• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of "features"

Poerisija

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Recon plane is instantaneous, despite the promises it'd arrive with a delay. It appears on the edge of the map the instant you press the button, even before you hear your guy request it on the radio.

Hit confirmation sounds are still in and audible from up to two hundred meters. Probably even further. As in, you hit someone with a gun from a distance and you hear either a "ping" from the helmet (even from guys without helmets) or a "thud" from hitting their torso. Can be easily confirmed by shooting a corpse somewhere far out. You hear a "thud" each time a bullet hits a player model. Same with PTRS rounds hitting a tank - no matter the distance, you will always hear it.

Peripheral vision indicator only shows enemies. I abused this today by swinging my view wildly and spotting enemies with the indicator I wouldn't have spotted with my eyes, IE ones in deep shadows, behind vegetation OR EVEN SMOKE.

EDIT: Seems fixed as of now. I can now see friendlies as well in peripheral vision. All is well, except seeing them through smokes, but I can understand how hard it would be to fix.

Anyone got more to add to the list?

Edit: Lack of wound decals. Not sure if it's just my end but I never see wound decals. Either full-off blown limbs or a clean shaved guy in a pool of blood with no visible wounds.

Last edited:
Recon plane is instantaneous, despite the promises it'd arrive with a delay. It appears on the edge of the map the instant you press the button, even before you hear your guy request it on the radio.

Hit confirmation sounds are still in and audible from up to two hundred meters. Probably even further. As in, you hit someone with a gun from a distance and you hear either a "ping" from the helmet (even from guys without helmets) or a "thud" from hitting their torso. Can be easily confirmed by shooting a corpse somewhere far out. You hear a "thud" each time a bullet hits a player model. Same with PTRS rounds hitting a tank - no matter the distance, you will always hear it.

Peripheral vision indicator only shows enemies. I abused this today by swinging my view wildly and spotting enemies with the indicator I wouldn't have spotted with my eyes, IE ones in deep shadows, behind vegetation OR EVEN SMOKE.

Anyone got more to add to the list?

Edit: Lack of wound decals. Not sure if it's just my end but I never see wound decals. Either full-off blown limbs or a clean shaved guy in a pool of blood with no visible wounds.

The peripheral vision indicators show friendlies for me too

and i have wound and bullet decals

8B6B2E0D4330103C3DAF2ECA7B04610BF3A825B6

D3A2D062F92C93A9591A717651266BDB4ACFE769

0BBBFD90364457D304CBAC29950DF7E6D3F16520

Upvote 0
Peripheral vision indicators only show enemies. I tested both on relaxed and total realism servers.

What graphical options are you using? Maybe the only show up on "ultra"-settings. I'd love to see them myself, and I think I can crank up one or two settings to ultra that's what it takes to see wounds.

Upvote 0
To be honest I prefer the peripheral vision indicators only showing enemies, if they appeared everytime anything was moving to the left or right they would constantly be there and would just get ignored as a result.
I know they still show enemies up when they are in cover but the point is they are still in cover and it will take you extra time to pinpoint them (giving the enemy more chance to have shot you first.
As for the swinging the camera wildly from side to side to spot hidden enemies, I have never tried but I don't think there is a lot they can do about it, I guess its just abusing a feature of the game intended to bring in a little more realism.

Anyway thats my 2 pence.

Upvote 0
To be honest I prefer the peripheral vision indicators only showing enemies, if they appeared everytime anything was moving to the left or right they would constantly be there and would just get ignored as a result.
I know they still show enemies up when they are in cover but the point is they are still in cover and it will take you extra time to pinpoint them (giving the enemy more chance to have shot you first.
As for the swinging the camera wildly from side to side to spot hidden enemies, I have never tried but I don't think there is a lot they can do about it, I guess its just abusing a feature of the game intended to bring in a little more realism.

Anyway thats my 2 pence.
This game is not about some HUD elemnt showing you the enemy, its about raw realism and infantry combat. So the indicators should show everything that moves in your view but the player should decide andn ot some HUD

Upvote 0
None of that stuff should have been included in the game.

Resources saved could have been put into WW2 combat features, not ahistorical carebear items.

Wargamers need the puzzle of combat. FPS players need targets presented to them at a fast pace.

By trying to cater to both, the game fails both. This will be a very interesting dynamic when the competing games come out and only the core RO community is left.

Upvote 0
Ditto. I prefer it that way though kinda of. If someone is passing bullets right by my head, I want to know about it, friendly or not. If more people paid attention to peripheral firing indicators, maybe they wouldn't run out in front of so many friendly MGs.

Talking about peripheral vision indicators, as in the white dots at the edges of your screen. And indeed, from today onward they seem to indicate friendlies too.

I'm still waiting answer on hit-confirmation sounds and the recon plane though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I know is, if I pop off two at close range in the center of a guy's chest before he blasts me with his SMG....he should be toppling over and bleeding out next to me 90% of the time.

As it is, it's like 30% of the time, and the other 60% he just bandages a non-critical wound and walks off, or my hits fail to register altogether.

Kind of reminds me a little bit of firing a Gustav in Bad Company 2. If someone killed you just as the rocket left your barrel, the rocket ceased to exist. (It never traveled to its intended target.)

The exact same thing feels like it's happening here in some instances.

Upvote 0