• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Memoirs of a solider

The Kar 98k sounds only one way in real life. There is only 1 type of PPSH recoil.

Everyday there is new thread that shows how each specific weapon looked in real life. How most of the weapons were more realistic in Ostfront and they were made ridiculous in RO2. And then some guy like me said "Why fix something that was OK?"
Again so many questions.
Bye

1. I could show you hundreds of videos of Kar 98k's. And in every video it will sound different. You know, different recording devices and such...

2. First you are telling me that there is only 1 type of PPSh recoil, and then you are telling me that the weapons in Ostfront were more realistic?
Recoil in Ostfront is extremely exaggerated and the PPSh feels nothing like in real life.

3. Judging from you previous posts, I'm pretty sure you have no idea what I just wrote.

Reactions: viBe
Upvote 0
GaryColemanwtf.gif

Upvote 0
I remember writing about this months ago and explained why but only few of us would realise the truth

WHY would the GAME CHARACTER gain XP?????????????????????????

Cant YOU -the SOLDIER on your own gain experience by learning how to shoot each weapon, how to aim, how to handle the recoil, how to win a melee fights, how to direct your squadmembers?
know how to move around for better cover, teach yourself how to throw grenades farther? Why would the game CHARACTER do this automaticaly? Wheres the REALISM?Why arcade. Why....Why recon planes. Why arty without using radio...Why weapon sounds are pathetic compared to RO:OST and Darkest hour, and so on...
So much questions. And not a single reasoned answer.

Each one of us becomes hero for himself and his teammates. One will be hero assault trooper. Other will be excelent marksman. Third will know how to win the hardest fights as squad leader. We are humans for **** sake. WE have to learn, not our ingame "avatars"
I am sad.
And I play Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45& Darkest Hour. With all my comrades and my foes we enjoy the battle. We enjoy dying for the objective, each on of us charges to the capzone...

Long live Ostfront. Long live Darkest hour. Long live Tripwire and the work of all the guys that finished (and will finish) what tripwire started.

This is where my and your stories end. Our paths may not cross again. I may no longer write or even come here to share my toughts with you guys. Some of you may cry reading this. Others may laugh.
And as they say: 'Everyone has an opinion, but the truth remains only one."
Thank you.

September
Born from the night's dead womb
is the age-old wrath of the slave:
Scarlet and awesome his ire

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0