• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed! A lot of us RO1 vets feel forgotten altogether in this new version of RO. It is almost as bad as an EA production. Our group is thinking about shutting down our Server until MOD makers come to implement the realistic feel of RO1.

I want to personally have control over what classes and how many per class and what weapons are allowed on my groups server. Those options just don't seem to appear.

Bad EA production? EA happens to make games that are excellent good sir. Just because you don't like those types of games doesn't make them bad.

RO1 wasn't realistic to begin with. Your argument is invalid.

Oh come on guys, like they care.According to Ramm we're %0.01 of the total RO players so our opinions are completely irrelevant.

It's been almost a week and no answer, though I'm not surprised after Ramm's post.

Pretty sure you're misinterpreting what Ramm is saying. Developers need to take feedback from forums like this with a grain of salt because they don't reflect the opinion of all players. People that post on forums tend to exaggerate just about anything that's wrong/good with the game.

For example after reading Ramm post you came to the conclusion that your feedback and opinion is irrelevant. Ramm did not say this; he said that they take into account the feedback, they "listen, investigate and change if they deem is necessary.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lol. You should be worried about the MP40/II not the MKB42 or the AVT.

There weren't alot of promises about the MP40/II, we knew they were going to be in the game, just not how and when. I figured if it there for balance it's allright for me, RO1 wasn't the most realistic game either. They did however tell us the mkb and AVT would be part of a hero system where one guy in the team would be chosen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh come on guys, like they care.According to Ramm we're %0.01 of the total RO players so our opinions are completely irrelevant.

It's been almost a week and no answer, though I'm not surprised after Ramm's post.
Well, given that our feedback now, and in years past, has been perceived as largely irrelevant, that would certainly explain how RO2 got to its current state ...

So, when the community complained about problems with RO1 that were later listened to and resolved by the TWI devs, was forum feedback for some reason more relevant then than it is now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [TW]Ramm-Jaeger
Actually I can deny this :) One of the worse mistakes you can make as a designer (and I am assuming you're a designer if your hanging out in the level design forums) is to assume that "everyone" feels the same way as you do. A small but vocal group of people on a gaming forum does not constitute "everyone". We made this mistake back in the early RO days. There was a feature in the game (I can't remember what it was) but "everyone" on the forums said they wanted it changed. Every time there was a poll 90%+ of people would say that they wanted it changed. So we listened to "everyone" and changed it. Guess what happened. As it turns out the real "everyone" (as in the masses playing the game) actually liked it how it was ORIGINALLY before we changed it. There was outrage in the general RO community, and a rash of people coming to the forums to express that they loved the feature the way that it was, and wanted it changed back. As it turned out about 90% of the people playing the game liked it and didn't want it changed.

Change anything and some will complain. Doesn't mean everyone who complains is wrong, but its not unusual for people to complain when anything is changed. I wonder how many actually came to the forum as well and how he can suggest 90% of the playerbase liked it how it was, consider the forum is only a small percentage of players apparently. Depends how the change is implemented too, it might just have been poorly implemented rather than being a bad idea in the first place, such as the pickup system. People wanted a better system I guess but not to have weapons even more awkward to pick up than in the first place. Anyone know what he's actually referring to and if it was enough to represent 99% of the actual player base?

I see where he's coming from though and agree to some extent. People like the game for different reasons and pleasing everyone isn't easy, but getting it wrong once shouldn't mean you then rule out all feedback on the forum. It shows trends in a particular groups thinking anyway.

I respect devs who don't bow down to pressure and take things slowly, but in terms of realism mode I think some experimentation can take place to gauge the wider game's opinion on things like rare weapons and class limits. Just make some tweaks to test the water. Or people can start modding but then they might rule out the devs and just do it themselves, which to me isn't that good for a game's community long term (too many different server types and devs end up with less control)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see where he's coming from though and agree to some extent. People like the game for different reasons and pleasing everyone isn't easy, but getting it wrong once should mean you then rule out all feedback on the forum. It shows trends in a particular groups thinking anyway.

Your quote from Ramm-Jaeger really made me question what's the point of these forums, or rather what Tripwire expects from them: I see the forums first and foremost as a place for feedback and constructive criticism about TW's games and the other functions forums have such as building and maintaining a community and so on are not as important when compared to trying to improve the products TW creates but Ramm-Jaeger seems to suggest here that that's not the case, that listening to feedback isn't worth the effort since it's utterly useless?

Are we just supposed to pat TW on their back and congratulate them on a job well done and hope that they know what's best for us all since we certainly don't know it or am I just missing something here?

Does anyone remember the feature Ramm-Jaeger is talking about here? All I can remember is the way we could enter ironsights midair while diving to ground which they eventually removed or maybe the momentum they added to character movement but that's about it.

Reactions: Nimsky and Tweek
Upvote 0
IF peeps read the quote from Ramm they'll probably be able to piece together TWI's current strategy.

They have rightly stated that the forum is NOT the majority of the community, but a vocal minority ( tis true ).

He did say changes were likely but only after sufficient data was collected, and they could make an accurate judgement with the whole of the community in mind.

While I like that explanation, It also seems the smallest bit hollow in the context of game modes that RO2 introduced. A new mode can always be added with little effect on the other modes, and used to test what players are really looking for. ( IE if you release a RO1 mode and in a few days 50% of the online pop is playing that mode....)
That does also take work, and they are quite busy now, so I get back to what I've said before.... be patient.

Upvote 0
Clearly noone from TWI is going to respond, so surely it's time to lock this thread?

No, I see this thread as the Batman sign on the roof of Gotham police. I'd like to remind them of what they've done, and that we're expecting some answers.

Does anyone remember the feature Ramm-Jaeger is talking about here? All I can remember is the way we could enter ironsights midair while diving to ground which they eventually removed or maybe the momentum they added to character movement but that's about it.

I've been active in these forums for 6 years and I really don't remember what he is talking about. The most major blunders were addition of the smoke grenades and changing native class rolenames to English.

Mootis said:
Pretty sure you're misinterpreting what Ramm is saying. Developers need to take feedback from forums like this with a grain of salt because they don't reflect the opinion of all players. People that post on forums tend to exaggerate just about anything that's wrong/good with the game.

IF peeps read the quote from Ramm they'll probably be able to piece together TWI's current strategy.

They have rightly stated that the forum is NOT the majority of the community, but a vocal minority ( tis true ).

I like what you are trying to say, that we are indeed a small "vocal" minority of the player base. One needs to look at something solid, countable rather than our silly opinions in these silly forums.

How about Steam stats? The game opened with 8500 players on the first night. After barely one week, it's down to 4500 and still dropping.

I think what the masses are thinking of the game is pretty clear to me.

Upvote 0
y4mU0.jpg

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by [TW]Ramm-Jaeger
Actually I can deny this :) One of the worse mistakes you can make as a [...] changed it. There was outrage in the general RO community, and a rash of people coming to the forums to express that they loved the feature the way that it was, and wanted it changed back. As it turned out about 90% of the people playing the game liked it and didn't want it changed.

So we will see rare weapons everywhere until the end...
Damn it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.