• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stats Reset Coming

Stat reset, and working stats are the best thing that happend.

Great fix btw. Have been waiting for this......

what are your future plans to fix or add? :confused:
A frequently updated dev blog could be useful to reduce speculations and conspiracy theories.. and very interesting to read, to see whats going on behind the scenes.. :D

Upvote 0
No issues here, the reset was always going to happen the second things starting going haywire.

I don't even care about losing some legitimate achievements with the reset, some of them are nice wee touches pointing out something actually special, but for the most part games built in achievements are nothing more than "well done you won a game."

*begin "back in my day" speech about when players came up with their OWN achievements to try and get*

Upvote 0
Honestly id say that's one thing you Tripwire guys does best of all.

You listen, react, interact and respond to/with the community that's the future of game developing!

Most companies have hired public relations experts to chat with the community and in reality they always end up with their hands tied and their mouths gagged leaving us the community with an empty feeling of being supportive of a huge mass production corporation with little time for the consumer.

This actually responding to the community is good for business on all fronts and it keeps us happy campers!

Kudos to you!

Thx for the fix and reset! :)

Upvote 0
Can you make the double xp bonus limited by "time played" instead of by actual time. I won't have time to play for 3 weeks and having to grind towards the ppsh drum again at normal rate would really suck...
getting double xp for 30 hours played or so is the correct way.. and will give everyone the same chance .. or we will see an abundance of heroes in 3-5 days again.

Because:
Lots and lots of ppl never sleep or eat, and play games(even this) in an obsessive way..sometimes 20+ hours a day .
.. its sad... What they really need is intense professional help and monitoring, at the closest lunatic asylum..

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to prod you here, but you did read the whole post I made right? Your going to get double XP for a while to get you back up to where you were at before the reset. So for example if you play 30 more hours at double XP, your going to have the XP of someone that played for 60 hours. So at the end of the day you actually won't have lost anything. And if you play MORE during the double XP, you can actually get ahead of where you would have been :)

Eh, my first post here about not wanting to play anymore was made in a fit of immature rage (combined with flu), of course I'll still be playing RO2.

I appreciate your replies. While I'm still not happy about seeing 30 hours go down the drain, I still enjoyed the time I spent playing and having fun.

I guess what I really wanted to say is that I never would feel like playing a game is "work" if there were no stats. If there was no opportunity to unlock something or have an advantage, I would just play the game normally and probably have a lot more fun. But with all of these games today having these stats and unlocks systems, I spend less time enjoying the game and more time worrying about unlocks. It's just how my brain works. Yet, it's so refreshing for me to go back to an older game like Battlefield 1942 where I can just play, and all my options are already there.

Regardless of anything else, I think you guys did a great job with the game. Now, give me a firm time table as to when this update is coming out so I can take full advantage of the double XP! :D

Reactions: Golf33 and Nenjin
Upvote 0
PS. You guys [Read some players] should suck it up and stop spamming the forum with this useless crying self-pitying BS.

We don't care. You are not gonna change nothing besides getting the rest of us pissed off and it should have been pretty obvious to any half-wit that this reset was coming, so stop your whining, save it for someone who cares.

Upvote 0
PS. You guys [Read some players] should suck it up and stop spamming the forum with this useless crying self-pitying BS.

We don't care. You are not gonna change nothing besides getting the rest of us pissed off and it should have been pretty obvious to any half-wit that this reset was coming, so stop your whining, save it for someone who cares.

Your opinion = not everyone's. :cool:

Upvote 0
I came here expecting MASSIVE stats whoring whinage but I am surpised by the low ammount of kiddies whining about their OMG MY PRECIOUS STATS.

I'm getting proud of the TWI community again :p

BTW good work TWI.

same could be said about all the whining done by people wanting a stats reset.

JerrySmacker

probably not a good idea to call others half-wits while using a double negative in the same post. Just saying.

Upvote 0
same could be said about all the whining done by people wanting a stats reset.

JerrySmacker

probably not a good idea to call others half-wits while using a double negative in the same post. Just saying.

You should double as my English tutor, maybe you could teach me some of the very intriguing logic surrounding Double negative and then perhaps some day i will be able to express my opinion to "half-wits" in a proper and correct manner.

Upvote 0