• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

11X2x.png

Im not playing RO2 at the moment. Arty sound makes the game unplayable for me... and I don't know, tha lack of "realistic" feel that RO:OST had :(

Upvote 0
I'm quite sure the main reasons of the decline are performance problems and the broken stats.
The number of RO vets, who are disappointed because this is not Red Orchestra Ost with all the great custom maps or Darkest Hour 2 can't be that that high.

And there are most likely many people who wanted to try a different kind of shooter but just didn't like it.

Upvote 0
Because all new games don't have a period of huge activity that eventually declines to a point and levels out. :rolleyes:

I swear this forum is becoming a place for people to do nothing but find another reason to rip on Tripwire.

Next time you're interested, check out the numbers for any other new game, and see how loads play it the first few days/weeks, then watch it decline as people get their fix. It's nothing unique to RO2.

Upvote 0
Because all new games don't have a period of huge activity that eventually declines to a point and levels out. :rolleyes:

I swear this forum is becoming a place for people to do nothing but find another reason to rip on Tripwire.

Next time you're interested, check out the numbers for any other new game, and see how loads play it the first few days/weeks, then watch it decline as people get their fix. It's nothing unique to RO2.

It seems like you CAN play the game. Good for you :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
People vote with their feet (and money).
I kinda feel sorry for TWI cos they put so much time and effort to this game. But what did they expect to happen when they release half-done game and with the intention to please as wide audience as possible which seems not to please either the arcade base nor the immersion (realism) player base to the extent of their preconceived ideas how the game would be.

I put my faith on mod teams, which was the reason i bought the game in the first place. The potential is huge. "If you mod it, they will come" :)

THE KINGSTON TRIO ~ Where Have All The Flowers Gone ~ - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How old are you?

A couple of old time whiners get the boot and it's the martyr treatment, god these forums are hilarious!

People love a martyr, regardless of how unreasonably they behave.

It'll only snowball from here really. Soon enough (if not already) there will be an organized group of people out to grief the RO forums with more anti Tripwire trolling and/or spam.

Upvote 0
I'm a ROOST vet and I won't deny that ROOST was hella fun. But tbh, once RO2 gets bugs fixed and more maps/vehicles I think it will be the better game. RO2 is much easier to learn and play, but keeps the gameplay elements that I loved about ROOST. People whinge and whine about all sorts of nit picky bits and pieces, but, at the end of the day, I have a hell of a lot of fun playing this game. It will definitely improve, bugs will be fixed, tactics and teamplay will flourish, and new content will be abundant. RO2 will be around for a long time to come.

Reactions: clambo
Upvote 0
I noticed that there is a less servers yesterday, but wtf, i choose best one and played MG the whole time. Except the ussual cant deploy, middle of a window **** and few headshots im my head as a result of that i had my moments. I even ended first one round. Teammates were good, and it was ok. But just ok - RO1 was better game ( and still is )

Upvote 0
Im noticing a huge drop off in players too,ive watched my steam friends list closely this week at peak hours and out of the 23 friends that bought RO2 nobody was playing.
Personally i still enjoy the game but a certain other games beta has my pulse racing while playing the lat few days.
Quite a few of my friends that bought RO2 are alsoplaying it and enjoying it immensely.
It hate to say it but its like when brink was released, loads playing for a while then a dramatic drop off.

Upvote 0
It hate to say it but its like when brink was released, loads playing for a while then a dramatic drop off.
I hope not. All depends how quick the devs fix the bugs. But BRINK did have a major problem that the server would not stay up for more than a couple of hours. Absolute pain if you were hosting a BRINK server. Haven't had that pain with RO2.

Upvote 0
Here are the reasons:
1. The ping is horrible and messed up. i have about 60ms ping in eastern european server on all games, in RO2 it's 200 and in RO2 server browser it's 140. why?
2. unbalanced maps and weapons are still here. yes, TW balanced the game a bit, but the russians still can't win the factory map, the MP-40 is still superior etc
3. Not all bugs and glitches are fixed. yesterday i couldn't shoot when i clicked the mouse a couple of times - i closed the game.
4. Stats are not yet fixed. sometimes i am level 70, sometimes 3, sometimes i have the bayonet, sometimes not...

I belive if TW will keep working hard on fixes and improvements, players will come back to enjoy the best FPS and the best WW2 game out there. then they will recommend to their friends, make videos and other players will come in to.

Reactions: DarknRahl
Upvote 0

The daily peak for RO2 is 1700 players away from KF.
KF has been around for 2 years. RO2, 2 weeks.

Upvote 0