• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

not happy jane

Do this.

Buy a copy of world of warcraft. Install it. Let me know how many gigs it downloads and patches before its up to date.

Digital distribution is an efficient way to distribute up to date copies of your software. I don't know of any cable companies that charge you by the megabyte unless you are in the top 2 percent of bandwith users, in which case they charge you every gigabyte downloaded after repeated warnings which reset every month.

Upvote 0
He has a valid point. He's not complaining about Steam, he's complaining about how he bought a disc and Steam still downloads the game regardless.

Uh...the disc he bought?

I've had this happen with my Steam backups. I have a 1.5 Mbps connection, so it's really slow. So, when I went to reformat my computer, I backed up all my Steam games through the Steam backup tool. Well, it doesn't install them from the backup, it just redownloads them.

Derp time!

It just had to update. -.-

Upvote 0
Steam is a wonderful platform, not their fault your data plan is limited. :confused:

And money hungry? Probably the cheapest freshly released FPS on the market right now. It's $40?

Steam, a wonderful platform..good one. I'd be pissed off too if I bought a physical copy only to find out I need another 6 gig download, but if he would of done research...TWI download is obvious TWI download.

Upvote 0
im sorry if i offended anyone whith my posts, and you give a good arguement... but also so do i, i paid full price for a game, why should i then have to use my broadband download to download the game i just brought on a disc??

just makes no sense to sell the disc in the store when you going to have to download it from steam where you can buy it and downoad it, saves a lot of arguements.

on another note i wasnt calling the members of this forum idiots i was just letting a fuse off at the stupidity (in which is my point of view) on the whole point of selling a disc for a steam install for 50 dollars.

once again i am sorry for anyone who finds this offensive. i was just having a little free speech but i guess we dont get that choice anymore

Upvote 0
im sorry if i offended anyone whith my posts, and you give a good arguement... but also so do i, i paid full price for a game, why should i then have to use my broadband download to download the game i just brought on a disc??

just makes no sense to sell the disc in the store when you going to have to download it from steam where you can buy it and downoad it, saves a lot of arguements.

on another note i wasnt calling the members of this forum idiots i was just letting a fuse off at the stupidity (in which is my point of view) on the whole point of selling a disc for a steam install for 50 dollars.

once again i am sorry for anyone who finds this offensive. i was just having a little free speech but i guess we dont get that choice anymore
Go out and buy any EA game nowadays and they'll make you install Origin.
Deal with it bro

Upvote 0

It's funny the notions people have of "free speech." Free speech here in the states means you can say, or print, whatever you want (within some very broad boundaries) without being prosecuted by the government for it.

It DOES NOT mean that a private enterprise (such as, say, a message forum run by a game developer) has to provide you a platform to say, well, anything at all, to be frank. Walk into a radio station and tell them to put you on the air, in the name of "free speech." Let us know what they tell you.

Tripwire is pretty cool about letting people post their criticisms, however. You called them idiots, but still they left your post and just gave you a warning. All this because you had to download the game, which as people have pointed out, would be the case for pretty much any internet-based game these days. If anyone walked into the store and bought World of Warcraft right now, their download would be much worse. I know it kind of sucks if you haven't dealt with that before or are not expecting it, but that's how things have changed. jmo.

Upvote 0

You have the right to free speech, and I have the right to say really I mean really you start a tread to cry about the fact you have to use steam. Next time use should exercise your right to read and you wouldn't have this problem.

Upvote 0