• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

fausts

vbloke

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Hi,
did a search and couldnt find anything on this.
Are there any plans to put the panserfausts back into the game?
I remember they used to be fun in RO - and handy boxes of them lying around...
Was just thinkning as i was getting pwnd as non anti tank soldier - how much i would give for a box of fausts right now...
:IS2:

Panzerfaust is a '43 weapon

"Several designations of this weapon were in use, amongst which Faustpatrone 1 or Panzerfaust 30 klein; however, it was common to refer to this weapon simply as the Faustpatrone. Of the earlier model, 20,000 were ordered and the first 500 Faustpatronen were delivered by the manufacturer, HASAG Hugo Schneider AG, Werk Schlieben, in August 1943."

Upvote 0
What about some AT rifles other than captured Soviet models?

The PTRS was the most powerful AT rifle of the war... perhaps (possibly) with the exception of the Lahti 20mm. So there wouldn't be much point because the germans would have used the large number of captured models in favor of their own

The comparable german AT rifles were quite considerably inferior, presumably because they relied on their superior tanks to deal with enemy armor, and started to invest in HEAT munitions, so never bothered to improve upon the rifles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday i got 2 panzers in the map commissars house with my
at stuff. I don`t really miss a panzerfaust.

yeah my point is that there isnt any AT stuff for non AT troops lying around.
therefore if you see a tank you are dead (unless you are AT)

Also the fausts were fun as they kinda went where they wanted to go....

not being a historian i didnt know they werent in stalingrad - sorry.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Just put the Panzerfaust in for the Axis team, as well as the Schrek. They already have large amounts of assault rifles and semi-automatic rifles, way more than there ever was at Stalingrad (if the battle ever even saw 1 single Mkb is anybodys guess), so the game isn't really about what was and wasn't created at the time of the battle, but what they want to put in.

Just put 'em in.

Upvote 0
yeah my point is that there isnt any AT stuff for non AT troops lying around.
therefore if you see a tank you are dead (unless you are AT)

Also the fausts were fun as they kinda went where they wanted to go....

not being a historian i didnt know they werent in stalingrad - sorry.

That`s also in real life.

Upvote 0
I know both the Germans and Soviets had their own single-shot bolt action designs, perhaps something to add later once other matters are taken care off. I believe the Germans used other captured AT rifles as well.

Both sides used polish Wz.35 AT rifle captured in Poland in 1939, and polish grenade launcher. Guys working on the mod "First to Fight" already baked 3D model of grenade launcher ^^

Reactions: vbloke
Upvote 0
The PTRS was the most powerful AT rifle of the war... perhaps (possibly) with the exception of the Lahti 20mm.
Incorrect. The PTRS is a mere childs toy compared to the 2.8 cm sPzB 41 AT rifle.

Dayve said:
Just put the Panzerfaust in for the Axis team, as well as the Schrek. They already have large amounts of assault rifles and semi-automatic rifles
+1

Last edited:
Upvote 0