• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Distraction due my own (loud) sounds?

ÜberSoldat

Sep 14, 2011
Anyone else feeling distracted due the loud sound your own character is making?

I'm not arguing because he's making any sound at all; I'm also not arguing that I can hear it. But it somehow feels so ... kind of loud or ever presenting, that I constantly have the feeling that someone is right next to me when it's only me.

Don't get me wrong, I find that behavior quite OK, but in this implementation I find it hard to concentrate on the sounds others are doing because mine are just too ever-present. I'd prefer them to be toned down a bit so I they're still audible but not too much as if someone is standing next to me.

thanks

I have this problem sometimes. I turn when aiming and my character makes foot step sounds and I "Jump"(Alert, not movement) because I think someone is sneaking up on me. :rolleyes:

I have these problems too, Your own footsteps are so loud, I look around often if someone is near me and I find myself alone.

This! Exactly, thanks for the better description. I can't number the times, when sneaking around in a house or so, where I jump up ...

It pushes my adrenaline way to much (like, being constantly

Upvote 0
one thing I've noticed though is how soft the volume of other soldiers footsteps is. Given the amount of crap lying around on the ground I would have expected a lot of reactive noise with each step of a soldiers boot (perhaps less so on a winter map and if the Soviets are wearing their ugg boots!).

The number of times I've been ambushed due to a soldier running into a room pretty much silently...

cheers

Upvote 0
The number of times I've been ambushed due to a soldier running into a room pretty much silently...

cheers

This! The way the sound is thrown, it often sounds as if someone is following you, you turn around and nobody's there ... you realise you're running 5 feet behind yourself. :D

I agree with Ernst, though, it's rather ridiculous that someone can sprint into the room you're in and silently bayonet you.

Upvote 0