• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Red Oktober: Saper targets

Rrralphster

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Nederland
I marked this screenshot with targets for Sapers ( Russian Engineer) that make life for the German Army a lot harder on this map.

RedOktoberoverview.jpg

I can't remember the names of the capzones (... yeah, the welding shed...)
Maybe someone can help out naming them.

Excellent find, I thought this wasn't implemented in any maps yet. I can totally see how this makes the map more viable for the soviets. Without these new routes it is very hard to win before lockdown, but now the genious of this map becomes apparent to me.

I had already deduced that this map needs skilled Soviet tankers to clear a path for the infantry, but the buildings themselves had very limited avenues of approach making a constant push hard to achieve. Being able to knock down doors with satchel charges makes a lot of sense, it makes it easier to swarm objectives and beat the very tight lockdown timer.

Upvote 0
Found quite a few of these spots now.. theres some good ones on pavlovs house as well to help both sides

God job of screen shotting and highlighting them, hopefully someone will do this for all of them?

Hmm on second thoughts id rather keep it a secret so the enemy dont realise how we are getting in so easily :D

Upvote 0
Great work for marking this up, I always heard about destroyable points on maps but never knew where to look. Perhaps TWI could implement a system for the Engineer classes to see what can be blown up (viewable either via the tactical display, or the map; preference being for the tactical display). Would help a lot of Engineers out with helping that class know where they need to go to create additional "routes" for their team (possibly award points for Engineers doing their job, too!).

Upvote 0
Great work for marking this up, I always heard about destroyable points on maps but never knew where to look. Perhaps TWI could implement a system for the Engineer classes to see what can be blown up (viewable either via the tactical display, or the map; preference being for the tactical display). Would help a lot of Engineers out with helping that class know where they need to go to create additional "routes" for their team (possibly award points for Engineers doing their job, too!).

You get points for what TWI call Objects you destroy (so that is taken care of already)
That idea about showing "objects" in the tactical screen is a great idea b.t.w.

Upvote 0
Actually some objectives are specifically marked for engineers, only just not as obvious as in RO1. The easiest to spot example is how the welding station on RedOktober is marked as "Destroy" rather than "Attack", and you get team points for blowing new enterances through the walls. This applies for both teams it seems.

Upvote 0