• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BF3 and why I will play RO2 more

BF3 sure dosen't seem like a console port. Console = Smaller maps, less players. Only 24 I believe.

The thing is, teamplay and staying with your squad is so much more rewarding and easier in BF3. Here you can actually spawn on your friend. It just makes for a better game when playing with friends, and as someone else said in BF3 you have actual firefights. In RO2 not so much. If you get spotted you are bascilly dead.

Upvote 0
Piff the only advantage BF3 has is it runs a hell of a lot better and it looks a hell of a lot better... oh and it sounds a lot better too ;)

But ya I really miss the shift zoom while in Iron sights in BF3 and the "support" machine guns in BF3 are laughable when compared to the machine guns in red orchestra. Go on the ground and mount a gun with a bipod, now don't press right mouse button and turn from side to side, You'll notice that in BF3 the barrel of the gun doesn't even line up with where you shoot(it's like off by 15 degrees, it's huge)

man I've really come back to RO2 a lot though, so much more satisfying and so much less rage inducing. The tanks are absurdly more fun to use, they are just such enormous threats in RO2 where in BF they are just mildly stronger than 3 of the infantry classes.

Honestly at the moment the gun balance is just feels so much better in RO2, although that was pre assault rifles and unlocks, with those everything is totally broken, since the unlockable components aren't available on everything and there is ZERO tradeoff in that the machine and sub guns just get twice the ammo per reload.

RO2 is just so vastly different.

Upvote 0
The overall point is that there are reasons why people play the Battlefield series, and there are reasons why people play the Red Orchestra series.

The problem is, for myself, and many others that enjoy BOTH games, the reasons why we enjoyed Red Orchestra are diminishing the more they do things to appeal to the "main stream"

And for those that think EA/Dice is some evil company who doesn't change anything the players want changed, I give you, squad management.

Source: (http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-getting-in-game-squad-management-after-all/)

And, for the record, the BF3 BETA is over a month old build of the game, and the only reason for the BF3 beta is to test the new back-end structure of the server management software and for server providers to test how many servers can be run from one box.

Source: (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...1/10/03/battlefield-3-open-beta-update-2.aspx)

The vast majority of the bugs being reported have already been found and fixed with in-house play-testing.

Reactions: nebsif
Upvote 0
At least I can play Bf3 without getting frustrated out of my mind by bad gameplay decisions.

Lmao, really?? You're serious?

Battlefield as a whole has been one complete frustration & waste of money for me.

I tried BF2 first due to a room mate who used to play it. I got it, it took for frigg'n ever to install off the DVD, then patch, then install mods & extra content, then install the same patch again, then deal with rebinding my controls to something that was more logical with quicker response time, yet it was all run & gun except when you're blown up by arty, helicopters, tanks, APC's, bombs from jets, almost everytime and not much restriction for base r@ping. You spawn, you die, repeat.

BF42 was worse than Quake 1 & the only appeal was aircraft.

BC2 I didn't want to get burned again, yet I played 2 mins of it at my ex-room mate's and liked how it wasn't as arcade'y. I picked it up a couple of months back on the summer sale for pennies.

Less aircraft, more run & gun, more base r@ping, new players have no class equipment for a few levels, while lvl 50's ran around single shotting me with mag rounds and I'd unload a clip into their body armour.

Wow, how fun when one round in the chest from a sniper rifle just makes them run faster into cover & then head shot me with an LMG halfway across the map while standing.
Then all the things I see with BF3, with more glitches than RO2, no mod support, forcing you to install yet another Steam-like program & add more crap onto you system... oh which scans your entire system & shares your information, oh and if you so much as change the video settings the wrong way, they'll ban you & take away all of your EA games

Joy, where do I sign up for the **** probe Sarge?

Besides hacking/exploiting the game, Tripwire basically doesn't give two craps what you do with RO2.

Mod away, make what you want... and play a game that requires some thinking for once.

Wow! They're monsters

Upvote 0
Lmao, really?? You're serious?

Battlefield as a whole has been one complete frustration & waste of money for me.

I tried BF2 first due to a room mate who used to play it. I got it, it took for frigg'n ever to install off the DVD, then patch, then install mods & extra content, then install the same patch again, then deal with rebinding my controls to something that was more logical with quicker response time, yet it was all run & gun except when you're blown up by arty, helicopters, tanks, APC's, bombs from jets, almost everytime and not much restriction for base r@ping. You spawn, you die, repeat.

BF42 was worse than Quake 1 & the only appeal was aircraft.

BC2 I didn't want to get burned again, yet I played 2 mins of it at my ex-room mate's and liked how it wasn't as arcade'y. I picked it up a couple of months back on the summer sale for pennies.

Less aircraft, more run & gun, more base r@ping, new players have no class equipment for a few levels, while lvl 50's ran around single shotting me with mag rounds and I'd unload a clip into their body armour.

Wow, how fun when one round in the chest from a sniper rifle just makes them run faster into cover & then head shot me with an LMG halfway across the map while standing.
Then all the things I see with BF3, with more glitches than RO2, no mod support, forcing you to install yet another Steam-like program & add more crap onto you system... oh which scans your entire system & shares your information, oh and if you so much as change the video settings the wrong way, they'll ban you & take away all of your EA games

Joy, where do I sign up for the **** probe Sarge?

Besides hacking/exploiting the game, Tripwire basically doesn't give two craps what you do with RO2.

Mod away, make what you want... and play a game that requires some thinking for once.

Wow! They're monsters

Your entire posts sums up into, I am not good at playing the battlefield series, and so I don't think its a good game.

- EA/DICE are in talks with getting BF3 on steam, and since the game runs through Battlelog, it doesn't matter what you use to get there. You don't even need to turn on origin if you don't want to.
-They do not scan your system and share information - use facts, not rumors
-They don't ban you for changing video settings, I don't know where you got that one from.

I will be playing on my clans no rules server, base rape if you can, its your teams responsibility to defend your own spawn. I don't like to be babied by stupid invisible boundaries on a map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As in BF3 even the shotgun at blackpoint ranges does not assure a kill and in RO you can get someone at 200m with the bolt... you must think of cover in a different way...
...but being able to spawn with your friend instead of "anywhere and under fire" in the Firefight mode of RO2 would be great...

Sorry I have to disagree. I can't stand it when I had someone pinned in BC2 and about to round the corner to finish them off...

When suddenly three of his palls magically appear around me & shank me like ninjas & take my dog tag bling....

Spawning on squad leader at least makes sense & gives the class some more importance, thus my limit of tolleration.

It's real poopy when you have fought over an objective for a long time, everybody is dead except you and one other enemy. You toss a grenade over his cover & just before he's blown up, several of his buddies (who were watching his character in the spawn pool & knew what I was doing & where) appear out of nowhere, kill me and take the objective.

and then I'm constantly killed by two tanks & two copters, one of which is my team's they stole from beside me in spawn.

Well that's a hoot, because they also have three guys behind the fence killing me & being spawn points.

I can not justify that being in RO. At least if someone gets the squad leader, you stand a chance at holding off the other team until they can run back to the cap with reinforcements.

It's a balance between both worlds & it's a very tricky balance imo.

Upvote 0
Every time someone says something positive about BF3 I give it another go, thinking "Maybe I am being wrong", I do try but:
1) Being hemmed in at where spawn sucks, really ****ing sucks and its getting more common once the defenders at metro know that should be the ones attacking.
2) The fire fights are not longer, if you think this way I then you have not ran into the F2000, all what the ****er has to do is crack off a few shots and your dead.
3) Semi-automatics are insane and with the scopes removed are able to hide in...
4) The ****ing bushes, the defenders are all in them and the attacks need to use them to have some chance of winning.
5) Everything bad people say about the guns RO2 are nothing next the ones in BF3, again, I was able to crack off head shots with the UMP and once people learn how to use the OP guns its going to be a nightmare.
6) Lack of spawn protection, want a protip? If you last MMCOM is gonna blow up then hang back for a little as the attacks spawn then moves up, then move around at will killing spawning players for lots of kill...

[EDIT]
*Holy rises his right eyebrow*

Why do people make topics that they'll go to play RO2/BF3 instead of BF3/RO2? Who cares? Just do it and spare the other people, who actually enjoy their RO2/BF3 game, such topics.
I don't dislike any BF player but alot people keep on saying how its the next coming of christ when its a flawed game, I hoping they fix it so it becomes a flawed gem but its so annoying...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your entire posts sums up into, I am not good at playing the battlefield series, and so I don't think its a good game.

Actually, I made it up to staff sgt. on both bf2 & bc2 in about two weeks while only playing a couple of hours here and there, but by that time I got bored or fed up with the constant spam fest. If I want that, i'll play TF2... at least it makes me laugh.

- EA/DICE are in talks with getting BF3 on steam, and since the game runs through Battlelog, it doesn't matter what you use to get there. You don't even need to turn on origin if you don't want to.
-They do not scan your system and share information - use facts, not rumors

I read their disclaimer, it's very clear what it states. And whether they share your information to advertisers or the police, they're still sharing it.

-They don't ban you for changing video settings, I don't know where you got that one from.

It was an exaggerated nod to my previous post about changing the player count, try and keep up.

I will be playing on my clans no rules server, base rape if you can, its your teams responsibility to defend your own spawn.

Yeah & constantly killing people before they even know where they spawned and can defend themselves, is fun?

nice, and that's one of the other reasons why I hate the game.

That and how it took me two weeks to get it to run properly & have my unlocks, only a couple of months ago. How old is BC2 again?

I don't like to be babied by stupid invisible boundaries on a map.

You still have invisible boundaries in BF you know?

oh but you don't like how you can't just rack up your stats by base r@ping people by spamming right at their spawn before they have a chance to get their bearings & defend themselves somehow. And if all you're doing is spawning & dying for 30 mins, wtf is the point in playing?

If that makes me "not good" at the game.. darn.

Upvote 0
Only a few days left,and I think it'll take some time to fix all those bugs.So DICE has a lot to do,good luck for them.

Seriously,the whole hit detection and damage system is ****ed.There are already hundreds of bugs in a single map(which is probably the smallest of 9)

True and they have not even put the other maps up to test, wow what another mistake of a long list that Dice does with there games, they are always released with months of patches to get it even really playable and then walk away from the game when the next one comes out leaving it broke. I have seen this for 10 years now, and this is why in my opinion I will not buy this game, they have screwed me over too many times for me to dump $60.00 more dollars in their pocket.

Another thing is a whole lot of people have pre-ordered this game (BF3) and that is fine, so it will be alot of people wanting to play it on release day, but the servers cost $200.00 for a 64 slot server a month (conquest is 64 slot and rush is 32 slot), unless you pre-order the server you can get it half off, so I wonder just how many clans or communities out there can afford this kind of money dished out a month, and if they do I guarantee you they will be playing their server and any slots left will be taken fast.

Upvote 0
True and they have not even put the other maps up to test, wow what another mistake of a long list that Dice does with there games, they are always released with months of patches to get it even really playable and then walk away from the game when the next one comes out leaving it broke. I have seen this for 10 years now, and this is why in my opinion I will not buy this game, they have screwed me over too many times for me to dump $60.00 more dollars in their pocket.

Another thing is a whole lot of people have pre-ordered this game (BF3) and that is fine, so it will be alot of people wanting to play it on release day, but the servers cost $200.00 for a 64 slot server a month (conquest is 64 slot and rush is 32 slot), unless you pre-order the server you can get it half off, so I wonder just how many clans or communities out there can afford this kind of money dished out a month, and if they do I guarantee you they will be playing their server and any slots left will be taken fast.

The clan I am in is planning to purchase 8-9 64 slot servers with a server box.

EDIT: The server prices are only a little more than BFBC2...

For what its worth, EA/Dice still support their older games, if I am correct, a few months ago a BF2 patch came out.

Also, and I am not sure how many times people have to say this, the beta build is over a month old, more like over two months old now.

I have pre-ordered every Battlefield game since 1942, and I have yet to get one that is "unplayable" at release. Sure they may have some bugs, but what games don't now-a-days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
83625efc-7518-4699-9589-d327a2c3d27b.jpg

Fry is not sure...neither am i =)

Upvote 0
Oh now i get it, dice released old beta version to get massive feedback on the issues they have already fixed.

They stated when the beta came out that the beta is ONLY to test the new server back-end and let server providers have a chance to see how many servers they can run from one server box.

Don't debate something if you don't know the facts

Upvote 0
What else did you want? Ok yes commander and 6 man squads. But what else?

- Mod support
- Commander
- Artillery
- In game squad mangement like BF2
- commo rose that can spot a enemy on minimap
- Commo rose
- NO flashlight on sniper lens
- NO smoke trails behind bullets
- NO glowing tracer on grenades
- Realistic bullet damage
- In game server browser
- No add on from origin to my internet exployer that tracks, logs and reports my web surfing habits 24/7
- Grafics that do not look like a console
- A mini map that actually can be read and works
- No 3d markers over enemy heads
- did i say commander, artillery and in game squad management?
- Capture the flag ONLY.
- Single player with open maps and bots.
- Mod support
- faces on the enemy soldiers
- At least 3 grenades per soldier
- No automatic health regen of soldiers of vehicles
- Nothing even romotely connected to Bad Company2

Last edited:
Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
- Mod support - Sadly not going to happen
- Commander - Also sadly not going to be in
- Artillery - Squad leaders will have this function
- In game squad mangement like BF2 - Going to happen
- commo rose that can spot a enemy on minimap - Not needed with 3d spotting, would be a nice alternative
- Commo rose - It is... read more often
- NO flashlight on sniper lens - It balances the snipers nicely, perhaps toned down a bit, but not taken away
- NO smoke trails behind bullets - Never noticed this...
- NO glowing tracer on grenades - Perhaps in server options
- Realistic bullet damage - Hardcore mode is sure to happen
- In game server browser - No need, battlelog is just fine - get over it
- No add on from origin to my internet exployer that tracks, logs and reports my web surfing habits 24/7 - there is no such thing, stop listening to rumors
- Grafics that do not look like a console - They don't... Ultra is only offered on PC, and even on high they are on par with Far Cry or Crysis
- A mini map that actually can be read and works - works fine for me
- No 3d markers over enemy heads - only going to happen when they are in line of sight, they will go away when the spotted person goes behind cover.
- did i say commander, artillery and in game squad management? - Yes... you did
- Capture the flag ONLY. - Why not have options, all maps have all 5 game modes.
- Single player with open maps and bots. - Why.... no one played the SP for previous battlefield games (pre-BFBC2)
- Mod support - Already stated
- faces on the enemy soldiers - What? They do...
- At least 3 grenades per soldier - Not really a fan of nade spam, one nade makes you think of when to use it.
- No automatic health regen of soldiers of vehicles - Not my cup of tea, but not a deal breaker by any means either.
- Nothing even romotely connected to Bad Company2 - BFBC2 wasn't the best, but it also wasn't by any means the worst FPS ever.
\

see above

Well that's why people debate stuff, if everyone had the facts then no would debate anything?

toshay

Last edited:
Upvote 0