• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No kill message servers... the way to go!

We want to go this way, it was the first thing we turned off

But...

TK's dont show and we have a rule to apologise when you tk, also admins need to see if it is a serial tk'er

I have posted requesting this function but didnt get a reply

This is true.. i made 2 TKs.. but both times i heard a voice say something like.. 'hey he's on our side' or similar. Which allowed me to know & apologise for both even without a message. Not sure if you get this every time though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am not sure if I like it too much. I played on one the other day and I was a regular Michael Wittmann in my PzKpfW4, and it was fairly obvious when I killed tanks. The problem was wen I switched to HE, I had no idea if I killed people behind cover or messed up and fragged my own guys. I also had no indication of who killed me so I could congratulate them.

Upvote 0
Glad some you you are enjoying it. :)

I like it on many occasions, but the amount of tking I received was just so horrendous.

I was looking at my own teammate who was across the street on different building, then he just blew my head away. It was only about 30m distance so it was very clear that he was on my side. No apologies either.

Not sure why no kill messages would increase TKs, can't see nor have i noticed a connection.

Upvote 0
Glad some you you are enjoying it. :)

Not sure why no kill messages would increase TKs, can't see nor have i noticed a connection.

Because some players think every tk they carelessly made was an enemy, with no notification to warn them that it was a team kill (except for the whole character yelling thing but I guess these guys just ignore those all together). So I would get tked on same spot by same guy :(

Upvote 0