• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some ideas for new Berserker weapons(not dual katana lmao

Evol

Apr 19, 2011
Hello, I dont know how to make weapons, guns, maps or anything.. im just a player and I think Killing Floor need few new weapons for Berserker, something new would be nice like:

1. Spear (maybe something like spartans had)with possiblity to use it as simple melee weapon and... maybe with possibility to throw and then (maybe) pick it up like a crossbow arrow
laughing.png
it would be nice
smile.png
).

2.Falcon's talon and 3.fusari-gama (well they are awesome tools for killing and i bet everyone would like to use them in KF
tongue.png
) (check it on google if you dont know what kind of weapons these are
laughing.png
).
about fusari-gama -well as much as i know its not only can be used as melee short range weapon but also i guess mid range weapon because it has chain (sometimes shorter sometimes longer, but for killing i guess prefer longer :) ).

Hope atleast single person will read this post and like my ideas
smile.png
and maybe someone will create atleast 1 of these awesome weapons :/ i saw loads of dual katana suggestions but lets face it... these 3 are worth attention unlike dual katana thing.
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Sorry, :(, but it was really quite difficult :eek: and confusing:confused: to try to understand what you're saying :confused: through all these damn smilies:mad:

However, from what I was able to piece together :rolleyes: you're suggesting (I think :confused:) adding a bunch of weapons because they're :cool:, not because they fill an important niche or add to the gameplay in any meaningful way.;)

So, I'm going to have to say no:eek: because following the "rule of :cool:", also known as the "Fonzie rule" is not conducive to balanced, or even particularly fun :IS2: games. :(

may I ask how old you are?:confused:

Upvote 0
Sorry, :(, but it was really quite difficult :eek: and confusing:confused: to try to understand what you're saying :confused: through all these damn smilies:mad:

However, from what I was able to piece together :rolleyes: you're suggesting (I think :confused:) adding a bunch of weapons because they're :cool:, not because they fill an important niche or add to the gameplay in any meaningful way.;)

So, I'm going to have to say no:eek: because following the "rule of :cool:", also known as the "Fonzie rule" is not conducive to balanced, or even particularly fun :IS2: games. :(

may I ask how old you are?:confused:

I admit I did used too much smiles and my grammar sucks, forgot to write that this suggestion is more like for mutator or something. And this suggestion is because I think game seriously lacking of atleast 1-2 more weapons/gun for some perks.
I dont know why you care about my age, maybe i look childish with this suggestion but thats what suggestions are for :p or maybe its my grammar (dammit) oh and.. Im 18 years old.

Upvote 0
Berserker Ideas

Berserker Ideas

My favorite profession is the Berserker and Firebug, my suggestions are:

1. To be able to run rapidly with the chainsaw, even more that with a knife, axe, machete or katana because the saw is a excellent and powerful weapon but difficult to handle.

Or....

2. To take two chainsaws being able to take one in every hand reducing drastically the movement speed, like walking, but that the use of both saws is very amazing, with the primary and secondary fire, (I like this option), I never saw to be able to do this in another game.

3. Another idea gives an alternative fire more to the katana, primary fire, secondary fire, and alternative fire, and like that fire to handle it as a samurai, but the other professions that could not use this alternative fire, since it does not like to see a real Berserker to handle his Katana to one "Demolitions".

4. Not to take " Two Katanas " for which the use of this weapon is very good, not see well 2 Katanas, the form in which the personage seizes the Katana is very real, the form in the one that does not also use this weapon that changes the secondary fire, to "auto-fire", better to change the primary fire to "manual-fire", doing a click every time to attack, since in the version 1014, was fantastic to handle the Katana whit "manual-fire", I bet to that many "Real Berserker" they love the idea of another alternative fire for the Katana, and the manual fire for the "primary-fire".

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Berserker Ideas

Berserker Ideas

My favorite profession is the Berserker and Firebug, my suggestions are:

1. To be able to run rapidly with the chainsaw, even more that with a knife, axe, machete or katana because the saw is a excellent and powerful weapon but difficult to handle.

Or....

2. To take two chainsaws being able to take one in every hand reducing drastically the movement speed, like walking, but that the use of both saws is very amazing, with the primary and secondary fire, (I like this option), I never saw to be able to do this in another game.

3. Another idea gives an alternative fire more to the katana, primary fire, secondary fire, and alternative fire, and like that fire to handle it as a samurai, but the other professions that could not use this alternative fire, since it does not like to see a real Berserker to handle his Katana to one "Demolitions".

4. Not to take " Two Katanas " for which the use of this weapon is very good, not see well 2 Katanas, the form in which the personage seizes the Katana is very real, the form in the one that does not also use this weapon that changes the secondary fire, to "auto-fire", better to change the primary fire to "manual-fire", doing a click every time to attack, since in the version 1014, was fantastic to handle the Katana whit "manual-fire", I bet to that many "Real Berserker" they love the idea of another alternative fire for the Katana, and the manual fire for the "primary-fire".

Upvote 0
I honestly believe that this is rediculous. How does this add to gameplay? Oh, and most of the weapons you suggested are from ninja gaiden. Also, how would they work? I agree hte zerker need's more weapons, but you're being rediculous. The katana is enough of a ninja weapon, ok? Now that I'm done with my rant, I'll get back on track.

There berzerker needs more weapons, so we should give him more weapons. We need to add interesting uses for each weapon so they aren't all just cookie-cutter useless, Examples are fireaxe does great headshot damage, katana is light and fast, chainsaw is heavy damage, that type of stuff. We could have brass knuckles that weigh 0, a new way to do melee damage (Blunt and bladed), or even go for dua-weilded knives or machetes, that type of stuff. We need more interesting suggestions though! If we just suggested ideas for what weapons would look like, then how would we get stats? Oh, and thanks for reading my insanley-long first post!

Upvote 0
Want a Stones??

Want a Stones??

It seems to me stupid increase more weapons for the Berserker, which? They want a boomerang??, or a weapon with range???, very stupid, Berserker is (Close Combat or Body to Body) the katana and the chainsaw are the most powerful weapons in the battle for a Berserker, if you ask for a weapon to "throw away" with the Berserker, one Sharpshoter wants a sword, demolitions wants better medycal syringe, commando wants better body armor, think about that.

Each profession have their advantages and disadvantages, that is what makes Killing Floor a excellent game, being able to choose what best you'd like to use, knives, shotguns, rifles, explosives...

You want to??? lift stones of the floor and throwing them away? Launch darts??, buy ammunition??,

Upvote 0
The Mosin rifle that i believe RO_Sauce ported from RO1 works really well in a hybrid role.

The bayonette works well in melee, and the actual rifle part of the rifle works well in shooting things like Crawlers at range.

It has a 5-round magazine reloaded with a 5-round clip, so it's different to all the other guns in KF, which only use magazines, canisters of gas/napalm (probably napalm and not gas), or individual bolts/rockets.

It's also bolt-action, for those that can't or won't find the Hunting Rifle or M99 mods.

Upvote 0
The Mosin rifle that i believe RO_Sauce ported from RO1 works really well in a hybrid role.

The bayonette works well in melee, and the actual rifle part of the rifle works well in shooting things like Crawlers at range.

It has a 5-round magazine reloaded with a 5-round clip, so it's different to all the other guns in KF, which only use magazines, canisters of gas/napalm (probably napalm and not gas), or individual bolts/rockets.

It's also bolt-action, for those that can't or won't find the Hunting Rifle or M99 mods.

I actually like the Mosin mod...

I think it'd be a nice RO-crossover add-on to KF if they put it in. Have a map in an abandoned Russian Bunker. Hell, they had a map in an aperature science place, so why not?

Upvote 0
yes certain disks do reinforced concrete, i think that one is setup to do permanent way rail.
I kinda see it as a down-to-earth effective and available weapon that would suit the game.
Or would have suited the game had they not gone for the stereotypical chainsaw option

This has more cutting power than a chainsaw thou, and as the disks need period changing (or they can shatter with little warning apparentely) this could have be worked into the gameplay somehow

Upvote 0
EDIT ^ i was answering a post that's been removed - n mind...

come to think of it the shattering is usually if you over-tighten the wheel, or phaps if you use the wrong disk for a certain material.

But they do wear out so you could have spare disk ammo for that you'd reload -for the sake of gameplay here - some time after the wheel started to judder and kick. Leave it too long and the disk would burst and you'd get a bit of local area damage.
reloading would take some time, so the others would have to cover you if you were say holding a position with it (which would likely be the case cos you wouldn't be that mobile)

be an interesting and original alternative to the chainsaw - more damage but with a couple of disadvantages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0