• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

future of ro2

I blame nothing !

Well ok, harsh release, performance issues for some, mass whining on forums...

But then again, not that many people know Tripwire, Killing floor or RO1...

And people who know it, think:

BF3... I enjoyed BC2... or do I give this thing I don't know a try...

And many will stick to what they know.

I told my friend RO2... they tell me Battlefield3...
JETS, GRAPHICS and EPILEPTIC flash effects...

Tripwire also doesn't have millions to spend on mad marketing.

Want to help, Become an expert blogger, get known, get IN with thatguywiththeglasses.com or something and when RO will be perfect, make a nice 10 minute review on it showing how amazing it is.

I am ready to bet the number of active users will go up within the next 2 years, and the next title will have even more people.

I am looking forward to TWI polish to be done, performance issues solved and content update for stuff like halftracks and other balance fixes...

No worries here.

Upvote 0
Today (european time) the max amount of people playing RO was 3456 ... last week the peak was about 4500/5000 ... and after about 6000 /5000 ...

We started with about 10000 people playing having more people than L4D2 during the first days , now old (and some of them good) games as M&B Warband , DOD:S have more people playing than RO2 ... things aren't going well . We need a boost t hat could be the SDK release and a ton of custom maps ... I can't understand why the SDK was not released at the same time .

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I thought I would enjoy this game a lot - I even preordered it. The first week of release I could only manage playing for 20 or 30 minutes at a time. After the initial week I had clocked 6 hours, including single player.

Every few days I'll have another go, and come to the same result. I don't have fun with the game because of how frustrating the gameplay is. I don't feel like I'm adding anything to the sever - either I'm camping and killing people the instant I see them, or I die the instant someone does the same to me.
I want to work as a team and advance onto a point to capture it, but why bother when I'm going to die shortly after leaving my safety.

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
I want to work as a team and advance onto a point to capture it, but why bother when I'm going to die shortly after leaving my safety.

Hmm... that hasn't been my experience. In fact, I've been owning up all the old hands with the weapons they say are useless. Apparently sway affects them, but not me. Not sure how they came to that conclusion, but they have.

I also work with my team all the time, whether they are or not. Just follow your squad leader or gunner and try to keep him alive. Before long he'll want you around, and soon the rest of the squad will stick close too.

I have some vids on youtube where my whole squad are working together and actually winning the game, and we never said a word to each other on voip or text chat. Just by following my SL, I created the desire in the rest of squad to do the same, because it was safer for them to be close to us.

Too many people expect to have their hands held. They expect the game to FORCE them to play properly, and then refuse to even try to play properly unless it does. They complain about the autos, then use them themselves. They are the biggest cause of their own complaints.

But to them, it's always the game's fault.

See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/user/OnTheGunNZ

In one of those vids is a scene were I run into a stairwell to engage an enemy I know is around there somewhere. When I do, he's already in the stairwell in iron sights, pointing at me firing. I kept moving, which caused his sights to misalign while he was trying to track me, making him inaccurate, then killed him with a few bursts from the hip while on the move.

That is how I was taught to spoil an enemy's aim in the army. If you are not moving, there is no such thing as "sway" the way gamers think of it, so it's easy to hit you. But when the shooter has to move the weapon, even to track a running target, it immediately becomes less stable, and therefore less accurate. if you are in a proper firing position, the only movement the sights will do if you are aiming at a stationary target is straight up and down in time with the rise and fall of your chest when you breathe. The "sway" everyone is talking about is the inaccuracy of the weapon when the weapon is being moved to acquire a target, not once it is ON target. The way a soldier is taught to deal with "sway" is to fire quickly. When we were in training we only ever had two seconds to fire at the target before it went away, so you learn to bring the sight on to target and fire as quickly as possible.

Unlike target shooting, you fire the instant the sights are aiming at where you want the bullet to go. You do not have to worry about breathing etc. As long as you get good at moving the rifle from some random direction to centre mass of a target, rapidly and accurately, you will get kills.

This is what REAL soldiers do, and you guys don't even know about. That is why the game seems so hard for you. This game is actually realistic, so if you don't know the real ways to do things, rather than the game ways to do them (or even the civilian shooting range way to do them), you will die. A lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys the forums only make up 0.01 percent of the fanbase.

Truth is, were a bunch of whiners and run a gun unrealistic gameplay is what people want to play, not boring non-semi auto bull.

I want to be able to run around like a madman, stop on a dime, pull up mkb iron sights in nanosecond, and pawn nOObs, its whats im good at, its what I do best.

You guys are just jealous my xXxXsKiLLzXxXx

grow a pair and accept that are no good at video games or life

check out the gamepro ro2 review, that guy is pro, he knows that mkb 42 is pro and using it makes you pro.

Reactions: djw and Rumpullpus
Upvote 0
I am really concerned about the future of this awesome game...
I don`t know why, but now less then two weeks since its release i feel like the majority of those who bought it left...

Why do people make these threads? It sounds as if there is not a single soul playing. Don't be concerned and stop making these threads about "nobody is playing" when its untrue.

Upvote 0
Guys the forums only make up 0.01 percent of the fanbase.

Truth is, were a bunch of whiners and run a gun unrealistic gameplay is what people want to play, not boring non-semi auto bull.

I want to be able to run around like a madman, stop on a dime, pull up mkb iron sights in nanosecond, and pawn nOObs, its whats im good at, its what I do best.

You guys are just jealous my xXxXsKiLLzXxXx

grow a pair and accept that are no good at video games or life

check out the gamepro ro2 review, that guy is pro, he knows that mkb 42 is pro and using it makes you pro.

Then go and find another game. RO isn't supposed to appeal to your kind. You have lot's of game to choose from - hundreds - while we only have this game and arma. So don't tell people that it's good that the game gets dumbed down.

Upvote 0
They were told by the beta playing community not to release it until it had it's problems fixed.
BUT, they didn't listen.

It is a brilliant game, and should have been the shooter of the century, but you can't help thinking that they might have gone and blown any real chance the game had.

Upvote 0