• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] 0 servers appearing. Already tried masterserver fix

Hi all,

I can't find servers yet I see the number of visible players. I didn't change any filters in game, I tried switching off firewall without any change. I downloaded the vdf masterserver files as suggested on TWI forums. This worked a few months back for Killing Floor but it hasn't done anything for RO". The game then stopped istself starting alltogether, got a rogame.exe error amongst other programme issues on my PC so I re-installed windows.

Now I'm still getting the 0 server error. When I copy the new vdf files and I go to set them as "read only" there was a message below saying these files were from another computer and had an unblock option. I don't recall seeing this when I used this solution for Killing Floor, however this option, when ticked and pressing ok or apply doesn't save when i re-check it.

Killing Floor still works however when I re-installed it and shows servers fine. I tried playing RO2 on my laptop as it works fine using my workplaces WiFi, take it home and it can't connect either. So i tried turning the router off for 1 min and switching it back on again but it hasn't helped.

Any fixes or suggestions?

Ed

Last edited:
Same for me they aren't helping. I tried my pay as you go wireless dongle and it found servers no problem, only issue with that is the catastrophic ping, lag and everything else it experiences in game and I simply can't handle going from one of the lowest pings in game with my usual connection to treble everyone elses with the wireless dongle. It seems to suggest it's still a router issue but i'm stumped on how to fix it.

Ed

Upvote 0
Only one server showing for me, but I can see many in the Steam Server browser. I noticed my game updated sometime today, so I did the Verify Game Cache thing and no errors. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: **SOLVED** I deleted the files in my My Games\\ROConfig folder and let the game recreate them. I can see all servers now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had this problem since getting game 3 weeks ago. I dont play anymore as took me about 30mins to connect via a steam server. Just checking back to see if there is a solution.... it seems not. v. unhappy with this game, posted numerous times and no support from Tripwire, yes I know they are busy but its been 3 weeks and as can be seen from this thread I am not the only one :(

All we get is a sticky with a fix that eveyone with this problem has tried but solves nothing.

Upvote 0
Me too...
I've played all week, no problems yesterday, since today: 1 server in the serverbrowser.
WTF?!!!

Have TW today the game updated?!
or steam ?

THIS WORKS THX

Here is what you have to change in your config files to make it work again:

Open ROEngine.ini, and change the following lines:

Find:

GameVersion=1.0.0.7
Patch=12

and change to:

GameVersion=1.0.0.6
Patch=11