• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mare Nostrum Dead?

i just got Red Orchestra 2 and 1 together for 40 bucks :) and installed some of the total conversions for Red Orchestra 1, I noticed that there is only 1 server on Mare Nostrum with no one playing, while Darkest Hour has still quite a few servers with people playing. So, is Mare Nostrum dead, or did something go wrong in my installation and is not displaying the Mare Nostrum servers? I noticed in the news section of mulitplayer, it gives a list of funny codes.

DH is going to release final update in coming week(s), the update itself is ready, but has to go through TWI and Steam in order to get to us, and they didn't want to stress TWI too much with that.

DH has been my favourite shooter for years, it's just really awesome. Tanking is top notch as far as the dated Unreal engine goes. DH2 I will be waiting for you.

Upvote 0
Dh will be dead soon, the only servers with people are the 29th and Jolly Rogers Tank server, that is all. And i have to admit that the 29th server is **** for euro players!

We're open to getting a better Euro server if anyone knows of a place that could offer a 70 slot in Europe for a reasonable price. As of now, though, the feedback we're getting from our European members is that they can play on our Battalion and Company servers (both 70 slots) quite well.

Upvote 0
It's dead? :( Looks like Red Orchestra 1 will be slowly dieing out, with the release of sequel. At least Darkest Hour is still up... for now.

Mare Nostrum was never really alive tbh at least not compared to DH

the only time there were some player around was in the beginning before DH was out

dunno why maybe it was the setting

Upvote 0
Mare Nostrum was never really alive tbh at least not compared to DH

the only time there were some player around was in the beginning before DH was out

dunno why maybe it was the setting

Also there was a surge of players when one of the major patches came out that added tank combat among other things, but it died down after that.

I haven't been on a while, but there are still fight nights where people get together and play the mod. Actually they are today starting at 2 pm if you want to try out the mod. Join the Mare Nostrum group on steam if you want the updates on those. It's a really good mod, why it never got the players DH got is anyone's guess. I personally enjoyed the sunny desert maps compared to DH's gloomy landscape.

Reactions: dogbadger
Upvote 0
Dh will be dead soon, the only servers with people are the 29th and Jolly Rogers Tank server, that is all. And i have to admit that the 29th server is **** for euro players!
What is the Problem for Euro gamers? I am from EU and enjoy games on DH servers very much. At the moment more than RO2 games, but that's another story.

Upvote 0
Mare Nostrum was the victim of unfortunate timing, it was released very near the release of the much broader and more anticipated DH, so it was active only for a very short period. I remember being stunned at how quickly it was forgotten by most of the community. It's a shame, the devs put in some good work and it's still WAY better at simulating desert combat than playing KasserinePass through DH.

Reactions: clambo
Upvote 0
MN is not completely dead tet as there is still a fightnight every saturday evening
jh2.jpg
ht.jpg

uk.jpg

Reactions: clambo
Upvote 0