• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

The Germans invented a word for this (who else could?):

Schadenfreude.

motivator98ecd6f0c924c8.jpg

Upvote 0
Man, it sounds like you need to get out and take a holiday for a weekend somewhere sunny and pleasant... something I'd highly recommend when everything feels just plain ****ty.

Get out of the same-old-same-old for a few days, see some new sights, meet some new people.
The sucky parts are that my two best friends are having bad times as well and also I can't even be like "screw this reallife ****, I'll stick to ps3/pc gaming for 3 days) because I'm not in the mood for that at all, in fact i'm not really motivated for anything but sleeping or getting drunk right now.

Upvote 0
I had to get my rat Valentino put down today, his back legs have been giving him trouble for over a month now and since yesterday he was just curled up in a ball in his house not able to move. I didn't think I would feel this bad but tbh im shattered. Weve had 3 rats pass now this year and Val was the last. I can't even find a pic pf him on my pc :(.

Last edited:
Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
Got busted for fishing in a fish sanctuary.... $125! We thought that section of the river was no longer a fish sanctuary after discussing it with a Conservation Officer earlier this year. (Asshole!) Also another $125 ticket for open alcohol.

There is something so wrong about a group of men fining another group of men for having a beer while fishing... and to me, that is the real crime. Not to mention they dumped out the beers that weren't even open..... I had to look away for fear I would cry. What a waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are always the good times to remember... right?

Of course, countless really. Not sure if it makes it better or worse though.

We spoke again today and talked about whether we actually wanted this and now we've downgraded to a simple break instead of an actual split. Probably just hiding from the truth, but the idea of having the option of getting back together helps alot.

Meh, i feel better now I've got that out

Reactions: doomis
Upvote 0
My best friend's girlfriend's Mother, who is now about 50ish... Is most probably going to die soon.

She collapsed straight to a coma last week, Doctors FINALLY figured out why.... Stroke caused by a lung cancer.

Yes she was a smoker.

But a really good women, a great mother, a fun character who was always there for everyone.

And here, we are all powerless to do anything to save her.

I try to clear my mind... so I am working... well sort of. I am a tech.
So I decided to rebuild my computer with the parts of my Bitcoin harvesting machine... That economy crashed so... why not.

Going from

Phenom 965
Asus M3A78EM (AM2+)
2x2 gigs ram ddr2- 800
GTX260

To

Phenom 965
GA-990XA-UD3
4x2 Gigs Ram DDR3-1333
Radeon 5850 overclocked.
I have a second one I can crossfire... but I rather rebuild the bitcoin machine and have it harvest with 1 card... just in case.

Long story short.

I have 1 500gig WD Black as C
I have 2 1500Gig WD Green as D - Raid1

Without thinking I only backed up my documents and red orchestra 2.
I scrapped my PST that was a few gigs and had much history and most importantly INVOICES I had to keep.

The new motherboard detected my Raid1 perfectly, and windows 7 scandisk found it all corrupt so whipped both disks... about a terrabyte of goodies...

Next thing you know my RO2 that worked flawlessly will run far worse then it did before...

All in all, what I just said about my "work" or failior to get it done properly even as a tech...

It's all f***ing pointless because someone I care for is in such a condition.... Computer can F***ing explode for all I care.

I wish there was a cure for cancer and cigarettes where banned.
Oww wait... there are quite a few potential cures for cancer that can save many... but they don't make money for the sons of *****s
(Cancer generates half a trillion $ for pharmaceutical companies)

Here is an interesting video
DCA - Cancer Cure Discovered - But YOU can't have it.... - YouTube
Cancer is finally cured in Canada but Big Pharma has no interest, watch it 'till the end! - YouTube
Can't guaranty if it's true... but makes good sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Permanent Marker a number of cures for cancer that are all more effective than chemo ( 8 % success rate ) have been discovered, but none can be patented and protected in order to ensure maximum profits.

Hemp oil ( with THC ) being one of them. I know of a few people who have had very bad cancer, to the point where you are told "3 months, dont bother with chemo", that have been completely cured by hemp oil.

I know exactly how you feel about being powerless though, my aunt has cancer ATM, however its looking like she will make it. ( Never really know though )
now to watch your videos.

Upvote 0
Lung cancer is pretty much a done deal. My Dad died of it. He did the chemo thing....all chemo really did was make him feel bad 6 days of the week and gave him a couple of months. Surgery would have given him maybe 18-24 more months, 12 of those months would've been recuperating from the surgery and he would have had to carry an oxygen bottle around for the remainder. He didn't see any upside to surgery.......

If THC is the answer, then I'm golden. I should have enough running through my system from the '60's and 70's to be immune from any and all. (That is if I don't get lung cancer from inhaling so much of it....:eek:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If THC is the answer, then I'm golden. I should have enough running through my system from the '60's and 70's to be immune from any and all. (That is if I don't get lung cancer from inhaling so much of it....:eek:)

I feel badly for permanent marker's acquaintance too but, like Floyd, I kinda perked up a bit when I read that about hemp oil. :eek:

Upvote 0
Man, I am floored.. first Frazier, now Heavy D.

Frazier had willpower and heart like no other. Some might say to a fault in reference to the grudge he held towards Ali all those years. The 'Thrilla in Manila' will forever be a testament of how deep and how far a man's will can drive, and in the end, define one's existence.

Rest in Peace, Champ..
5oWaD.jpg

Heavy D is someone who's music I have been listening to for years. His style was always a bit more pop, leaning toward the commercial side of things, but always top quality. He treated women with respect in his music, which as everyone knows, isnt the norm amongst the greater set of his peers. His music had an uplifting quality and rarely if ever do you hear cussing in one of his tracks. A musician who lived on the positive side of life. I'm really crushed to see him go so young at 44. One of the good guys..

Rest in Peace, D..
FiDuo.jpg

I'm sorry this video is VEVO, which means a commercial to watch, but it's one of his better songs imo; dealing with a situation I, and I'm sure countless other people, have dealt with -

Heavy D & The Boyz - Got Me Waiting - YouTube

popup --> [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cRKfrtyz3sg&fmt=18"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cRKfrtyz3sg&fmt=18"][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cRKfrtyz3sg&fmt=18[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Upvote 0
I am such a Donkey !

Earlier besides a tragedy, I mentioned that I redid my computer and lost a huge part of my data.

2x1.5Terra Raid1 Mirror

Was corrupted due to the motherboard change.

I set my options to IDE, so now I see both harddrives.

I had one of them perfect, the other... corrupted.

I formatted the corrupted harddrive, happy that the other one had everything.

Then... I get stupid and tried to repair my raid...

By doing so... Like an idiot... I corrupted my other drive...

And like the freaking moron that I am... I didn't back up at least my Company data... with information that dates 3 freaking years.

I had it all in usb key, that I would sync to my Raid1 drive.

I whipped out my usb key to make a bootable hackentosh cd... just for the fun of it...

And now I lost the safe copy like a donkey...

Stellar Phoenix found my 1.2 terra of information... IN LOST FOLDERS.
So recovery will take 2 days, than I have to resort thousands of files...

No facepalm can suffice to how I screwed myself up.

Upvote 0