote 0
I think that many of you who are dissatisfied with the game in comparison to RO or any other game are confusing players' lack of ability to play the game with the actual gameplay itself. Just because people are playing like idiots doesn't mean the gameplay is lacking.

I'll take the ADS thing as a good example. Many players seem to want to blame the faster ADS when they get killed by run-&-gunners, when in reality it's their own fault; they still have the advantage but it's just not as large as in RO. It seems to me that the training wheels (sway, ADS, move speed, etc) have been taken off by Tripwire and some have just decided to refuse to adapt and learn the game in favor of whining about how things used to be.

Quoted, because it needs to be said again.

+1

Reactions: Nimsky and melipone
Upvote 0
Gotta love the logic of some pro RO2 posters. "They made the game easier therefore its harder". Removed the training wheels? They just made it more simplistic and like a generic FPS game. I can get that in my other FPSs and they do that whole gameplay style better anyway. Part of what made RO1 decent was you had to actually make an effort and the kills just felt more rewarding.

I don't hate RO2, but these people who didn't even like the first game are just stirring things up. Accept that people liked RO1 and found it more tactical, or whatever else they liked about it. RO2 isn't bad, its just not quite an RO game imo. I could like it as a stand alone game, shouldn't have been called RO2 though

Upvote 0
Accept that people liked RO1 and found it more tactical, or whatever else they liked about it.

Only if RO1 vets will accept RO2 as it is, not as they must have it.

I could like it as a stand alone game, shouldn't have been called RO2 though

But since the sentiment from most is that it's THEIR IP and not TWI's IP, I doubt that will ever happen.

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
Gotta love the logic of some pro RO2 posters. "They made the game easier therefore its harder". Removed the training wheels? They just made it more simplistic and like a generic FPS game. I can get that in my other FPSs and they do that whole gameplay style better anyway. Part of what made RO1 decent was you had to actually make an effort and the kills just felt more rewarding.

Yes. It does make sense. When you make the gun mechanics faster and more user-friendly, you allow players with better aim speed and mouse skill to be much more effective and dangerous on the move (as soldiers with good shooting skill would be in real life). Waiting for sway to go down or for ADS view to come up in RO is not skill or effort. It's just learned behavior.

Upvote 0
For me even RO1 once seemed too arcady. When I played solely DH for some time which the ww2 infantry fighting is as real as it can get, I came back for some quick round on RO and was stunned by all the arcadish behaviour of players, popping up and shooting you with a rifle even though they were pinned down, however it was still ok. But that what is now in RO2 is just ridiculous, there's no incentive to play in a stealthy mode anymore, it's just an another quick style fps.

Reactions: Golf33
Upvote 0