• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server browser still shows no servers

Yah me too and 2 others i game with....,

Yah me too and 2 others i game with....,

Me also and my 2 gaming buddies have the same probs. It got better for me when i switched the steam download to 56k. Apparently its something to do with how much info the steam servers give you when you request it.

Steams answer to this problem..., buy a better router.., which i find a complete copout and ridiculous from a company this big. So Steam.., what does it mean buy a better router? You mean buy a router without ping flood protection? NFW is what i say. Tone down your requests by filtering options BEFORE the servers are refreshed in steam is the answer..., noob steam staff pish.

Honestly though your internet cuts out ( or should i say your crappy router cuts out lolz ) because of the sheer amount of answers coming back from the steam master servers. Wether or not changing my download speed in steam has anything to do with it i dunno.

Now i will admit that my connection does not have the best stability but i can tweek SNR margins to a point by syncing at a lower rate. That said i have NEVER... let me repeat this...... NEVER, had a problem, REMOTELY like this with any other game outside of steam

I tried no firewall/AV,
I tried DMZ (even though steam doesnt recommend it which makes me lol ),
I tried reg tweaks (CafeRate etc),
I tried steam beta,
I tried master server vdf files ( dont forget to make the read only lulz ),
I tried tweaking steam options interface,
Hell i even opened up my router to accept literally 100's of session connections!!! talk about saying come hack me lol.
Ive even tried 3 different routers!!! (zyxel/Thompson/D-link) proof that steam is well, steaming pissed rofl.

I would put my little or non existent, tarnished reputation on the line and say this has NOTHING to do with TWI and everything to do with steam's inability to sort out priority traffic.

Steam is pathetic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0