• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Severely reduced performance after the big patch

Roh

Sep 9, 2011
Okay with major tweaks. Half of which had to be through config files.. I had gotten it so that I was steadily above 30 fps. Almost never going below. Only on a couple maps when there was smoke and fire on screen would I sometimes have drops.

With the most recent patch... My average fps is now 20. What the hell? I was NEVER that low before for more then a second or two at a time. Usually averaging 32-34. Slightly above that with the tweaks from this subforum. Now the game is worthless to me. My ingame settings are the same. I am about to go and check if the tweaks were reset but.. even if they were it is no excuse for an all time LOW in performance.. It should only go back to the occasional drops I had.

What the hell TWI?

Actually you can take this as feedback instead of a request for support. This is just ridiculous. I am going to beg steam for a refund. This was officially a waste of money. Money I shouldnt have taken for a great game let alone this letdown.

Last edited:
Actually I wouldn't. They are all fairly well above the required. My graphics card isnt great. But there is NO excuse for going from 40 average which I had finally gotten to 20. Hell to be honest considering the visuals I had there was no excuse for it to be as low as 40 average in the first place.

I'm tired of this. I expected more from Tripwire. They did so well with just a mode. They didn't even have real access to the engine. Then the retail game was even better. Now this.. Mess. I don't think it is right to pre-order a game only to still be waiting for a decent game a month after release.

EDIT: I tried giving the benefit of the doubt and doing as you said. After having the ini files regenerated i dropped from 20 fps average to 17-18 average. It's unacceptable. I just hope steam will give me some sort of refund. Even if its only a steam credit refund. Not only have I lost faith in tripwire Ive gained mistrust. I doubt I will ever buy any product they put out again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Performance is no better for me. Still shutters and drops below 30fps on HIGH settings. I don't mind the low fps 30 is except-able to me, just wish it ran smooth. Changing settings does nothing for shuttering.

PhenomII x4 3.00ghz
radeon 6870 1gb
6gb ram

plus the game wouldn't update and just kept trying to verify game cache and say steam servers were busy try again. So i Just uninstalled deleted all folders and did a fresh download over night. So there are no ini folders i need to regenerate. (yes deleted the mygames/redorchastra2 folder)

Upvote 0